It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaps in Melania Trump's immigration story raise questions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'm just glad that the right finally agrees with me that all illegal immigrants who are working, following all other laws, and contributing to society by buying stuff with their income, should be allowed to stay and should be given the path to citizenship while they are living here.
That's awesome! Now we are getting somewhere!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Because she's the other candidate running for president. If you're mad at Melania for coming here illegally, vote for Hillary. You and indigo act like I brought up one of Hillary's many scandals to attempt to balance or tip the scales on whatever is going on inside this thread. Again looking for something you aren't gonna find.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: Indigo5

Oh noes! Not Melania coming here on a short term visa, anything but that! This is turrable!

Seeing as she is pretending she did not come here until 1996...and clearly she was here (as her roommate attests) as well as the Nude Photo shoot and subsequent magazine publication shows..in 1995...there is a question about whether she was here on a Visa at all.

Maybe we should vote for Hillary Clinton in 3 months then.

What does Hillary Clinton have to do with Melania Trump potentially having come here illegally.

Have you spent so much time obsessing about Hillary Clinton that you are unable to discuss other topics?

Ok, I see I've offended you and Annee at the mere mention of Hillary Clinton... Back to voting for Trump! About obsessing over Hillary, just forget the entire paragraph I wrote and only pay attention to the first ten words I wrote.

Stay on topic, no need to bring out your insecurities my friend.

All but ten words were on topic. Phew man, lotta sensitivity in this thread...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

You are WRONG!!!! Most of my friends are from HOlland and Sweden, Iceland, Norway, and Denmark!! They came here on a temporary green card to go to school and everyone of them worked at some point!!

www.internationalstudent-s.com...

So, they had a STUDENT visa - - - not a TOURIST visa.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

We are mixing terms then because I call a temporary green card a student visa...the green card is a permanent resident
card. So isn't a temporary green card a temporary resident card? A student visa....

Sorry if i have confused the issue which in my opinion is a NON ISSUE!!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: introvert

Oh noes! Not Melania coming here on a short term visa, anything but that! This is turrable!

That is how most illegal immigrants get in to the country. They come with a visa and then stay once it has expired.

Despite common belief, they are not all crossing the border illegally.

And won't be deported under Trump unless caught breaking a law other than being here illegally. And the millions here that came illegally and are now legal aren't the ones in the spotlight, so the left needs to get off Melania's back unless she's still here illegally. Man, you guys really have nothing better to do, do you...

More, more, more, more excuses.

I'll repeat... And the millions here that came illegally and are now legal aren't the ones in the spotlight.

I will repeat stay on topic son.

Whatever, stop trolling me. I'm not your son.

link   

Yes! They had a student visa!!

link   

If you're mad at Melania for coming here illegally, vote for Hillary.

I'm not mad at Melania. I actually support open borders.

Not really the point though.

And has nothing to do with Hillary.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: LSU0408

he's lying to you!

you're okay with the silly little lies so easily checked??? I would be livid if I were a trump supporter.

trump's chumps.

Why would you be livid?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
EDIT:

Condensed version:

The Clinton campaign really needs to rethink the whole strategy of attacking your opponents spouse.

Something about people who live in glass houses.

The problem is Trump has made illegals the prime issue of his campaign when he has a history of hiring them, ad his wife to the mix and makes everything he says completely hypocritical. And Trump going after Bill for his cheating ways just opens Trump himself up for the same. Trump keeps opening doors on things he is weak on. However, he chose this path, a path where attacks on the way people look, their race, their sex, their nationality is all now ok. He set himself up for this. Which is why people do not do it. The short term gain is never enough to make up for the long term harm.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Yes! They had a student visa!!

Student Visa's are not the same as a Tourist Visa.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just for clarity, is the claim:

A) Melania came to the US illegally?

or, is the claim:

B) Melania did something illegal while legally in the US?

There is a substantial difference between the two.
edit on 4-8-2016 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'm just glad that the right finally agrees with me that all illegal immigrants who are working, following all other laws, and contributing to society by buying stuff with their income, should be allowed to stay and should be given the path to citizenship while they are living here.
That's awesome! Now we are getting somewhere!

That's not an issue, never has been. Anyone here illegally should go through due process to be here legally. A wall should be built to decrease the smuggling.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Just for clarity, is the claim:

A) Melania came to the US illegally?

or, is the claim:

B) Melania did something illegal while legally in the US?

There is a substantial difference between the two.

Aren't both illegal?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You and indigo act like I brought up one of Hillary's many scandals to attempt to balance or tip the scales on whatever is going on inside this thread.

The word you were looking for was "derail"..

See ...agree/disagree, support/oppose..I don't enter the gazillion "Hillary is Criminal" threads on here by immediately shouting about Trump's frauds...I discuss the actual topic..cuz that is the topic...and whether Trump scammed University students is not relevant to a thread about Hillarys email scandal..

So when folks immediately start shouting about Hillary on a thread asking questions about Melania's immigration status...it makes no sense beyond desperate derail.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So she gets the same treatment anyone else gets that came here 21 years ago and is here legally now. Trust me, it's not an issue.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That is how most illegal immigrants get in to the country. They come with a visa and then stay once it has expired.

Despite common belief, they are not all crossing the border illegally.

And won't be deported under Trump unless caught breaking a law other than being here illegally. And the millions here that came illegally and are now legal aren't the ones in the spotlight, so the left needs to get off Melania's back unless she's still here illegally. Man, you guys really have nothing better to do, do you...

More, more, more, more excuses.

I'll repeat... And the millions here that came illegally and are now legal aren't the ones in the spotlight.

I will repeat stay on topic son.

Whatever, stop trolling me. I'm not your son.

Stay on topic kid.

link   

Aren't both illegal?

Of course.

However, only one option pertains to Trump's stance on illegal immigration.

link   

So she gets the same treatment anyone else gets that came here 21 years ago and is here legally now. Trust me, it's not an issue.

HYPOCRISY:

1. the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do

2. behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

edit on 4-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Melania's status has no effect on Trump's qualifications.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join