It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence: 'Name Calling' Has No Place in Politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
On Friday Mike Pence hinted that he still has no clue who his running mate really is. During an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, Pence complained that President Obama called Donald Trump a "demagogue"

“I don’t think name calling has any place in public life,” Trump’s running mate told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt on Friday. Asked about Democrats attack on Trump during this week’s Democratic National Convention, Pence complained that President Obama was wrong to call the GOP presidential nominee a “demagogue.” Salon

Meanwhile on Friday...

Trump has adopted name-calling in a fashion unheard of in politics. Why is the Republican VP complaining about the democrats?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Face it, they all do it, they all act like 10 year olds on the playground now. There is no decorum, no intelligent debate no sticking to facts. Might as well have clowns running for all offices in all parts of government large and small.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Pence is entitled to have his personal opinion.

This is not the Democratic party aka the Borg, where everyone serves Hillary, and where different opinions are not allowed, or you will be BANNED= Bernie supporters.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Why is the Republican VP complaining about the democrats?

Because that's his job? Because Trump is busy staying on-track with burying Hillary in her history?
I don't know. But, it sounds good to me.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I swear these people have some cognitive disability that disallows self reflection.

K~

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmmm. I kinda think everyone in the world sorta knows "a thing" about him. If there is anyone alive who knows "nothing" about Donald Trump, I would think they are living in the Amazonian Jungle......or a baby or toddler. Neither of whom would have the capacity to know.

He's quite a character.
Although I'll admit that I, after investigating and attempting to educate myself about him, still don't know whether he's genuine and authentic, or just a bloviating big-mouth who says whatever comes into his head and damn the torpedoes.

I think he has no filter. And I think Hillary's campaign is correct that "a man who can be baited by a tweet has no business having access to nuclear codes."

I can hardly believe he's that awful. Then again, I've been fooled before, and some people really ARE THAT AWFUL.

edit on 7/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
Its only name calling if the left does it, we are so lucky to have trump save us from all those evil commies.

edit on 30-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   
And another 500,000 votes for Trump is gathered.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nope, So Much.

edit on 7/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Never mind...wrong quote. Sorry!

edit on 30-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Where did Pence ever call Hillary a right-wing extremist? That article you brought up shows them calling him as such.

EDIT: I see well it was a mistake from your part. At least you apologized unlike some when they try to spread propaganda.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

He's right but unfortunately name calling, personal attacks, character assassination and programming of the weak minded is practiced by the Left, the Right and especially by the media.

The thing about Trump (and I'm no Trump fan boy), is that he's beating the media at their own game.

He's not above stooping down to their level and they hate it.

edit on 30-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The only "name" you should never call Hillary is, "Madam President".

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If explaining policy and using reason was the best way to convince people to vote for them that is what they would do.
Most people are swayed by emotions/feelings, authority, divinity, virtue signaling, attractiveness, and in general someone who can dominate in the social dynamics arena.
The problem is Human's brains and thus opinions are in large part controlled by their subconscious, and the subconscious picks up on indicators of leadership and relatableness.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you actually think you're funny?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Preach!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Because that's his job? Because Trump is busy staying on-track with burying Hillary in her history?
I don't know. But, it sounds good to me.

How much will the female electorate take of bashing Clinton until they see it as political rape?

Alienate the ladies at your own peril Donald!!

Even Conservative women won't put up with that BS for very long.
edit on 30-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How much will the female electorate take of bashing Clinton until they see it as political rape?

They'll have to take it as long as it's the truth. If they can't deny their own ignorance, who wants them tainting the vote 'for' Trump.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Name calling is pretty much Trumps entire political platform. You get rid of that and their is really not much to the guy. and lets face it his supporters are not the facts and details sort of people. They just want somebody say stuff and make them feel like somebody else is to blame and that the messiah Trump will solve all the worlds problems. Even if they do not really believe it.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Pence complained that President Obama called Donald Trump a "demagogue"

Yeah, when Trump heard that Obama had called him a "Demagogue", he was confused, because he distinctly remembers changing to a Republican.

Because he has no clue who his running mate really is... Neither does Trump. I suspect that they'll be much like McCain and Palin. With similar success.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh, I already call her that - over and over. I love the sound of it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join