It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland the cowardly...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The EU government tells the governments within the EU what it can and can't do. If the countries government disagrees, tough. They have to do as they're told.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What is that famous saying about controlling a nations money?

Someone, somewhere is smarter than the person who made that statement.

Controlling hte money is good...but if you control trading you've gone one better.

EU supremacy of law, they passed regulations that completely destroyed entire villages in Scotland - where are the patriots now?

I said this a few months ago to someone and they responded with this - that was years ago...you still care about that?

Well you might have forgottm Mr Patriot, but the people who had their lives destroyed have been fighting that fight for the last 20 r so years, it didn't disappear for them.

Truth is they've no loyalty to their country. they care not about the industries wrecked by EU policy.

Not so patriotic.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Probably a mixture of both, but either way, the Scots voted to remain in the UK family, then when we have a UK wide referendum about the UK leaving the EU they decide to whinge and refuse to accept the UK wide result.
It is pathetic, I'd be happy seeing them gone if only so they can stop blaming England for all their problems.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The whole EU thing is rigged in favour of the big corps...if someone produces a superior product...hell, the wpording on their containers isn't right.

A quick backhander and some new directive is issued...small companies must spend huge amounts of money to change packaging, etc, or they can't shift their goods.

Works out well for certain people, not so well for small business.

Nice way to take ou the competition. People voted in favour of globalism...and went all feverish and rabbid because they didn't get it.

Like I said, the people now regulate on behalf of the elite...they don't have to try any more, we're self-regulating on their behalf.
edit on 30-7-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It's not just the Scots though. There are English, Welsh and Irish protests over leaving the EU too.

Also, it's only 62% out of the the 67% of eligible voters who voted (BTW, that's almost 20% less turnout than the Scottish independence referendum).

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well thankyou I had fun. Until I return ..enjoy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's not just the Scots though. There are English, Welsh and Irish protests over leaving the EU too.

Yeah, but the thread is about Scots protesting to leave the UK. They are the only ones with a majority independence government...the only ones whinging to be fair.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah, but the thread is about Scots protesting to leave the UK. They are the only ones with a majority independence government...the only ones whinging to be fair.

And if f course if the referendum results had been reversed you would never have mentioned leaving the EU again........

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And, as I said, it's their right to protest. It's peaceful. Anyone in the UK has the same right, regardless.

If I'm honest, I don't see the protests as a problem. It's only a problem if it gets the leave vote overturned.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

What EU regulations completely destroyed entire villages?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

And if f course if the referendum results had been reversed you would never have mentioned leaving the EU again........

I agree. If the vote was the exact opposite of what it was, there would be threads, protests and everything about wanting to leave.

You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. That's why there was a vote in the first place. Majority rules.
edit on 3072016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Oh I would have had my opinions of course, but I would have accepted the UK wide decision and dealt with the new reality.
I said as much in threads prior to the EU vote. The UK decided as a united country which the Scots voted to be part of a year or so ago.

Yeah, we want to be part of the UK but when the UK has a collective vote we won't accept the decision.
Couldn't make it up, and as I said, I couldn't give a # if Scotland leaves the UK, just make your #ing minds up and stop whinging.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Regulations regarding fishing.

They protested recently by sailing along the Thames in favour of Brexit - bob geldof and his privileged pals showed up and literally stuch their fingers up at them

entire villages and towns in Scotland relied on the fishing industry for hundreds of years.

Apparently, if you're a Scottish patriot, that doesn't matter.

that's loyalty for you!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Who's really whining here?

You limies'd kick 'em out if you didn't need 'em.

originally posted by: samerulesapply
Here is a link about the so-called protest...a picture of whinging cowards waving their saltires and EU flags.

Disgusting.

There will be civil war in this country before there's independence...and they'll lose that, aswell.

Disgusting? Yet, you'd kill 'em first ... before letting them go.

I would love to kick them out

But aside from there bitching when we gave them a chance to go in 2014 they didn't take it.
edit on 30-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
One thing I did just think of.

If Scotland does get another referendum for independence, does that mean that, if the stay within the UK, anytime Scotland has a problem with the government, they'll just have another independence vote?

It does kind of set itself up to make Scotland look like it's going to throw it's dummy out the pram anytime it doesn't agree with the U.K. majority vote, regardless if it's true or not. It's just the image it's very likely to give.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nope, this is the coolest flag ever...

Ditch the union jack.

I want it as our main flag!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Having been to Scotland many, many times I feel that I can say that you are not alone as you'd think you are.

Just as here in America, you are seeing the desperate few who realize how few in number they are. And they are desperate to try to have others share their ideas. They are looking to assimilate others into their own ideals. Ideals of a rather naive sense of "social justice" and what they perceive to be "right".

The most direct way that I see to combat such thoughts...is not to sit back idle. Whereas I doubt protests and marches are as effective as others might think, I do feel that intelligent discussion is in order. With your family, your friends, and folks at the pub. Don't allow this nonsense to take hold. People are far too easily susceptible to assimilation of what is perceived to be the social norm.

Ideas are the ultimate virus. They spread rapidly.

As Smokey the Bear said to us as children here in America... "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh I would have had my opinions of course, but I would have accepted the UK wide decision and dealt with the new reality.
I said as much in threads prior to the EU vote. The UK decided as a united country which the Scots voted to be part of a year or so ago.

Yeah, we want to be part of the UK but when the UK has a collective vote we won't accept the decision.
Couldn't make it up, and as I said, I couldn't give a # if Scotland leaves the UK, just make your #ing minds up and stop whinging.

You say you don't care but seem to post in every single thread about Scottish independence. From memory I think you even started at least one.

If you hadn't posted in this thread how would a protest in Glasgow even remotely impact on you?

I think you love us really. It the ginger hair and kilts isn't it? Go on admit you love us!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Lol, I know!

Wouldn't have to listen to whinging Sturgeon on English TV anymore.
She gets way too much airtime the auld whinge bag.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

Regulations regarding fishing.

They protested recently by sailing along the Thames in favour of Brexit - bob geldof and his privileged pals showed up and literally stuch their fingers up at them

entire villages and towns in Scotland relied on the fishing industry for hundreds of years.

Apparently, if you're a Scottish patriot, that doesn't matter.

that's loyalty for you!

Fishing is in decline because of over fishing for decades. The problem wasn't over regulation it was lack of regulation until it was too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join