It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland the cowardly...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
There is certainly a lot of whining happening I will give you that...

Yep, from you Scots. I am just finding amusement from the bitter whinging lol

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Youn can tell by the 'glaikit' looks on half of their faces that it's a fun day out for them...majority of them don't even care.

Just another excuse to hang aboot the toon propping up fast food chains and coffee shops...sit on the grass all day waving flags with big cheesy grins on their faces...look at us, we're political!

they'll leave their mess and go home and watch celebrity big brother with one eye while gawping at their iphones with the other.

We all saw the videos of them crying after brexit, their reasons for being upset - the stupid crap they came out with.

Saying stupid things like we'll lose the NHS...we'l have to pay to travel to France, yes - I lol'd very much so.

I like how nothing of substance is offered - I mean you mention the common fisheries policy and how it affected Scotland..the country they pretend to love so much and they pooh-pooh it because it didn't affect them directly...you still worried about that? That was years ago!

Out of sight, out of mind I suppose. Patriotism at its best!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

How so?

Says who?

The EU?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Must be a nightmare for you guys who have to deal with bitter whinging nationalist in real life.
Hopefully for you they are just the noisy minority.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

To be fair it's not them I worry about...they're bad enough, zealots.

But the loyalists are hardcore...the hard truth is half of these so-called protesters will lose their mojo when the real loyalists finally rise up, and they almost did a couple of years ago.

They think it's fun, a game...but it's not a game for everyone...I'm talking about real loyalists, of course. People who steadfastly believe in the union, as opposed to their fake, virtue signalling, false patriotism.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Protesters in London are not sufficiently knowledgeable about the affect on Scottish fishing villages for you? What patriotism is it it you think is lacking? I thought this thread was about us deluded Scots????

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Some loyalty to your country and fellow countrymen would be a start.

Being able to accept the majority decision, to respect the choices made by others.

The minue you take part in an election - you agree to the rules.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

But the loyalists are hardcore...the hard truth is half of these so-called protesters will lose their mojo when the real loyalists finally rise up, and they almost did a couple of years ago.

They think it's fun, a game...but it's not a game for everyone...I'm talking about real loyalists, of course. People who steadfastly believe in the union, as opposed to their fake, virtue signalling, false patriotism.

Tell us more about these 'real loyalists'. Do they wear rangers tops, have union flag tattoos and have strange obsession with irish history by any chance?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Besides, stop nitpicking...you are deliberately fixating on one issue...and I'll tell you why, because you don't think it's relevant.

And it probably isn't...FOR YOU!

And that's the point...what about their policies regarding agriculture?

Biofuel? Arable land being used to grow crops so they can be burned? The idiotic windfarms that are popping up, the do nothing but dirty the land you probably pretend you love so much.

that burst into flames...to power all of the UK with these junk machines we'd have to plant them over 3/4 of the land.

There are lot's and lot's of reasons, I'm sure you did thorough research, so why ask me? Did you vote? Based on what, exactly?

Naturally, it was all about immigration for brexiters...the news told me. The news and fake patriots.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Some loyalty to your country and fellow countrymen would be a start.

Being able to accept the majority decision, to respect the choices made by others.

The minue you take part in an election - you agree to the rules.

Democracy is in no way about accepting the choices made by others. It's about trying to change people's minds to agree with you and peaceful protest is part of that.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Some of them do, yes...what's your point?

do you think they're a figment of my imagination? do you think they're irrelevant?

Don't you remember how some of the indy ref protests ended in Glasgow? They are real people, I can assure you...adn there are many of them.

Seems you're blinded by your own opinion and little more...based on god only knows what. But a reality check would most likely lay rest to it...when you realise just how serious some people actually take it.

Don't judge them on your standards, they're not as fickle as you seem to think.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Well try changing peoples minds with realistic arguments, so far all you've done is argue but you've presented nothing substantial, just opposition with no clear aim or goal.

If you can't change peoples minds maybe it's because you're wrong...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Energy policy is decided at UK level. And Scotland managed last year to produce over half our energy from renewables and we seem to be doing ok for land.

Bursting into flames can happen (happened near me a few years back) but unlike a fire at a nuclear or fossil fuel power station there tends to be a fairly limited affect.

I disagree with a lot of EU polices however overall think it is better to be in it than out. I can't say the same for being part of the UK which has a lot more influence on our day to day life than the EU does.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Some of them do, yes...what's your point?

do you think they're a figment of my imagination? do you think they're irrelevant?

Don't you remember how some of the indy ref protests ended in Glasgow? They are real people, I can assure you...adn there are many of them.

Seems you're blinded by your own opinion and little more...based on god only knows what. But a reality check would most likely lay rest to it...when you realise just how serious some people actually take it.

Don't judge them on your standards, they're not as fickle as you seem to think.

I know they are real it was your apparently admiring tone about them I find worrying.

Personally I am not going to make my decisions about what is best for Scotland based on a fear of a tiny number of idiots stuck in the 1600's.
edit on 30-7-2016 by ScepticScot because: Random word

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Another fallacy...

Read

Quote:

Claim: The EU has set a 15% overall target for UK energy consumption from renewable sources in 2020.

Conclusion: The UK does have a 15% overall target. It also has a 10% target for renewables in transport energy consumption in 2020. The exact way in which the 15% target is met is up to the UK, so long as the 10% transport sub-target is met.

You were saying? this information is freely available...I'd have thought you'd have found it on your research before you conlcuded that the EU was a good thing as is evident by your continued ...ahem - contributions to this thread

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Well try changing peoples minds with realistic arguments, so far all you've done is argue but you've presented nothing substantial, just opposition with no clear aim or goal.

If you can't change peoples minds maybe it's because you're wrong...

As opposed to the substantial argument of 'look they are smiling, they must be wrong' which this thread seems based on.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Admiring tone? You really are something else...a quote from the post where I mentioned the loyalists:

To be fair it's not them I worry about...they're bad enough, zealots. But the loyalists are hardcore...

I admire them so much, I'm worried about them. You're an idiot.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And I can assure you...growing up in the area of Glasgow where I lived as a ROMAN CATHOLIC - I have little admiration for such people.

I'm done with you...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Funny how the meaning changes when you show your full post (quote mining your own post is a bad show).

The zealots comment clearly refers to nationalists and you refer to the real patriotism of these loyalists as opposed to fake pro indy patriotism

May be not what you meant (but based on your other comments i suspect it is) but it is certainly what you said.
edit on 30-7-2016 by ScepticScot because: Typo

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Like bickering kids lol
Solo where are you???

No Scottish thread is complete without your presence!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join