It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland the cowardly...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No - unfortunately I do have to quote myself since you are deliberately taking what I said out of context...you just showed your true colours in that last post...read the quote...you'll see "real loyalists" then read your response...and you claim I apparently said "real patriots"

Note how I continually refer to them as "them" and therein lies the clue. I expect people on ATS to be able to understand what they are reading before I get involved in a chat with them...you failed.

Lastly...what part of roman catholic born and bred in a very orange town in Glasgow do you not get?

I can't believe how twisted people are...this - this is the type of person this thread is about.

Saturday night...I've better things to do.

Cheerio
edit on 30-7-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Like bickering kids lol
Solo where are you???

No Scottish thread is complete without your presence!

Probably at the march (or possibly pub after the march)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: grainofsand

To be fair it's not them I worry about...they're bad enough, zealots.

But the loyalists are hardcore...the hard truth is half of these so-called protesters will lose their mojo when the real loyalists finally rise up, and they almost did a couple of years ago.

They think it's fun, a game...but it's not a game for everyone...I'm talking about real loyalists, of course. People who steadfastly believe in the union, as opposed to their fake, virtue signalling, false patriotism.

Quote once again in its entirety. What does 'People who steadfastly believe in the union as opposed to their fake, virtue signalling, false patriotism' mean then????

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I imagine angry unionist types who, even when they tell their partner that they love them, shout in a rabid Ian Paisley style?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ah the Reverent Paisley. A man who went through life with Caps lock stuck on.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

I don't see what smiling has to do with the sincerity of a protest. In the 1940s when the British smiled we didn't say, 'see, they enjoy having rockets fired at them! Bloody Scottish!'

Also I don't see what the EU has to do with independence from England. England takes Scotland's tax and spends it everywhere but Scotland from what I understand.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: grainofsand
Nope, this is the coolest flag ever...

No one is getting their head chopped off in that one. Maybe if the dragon was getting skewered or something.

It needs more violence.

how about this one, its an Itsekri banner, which also features a Union Flag, you want violence, imagine that's not a leopard, but a lion and those aren't markings...

hehe

edit on 31-7-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

dont know much about politics but the scots consider themselves as the brain of GB. Ive worked with them and there is something to what they say

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I Have Welsh and German friends-both agree that Scotland should jump off the sinking ship that is the British empire and my Welsh friend was flabbergasted that Wales didn't want to follow suit.

And calling the Scots cowardly is a low blow IMO.

edit on 31-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Your friends from Wales must not follow politics then, Plaid Cymru the Welsh nationalist party have never had the majority vote in Wales.

There are minimal calls to leave the UK, from misguided folk such as Plaid Cymru, which is why hardly anyone votes for them in the UK parliamentary elections.

Oh, and Wales voted to leave the EU as well...perhaps pick a better anecdote than a couple of mates who clearly do not understand the political situation in their nation.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I Have Welsh and German friends-

You poor guy, you have my sympathy

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

dont know much about politics but the scots consider themselves as the brain of GB. Ive worked with them and there is something to what they say

Scottish cities are built around academic research; Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, Stirling. and many others. London is based more on property and land speculation, plus legal services.

What irks the Scottish with England (or rather Central London) is the bankers and city traders who bought up local manufacturing companies, sold off the high tech equipment, gave themselves bonuses from the asset stripped pension funds, made all the staff redundant then preached how wondeful globalism is while at the same time leaving the country with a national debt that will never be repayed. Any objections were shouted down with cries of "Laissez Faire! Laissez Faire!"

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Of course there were no Scottish bankers, traders, or politicians involved in any of that.
Oh no, it was all English people!

...yeah, seems legit

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

LOL!

the regulations don't prevent over fishing. have you researched the common fisheries policy?

If you have then you'd know that they actually throw fish back in, it regulates the size of catches, size of nets, etc.

It also allows other EU members to fish in your waters...so how does this prevent over fishing?

You'd rather they catch the fish, then throw half of them back into the water...many of them already dead?

Fishing boats on tbe South coast have the same rules. All fishing boats are limited to quotas of kilograms of fish per trip/week. So what happens? They have a quota of 50Kg per trip. They catch one fish that weighs 20Kg. That's a keeper - so they put it in the keep bucket. Next fish is 40Kg. That too is a keeper. So what do they do now? If they keep both, the skipper will lose his license and be prosecuted. So they toss the 20Kg catch overboard . it's already dead, so that poor critter died for nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
As an Englishman I happen to be fond of the relationship we have with the Scots.
We share a common demos and we have a rich close cultural history.
The EU doesn't offer that, but you know you can say the EU succeeded because it
broke down our historical bonds and made the EU state the one to look up to.
That's the point behind this manipulative EU empire they were constructing.
Limbo

edit on 1-8-2016 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I Have Welsh and German friends-both agree that Scotland should jump off the sinking ship that is the British empire and my Welsh friend was flabbergasted that Wales didn't want to follow suit.

And calling the Scots cowardly is a low blow IMO.

British empire are you drunk?
Limbo

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
maybe its because they are sick of arseholes in England treating the UK like #e on yer shoe!

People in Scotland who want independence want it because they are fed up of having an illusion of democracy and no constitution and fed up of being used!

They are waving the EU flag because they like the ideals that the EU has brought , like unified peace the likes of which has never been seen in europe !
funny how there is like 1 or 2 EU flags to the ten score saltire or lion rampant
but its the minor details that count eh!

its something they can relate to!

Our shower of bastards doon in Wesminister are evil #s and they have simply had enough so they are making enough noise to change that because currently it seems the best way to relieve ourselves of this corruption.

I think you are the one greeting aboot it

haud yer weesht you
edit on 1-8-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

how is exercising your right to freely express your political opinions bitching and whining isnt that what demcoracy is meant to be about being able to have an opposing opinion and march and protest and complain that you want something better

whether thats independence or something else political!

in scotland when hings dinnae go your way and you moan ye get telt to deal wae it!

and thats what they are doing taking matters into their own hands and dealing with it!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Scotland the cowardly are at it again.

Marching through Glasgow city centre whinging about independence.

They have EU flags! How confused can people be?

Even funnier, the march was organised by an "activist group" named 'all under one banner' - the irony!

We are all under one banner, it's called a union jack - can someone please take these numpties aside and define independence for them, please?

A nation of cowards....Scotland is like the whiny little brother, any time there's a problem the bigger brother steps in and lends a hand...but when big brother isn't doing so well, Scotland wants to wave 'cheerio' and run away.

Here's what it really is...Scotland no longer needs the UK because someone, somehwere - has decided that if we leave the UK, the EU will prop us up instead when things go pete tong.

I'm ashamed of my nation, brave my arse.

It's funny, you come on here spouting hatred and getting all riled up at people voicing their opinion? Chill out dude, I'm pro Independence and even I'm not as worked up as you.

I'm having a hard time working out why you're so worked up...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We are all under one banner, it's called a union jack - can someone please take these numpties aside and define independence for them, please?

Hey, numpties: independence is when you ditch the bastards in Westminster and replace them with other bastards in either Brussels or Holyrood. Take your pick.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join