It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thanks for clarifying your position. I know there are genuine Christians who aren't hateful.

Unfortunately those of you stay pretty much out of the lime-light (appropriately) - it's the loud ones that the article is describing. There are many many of them. You aren't one.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

THANKS BIG for your kind words.

I try, in my very flawed way, by His Grace.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I, too, try my best. With all my fire and spit.....I really mean well. I care too much; that is my problem.
Sadly, not everyone believes me.

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: SisterDelirium

you could be right, we ARE very divided.

However, I just call people how I see it. I fight for equal rights and no discrimination.

for example: a cake baker that will not bake a cake for a gay is a bigot, its very obvious, I do not need propaganda or news stations to tell me so.

If fighting for equality and no discrimination divides us, then the part that is left behind to judge and belittle must catch up to the rest of us who want a better country.

Myself and others like myself are not going to go back to bigoted ways nor will we turn a blind eye and ignore it. It should and will be pointed out, and with time, it WILL be corrected and America will be a much better country.

Forcing everyone to be a christian is not the way to make America a better country. That is what fake "christians" want and not only is it bigoted, but extremely ignorant and narrow-minded. That way of thinking is what is corrupting America.

Christianity is a wonderful religion and if you are a true Christian then you probably do not feel threatened at all. You also would be glad to bake a cake for a gay... Thanks to you

I tend to err on the side of freedom--so long as no one is harmed. Freedom allows people room to make mistakes and grow. To me, support for freedom is a natural outgrowth of belief in free will. God is literally so radical about freedom that He allows people to choose good or evil, in my worldview.

Like all Christians, I genuinely hope people choose good over evil....but I also understand how hard that is to do. I also know how much I fail at that daily. I'm currently so angry over something that transpired this week that I couldn't even bring myself to go to confession. So, aspirations to Christlike behavior and loving others as yourself....that is a seriously uphill battle over one's own ego and nature. Some get really good at it, and we call them saints. But it's sadly not uncommon that "Christians" can only be identified by the big cross on their neck and the Bible they're beating someone with (not the intended use, by the way).

As for the baker, I really don't care. Unless they're being asked to make something overtly sexual...like a penis cake. That's probably best for everyone, because I've seen cake wrecks.

The real conscience issues I worry about are abortion and euthanasia. I don't feel it's right to force anyone to participate in those actions. But, that's life and death, therefore far more important than confectionery.

As a nation, though, if we're going to stay one, I think rallying around freedom is a good start...with fighting corruption a good next step.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That's a Tardacussed thing to say!
Democrats actually are the ones who want to honor Jesus's message, care for widows and orphans, make sure everyone is fed and housed and educated, and get along.

What do you not get about that?

edit on 7/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Like all Christians, I genuinely hope people choose good over evil

That's good, but the problem is that Christians today think everything is evil, and most of their beliefs aren't even based on anything in the religion, such as worshipping guns, the military, American exceptionalism, capitalism, monogarmy, anti-science, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Like all Christians, I genuinely hope people choose good over evil

That's good, but the problem is that Christians today think everything is evil, and most of their beliefs aren't even based on anything in the religion, such as worshipping guns, the military, American exceptionalism, capitalism, monogarmy, anti-science, etc.

That may be accurate for some denominations, but it's not true for all. The church I attend has quite a few engineers, scientists and doctors standing at the liturgy on Sunday. I can't speak for denominations inspired by Calvinist ideas. They tend to scare me a little.

As for monogamy, it's the standard Christians are told to aspire to, but it's far from the boots on the ground norm. The church I'm a part of has an interesting way of handling divorce and remarriage which I think is far kinder than the Roman Catholic tradition.

I'd encourage you to get out and meet Christians rather than accept the media caricatures of Christians. For me, I'm striving...often failing...to be an Orthodox. As our priest says, though, people should know you're Christian by your words and actions, not because you told them so. I'm so far from that most days that my heart hurts. But, it's where I want to be sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't doubt that you do, so try, with all your fire and spit.

It's a wonderful thing to avoid being luke-warm about crucial priorities.

Thank you for that.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I would never have an abortion, I am not religious or a "christian" in any way, this is just how I feel.

For myself, I am pro-life. Even if raped, I feel I would have to have the child, even if it killed me.

However, as a law, I do not want to push my beliefs on others, I believe they should have the choice.

So even though I am pro-life for myself...I will fight as pro-choice...bc women deserve the choice...without judgment.

I also do believe that we are given an open road to make mistakes and learn from them, its one of the best ways to learn, but discrimination should be outlawed, and it is, so that makes me happy.

Discrimination should not be viewed as a mistake that we should be allowed to make bc for one thing...the bigot does not learn from his mistakes. If you truly believe your views are the better views... how can you learn?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I also do believe that we are given an open road to make mistakes and learn from them, its one of the best ways to learn, but discrimination should be outlawed, and it is, so that makes me happy.

Yes. I also believe myself that we are here to learn. We are all students, on this planet together. Some are more advanced souls who can deal with the superficial stuff - others are knee-jerker newbies who get freaked out by change.....

I do understand. It's about temperaments. Inborn personality traits.
I used to photograph newborns for a living...in hospitals...the differences among newborns are tremendous. Every one of them was slightly different. Some were nonchalant, some were flipped out, some were curious, others were pissed.....

that never goes away, sadly. That's the general makeup of the individual. Somehow, we all have to muddle through together. Is it hard? YES IT'S HARD!!!

Like Doctoral Candidates having to interrupt their own progress to tend to Kindergartners....it is hard, and it is required. And so there we are.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This vid is the the aggregated Result of the stuff to which I was able to tune in while I drove across eastern Colorado and western Kansas......I heard all of these songs....

and you know what????? They made me dance in my seat!!! They make you want to dance and forget about whatever......

See? It's a war between morality factions. The competing stations were God-channels.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I really really REALLY like these......this stuff.

That's why I keep picking guys from the down-to-earth group.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I also actually really, really like this "song"!!! All you foes - just give these things a try.....please

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I would never have an abortion, I am not religious or a "christian" in any way, this is just how I feel.

For myself, I am pro-life. Even if raped, I feel I would have to have the child, even if it killed me.

However, as a law, I do not want to push my beliefs on others, I believe they should have the choice.

So even though I am pro-life for myself...I will fight as pro-choice...bc women deserve the choice...without judgment.

Discrimination should not be viewed as a mistake that we should be allowed to make bc for one thing...the bigot does not learn from his mistakes. If you truly believe your views are the better views... how can you learn?

It's tricky territory freedom vs personal convictions.

The law of the land is choice, if not abortion on demand. Changing the law on that is insanely unlikely at this point. That said, if a prolife doctor wants to work as a proliferation doctor, I think they should be free to practice medicine this way and refer out if someone in their care demands it -- not be forced to participate in something they strongly oppose.

The best things for Christians to do to fight abortion are care for unwed mothers and rape victims, adopt more children and do their best to protect life in other ways such as opposing the death penalty, euthanasia and war as much as possible. There was a documentary on Netflix about a man in China who saved abandoned babies. That's how the culture was changed in the past and can be changed again, by giving clear evidence of truly being in favor of life.

Only when people see another, kinder way will they change. Picket signs are never as powerful as personal, positive action.

As for discrimination, that can be a loaded term. Where does freedom of association end and the right of an individual begin? At what point can the state reasonably exert pressure to force a group to do something it doesn't consider beneficial to its members? I really wish the bathroom debate would go away. ( Thanks conservatives, for stirring that pot! Ugh...) It was much better when no one was really giving it a lot of thought and just letting it be.

Edit to add: Regarding "truly believe your views are better" .... Look, everyone has to, at some point settle on some guiding principles and beliefs. There are no exceptions. It's impossible to be human and free from beliefs of one kind or another about you/your place in the world. And odds are, when you believe whatever thing, you won't think that thing is somehow of lesser merit than something else. If you thought it was less worthy you would probably opt for the more worthy thing.

Maturity comes from holding to one's principles while respecting others we disagree with as a result. If I said I think abortion, serial monogamy, and gay marriage are great, I'd be lying to please others while rejecting my principles. ( Do I think people should be free to direct their own lives? Yes. Is is possible for me to agree with every possible direction someone else might take? No.) That strikes me as dishonest and taxing. It's much better, for my sanity at least, to say that I respect you in spite of our differences and try to look for common ground on other points.

edit on 31-7-2016 by SisterDelirium because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's awesome. I appreciate each and every one of the Christians on the internet who say, "Wait - wait...That's not what we believe!" I'm very happy about that!!!

Thanks for your contribution toward Denial of Ignorance.....

after all... that's what we're here to do.

Right? Is it not?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

That's awesome. I appreciate each and every one of the Christians on the internet who say, "Wait - wait...That's not what we believe!" I'm very happy about that!!!

Thanks for your contribution toward Denial of Ignorance.....

after all... that's what we're here to do.

Right? Is it not?

My pleasure.

We all need to be on guard and try to connect back to reality. The more people fight, the more external forces take control over our mental landscape. And I really don't want Trump, Hillary, political group or any random talking head buying up real-estate in my mind.

edit on 31-7-2016 by SisterDelirium because: Typos

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thank you for staying engaged here....

I love country music...
seriously.

I love country boys....seriously.

I have had to figure out where the deep end starts......the part that's over my head.

Because, horses, and suntans, and detassling corn, and fixing up old farmsteads...building fence, and breeding horses, and raising chickens...all of that....

all of it.
Because....
that's what makes our country work.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Just saying. I know no one will care or believe me, but since it's a thread that I authored, I feel free to post what I want.

Love all you guys!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Steve Earle, WOW!

How 'bout Shaver?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We mustn't be Asleep at The Wheel, or work our fingers to the bone, though....

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join