It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
It is

I know. What good are experts if they are not doing what they are experts in? I don't see you destroying anything.

You haven't slaughtered the left. They are still there.

YOURS is activism

Not mine.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

THAT'S funny you still only know YOUR absolutes so you semantiaclly latched onto "slaughter"
as the do all end all..

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No, it's a figure of speech, they are still active in politics. All your fighting hasn't changed anything.

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Woops!! I misspoke. Salina is 175.xx miles west of Kansas City. The NPR signal doesn't go that far. It doesn't even reach Manhattan or Junction City.

sigh

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
OK this thread is NO LONGER ABOUT MY OPINION AND CURRET CONDITIONS.
If you continue to pursue it I will HAVE to ignore you, it's depressing s##t anyway.
it's not about Christianity.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

OK this thread is NO LONGER ABOUT MY OPINION AND CURRET CONDITIONS.

Cav, it was never about you or about that to begin with.

It is about how White Evangelical Christians are responding/reacting to the modern and ongoing political crap.

edit on 7/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They don't HAVE that power any more the pope is a JOKE these days in the US,only Catholics care,it's the opinions of the Christian LAWYERS we have elected .nothing more.
The damn system BEGATS them, all Harvard and RIGHTIOUS..only to murder a base in Nicaragua using OUR troops, to have OLLIE NORTH deflect it legally by taking the rap.
THE COIN DOES have two sides,it's JUST that REPUBLICANS are EXTREMELY GOOD AT SECRETS and better at finding them, and the DEMOCRATS apparently can't keep any.
I HEARD about the above from a man who WAS MY DEAREST friend before he ate a .44.
Christianity STOPS that sort of thing WE all suck at it.
SO NO Christianity isn't the evil, here.
Not enough people CARE about IT either,instead of the ROOT OF ALL EVIL which is MONEY my little Droogies...FOLLOW THAT and YOU will find the culprit EVERY TIME.

edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Catholics are two billion strong. And they are Christians.

Facts. Those two statements, declarative statements, are FACTS.

Catholics are Christians.
There are two billion Catholics.

They used to be really icky, but now they are more chill. And they are Christians. And I think Pope Francis is awesome.

edit on 7/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sorry.
NOT my opinion per say,just a character report on what I am seeing around me.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I have always been a comedian at heart.
Like I said earlier,I just love these types of threads,great for entertaining.
All you need is popcorn,some home baked cookies and something to
drink.
I never take these threads too seriously and I never get upset over them either.
edit on 28-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Demographically ascendant.

Well this is one of the creepier phrases I've heard lately.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

YOU should have seem my IMPROV class...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

you could be right, we ARE very divided.

However, I just call people how I see it. I fight for equal rights and no discrimination.

for example: a cake baker that will not bake a cake for a gay is a bigot, its very obvious, I do not need propaganda or news stations to tell me so.

If fighting for equality and no discrimination divides us, then the part that is left behind to judge and belittle must catch up to the rest of us who want a better country.

Myself and others like myself are not going to go back to bigoted ways nor will we turn a blind eye and ignore it. It should and will be pointed out, and with time, it WILL be corrected and America will be a much better country.

Forcing everyone to be a christian is not the way to make America a better country. That is what fake "christians" want and not only is it bigoted, but extremely ignorant and narrow-minded. That way of thinking is what is corrupting America.

Christianity is a wonderful religion and if you are a true Christian then you probably do not feel threatened at all. You also would be glad to bake a cake for a gay... Thanks to you

edit on 30-7-2016 by veracity because: verbiage and to add

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I have always been a comedian at heart.
Like I said earlier,I just love these types of threads,great for entertaining.
All you need is popcorn,some home baked cookies and something to
drink.
I never take these threads too seriously and I never get upset over them either.

I'm happy for you. So, did you get the Bible-Man dolls and videos for your grandkids?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You should have seen mine!! They were awesome. Improv is my strongest suit for face-to-face humor.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Well this is one of the creepier phrases I've heard lately.

All it means is "There are more of this type now, and their numbers are increasing".

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
RATS. TAGS AREN'T WORKING AGAIN . . . SIGH . . . SO . . . WORKAROUND:

[post]originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
. . .

BEGIN BW QUOTE
“If you look at the details of what that worldview is,. . . the rich above the poor,
END BW QUOTE

NO. Authentic Christianity does not think of ourselves more highly than we ought; considers all brothers and sisters equal before The Cross; seeks others' good over our own; Does unto others as we'd have done unto us.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
employers above employees,
END BW QUOTE

Yes and no--mostly no. Employers are to treat their employees as they'd like to be treated. All must be done as unto Christ--including how employers treat employees. Employees must work as working for Christ--doing all things as unto The Lord.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
adults above children,
END BW QUOTE

Yes & no. Children are to submit. Parents are to avoid provoking children to wrath; to tenderly bond with and nurture and lead each child in the way that child's genetics and personality are designed to go etc. etc. etc. Don't see much of that in or out of the church in our era.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
western culture above non-western culture,
END BW QUOTE

NOPE! NOT AT ALL. Authentic Christians realize that much that goes for Western Christianity is Western culture vs CHRISTIAN. And, that other cultures have much to teach us about the God of The Bible because their cultural experiences and perspectives are much more like those of Biblical times than Western culture is.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
us above everybody else,
END BW QUOTE

NOPE. NOT AT ALL. We are all equal before The Cross. That covers socio-economic differences and cultural differences and geographical differences etc. etc. etc.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
men above women,
END BW QUOTE

Yes and no. Mostly no. The NT is clear that there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female before The Cross, in God's eyes, as fellow believers, human beings etc.

Nevertheless, in the home, when a leadership decision is called for that cannot be made mutually--the man is called to make it.

However, a husband that does NOT LISTEN TO HIS WIFE, will NOT HAVE HIS PRAYERS HEARD BY GOD.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
whites above non-whites,
END BW QUOTE

NOPE. NOT AT ALL. And it was authentic Christians that put an end to slavery. And it was authentic Christian whites (Moravians, IIRC) that sold themselves into slavery deliberately to take the Gospel to distant lands as slaves.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
Christians above non-Christians,
END BW QUOTE

Yes and no. Mostly no. We are all equal before The Cross. Yet, we are to treat fellow believers with some preference over pagans hostile to the Gospel. Yet, we are to lay down our lives for the brothers and sisters--but also--as God leads, for the pagan, neighbor, the hurting, suffering, destitute etc. We are NOT to consider ourselves inherently better than anyone else--nor better in worth because we are believers.

BEGIN BW QUOTE
... That’s part of their moral hierarchy and it follows from one principle: their authority is what’s important, and authority is based on what’s right, and authority must maintain authority, it cannot allow any dissent, period. It’s like a strict father family… It applies to every aspect of life, every issue, and it has to do with the main thing that they want, which is to have their worldview win. It’s win, win, win.”
END BW QUOTE

NOPE.

1. it is not, per se, OUR Authority. It is God's.

2. What's important is HIS will--not our own.

3. God is well able to declare His priorities and fight His battles Himself in geo-politics. We may be included as foot-soldiers in some limited sense but it's clearly God's battle--within individual hearts and among nations.

4. Authentic Christians don't need to be concerned about winning because we have read the end of the Book. We KNOW GOD WINS. His eternal values win. Hands down. No contest.

5. We know that striving in our own strength to win or for any other silly purpose is like pissing against the wind--only leads to futility or worse.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join