It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Catholic is father, mother, and son

That is incorrect...

They are the first trinitarians...

I have a feeling he knows it's incorrect I just think he doesn't care about being factual enough to research it before claiming such bs as true.

Being anti-anything-not-of- his-opinion has led him to make some ridiculous claims. I don't take anything he says seriously because he doesn't ever fact check himself and just spews his opinion like some sort of would be prophet.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

That is incorrect...

Theologians were using the term "Trinitas" 200 years before the Catholic Church existed. And it's not correct, the Catholics call Mary the "Queen of Heaven" (same title Romans for Diana and for Simiramis in Babylon), the "mother of God", co-redemption with Jesus. And they pray to and bow down in worship to Mary.

Catholic trinity is Father, Mary, and Jesus.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

no...

Said trinity is based on Mat 28:19

They just see "divinity" differently

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: deignostian

I'm not the topic here at ATS, nobody is. Read the terms and conditions of the forum and website.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

no...

Said trinity is based on Mat 28:19

They just see "divinity" differently

Oh I know they see it differently, well differently than Christians do, but not different than the Babylonian, Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans did. Same model as all of them, different names. Always a father, mother, and son. (Nimrod, Simiramis, Tammuz)

Nothing is new for the Babylonian mystery religions.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

That is incorrect...

Theologians were using the term "Trinitas" 200 years before the Catholic Church existed. And it's not correct, the Catholics call Mary the "Queen of Heaven" (same title Romans for Diana and for Simiramis in Babylon), the "mother of God", co-redemption with Jesus. And they pray to and bow down in worship to Mary.

Prove it. Quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia and see that you are wrong.

You're making up stuff without researching.

You shot yourself in the foot.

Catholics say "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." after praying. The Holy Spirit can't be Mary AND the Holy Spirit. And obviously isn't.

Stop telling stories it's pretty despicable what you are doing. Lying about the Catholic Church because you don't like them.

This time I am, correctly, calling you a liar and it's a harsh thing to say...but a lie is a lie so it isn't disrespectful of me because I am right.

Nobody sane thinks of Mary as a goddess. Especially since Catholicism is too misogynist to believe in a goddess or make a woman one.

You just never research anything and will say anything false without ever stopping to realize your own [rude word] ity.
edit on 27-7-2016 by deignostian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

lol.. dude why do you separate Catholics from Christians?

You know that "trinity" and "Catholic" both came from around the same era right?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I don't care if you're not the topic when you say ridiculous unsupportable things like that.

You deserve it.

Mary is not in the Trinity but you're saying she is (falsley)and that doesn't make the thread about you it makes my comments about your comments.

Don't tell tall tales and we won't have a problem. Do and I will call you out for it everytime.

In court it is called "you opened the door so I have a right to walk through it."

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Here is what the Catholic Encyclopedia says from Catholic.org:

Catholic Trinity Father, Son, Holy Spirit

Hit the books first next time so you don't get caught spewing garbage.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

That is incorrect...

If anyone wants to see NuT is telling fibs this is what he says.

I have provided a link above from a Catholic website that has the Catholic Encyclopedia on it to PROVE NuT has no concern for facts and will say something without knowing what he is talking about anytime he pleases because facts are a stone in his shoe to be removed for the sake of comfort.

Is he just wrong or lying? I guess the latter because he can't be that misinformed unless he chooses to be.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Idolatry is statue worship even if that statue is Jesus.

Laban said "What have you done to my gods?" When Jacob steals his statues/idols.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You know that "trinity" and "Catholic" both came from around the same era right?

If he does he won't admit it because he would have to acknowledge being wrong and he never does and usually is (wrong) about 25 times a day.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The term "catholic" the the apostolic and ante Nicean fathers used was small C catholic, meaning only "universal". About the 5th century it was used by the State Church of Rome and became big C Catholic.

And I seperate Catholics and Christians because they practice Catholicism, not to mention it was Christians who being martyred and murdered by the RCC in the middle ages.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You really do think you know everything don't you? Don't answer I know you're going to say you don't but you really do.

Problem is you hardly ever do know what you're talking about. Ever hear of humility?

You are arguing about capital letters that didn't exist at the time which makes what you're saying as usual complete bs because you can't ever deal with being wrong about anything ever You totally ignored the fact that I have proven Mary isn't a part of the Trinity in Catholicism so you argue about big C vs little c . Try this:

Say, " You were right, mary is not a part of the Catholic Trinity.''

I guarantee you won't die and might even realize that being wrong is ok if you acknowledge your mistake.

Tedious and meaningless arguments are your m.o. whenever you get busted in fairy tale land.

You are going to be in for a big shock someday when you realize how often you are incorrect and that you so passionately argued the most ridiculous things I have ever heard like the virgin Mary being in the Catholic Trinity.

WTF ever made you imagine that? You are not even Catholic but you know better than 2 billion people who are, re: Catholic theology ?

Who are you captain slander?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The term "catholic" the the apostolic and ante Nicean fathers used was small C catholic, meaning only "universal". About the 5th century it was used by the State Church of Rome and became big C Catholic.

And I seperate Catholics and Christians because they practice Catholicism, not to mention it was Christians who being martyred and murdered by the RCC in the middle ages.

More bs? The RCC are THE Christian Church and every Protestant denomination are pretenders using another's religious texts as their own and claiming to be ''the 'true' church" without any truth because NO Christian Church is true.

They are all pagan/polytheist undercover and say the same about Catholicism when at least Catholicism has some ancient heritage and Luther was pretty much a disgruntled employee not a great reformer.

Christianity and Catholicism, whatever their differences, are both fake Jesus movements run by two bit nimrods who believe in ridiculous concepts that Jesus didn't.

Obe true Church existed called either "the Way" or the Nazarenes and Paul was their enemy when he was alive. If you were so smart you'd have figured this out already but smart is not important as pretending to be one of the "chosen ones" to you.

You are just the absolute epitome of "that guy" and remind me of a JW or another equally fraudulent cult.

Christianity is a death cult.

You believe that you can profit off of a man's murder by saying you believe it was for your sins despite the Bible saying that is what Baptism is for. And NOT day Baptists, Nazarenes. The only true Jesus movement that was deemed a heresy, the Nazarenes were persecuted for rejecting Paul and they were the first and only churches of Yesha the Nazarene. Other pre-nicene sub sects existed that were also eradicated because they had legitimacy and the RCC or its early version didn't.

Enter Paul.

History...learn it...or stop telling tales that go beyond faith and venture towards insanity. Wanting to know is good, pretending to is not.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You are arguing about capital letters that didn't exist at the time which makes what you're saying as usual complete bs because you can't ever deal with being wrong about anything ever You totally ignored the fact that I have proven Mary isn't a part of the Trinity in Catholicism so you argue about big C vs little c .

In the era of the apostolic and ante Nicean fathers (2nd -4th centuries AD) the Roman Catholic Church wasn't in existence. Because of that fact, the early writers when they said "catholic" were saying "the universal church, body of believers, the ekklesia". There wasn't a Roman Catholic Church for them to even be referring to. The RCC was born when Christianity was made the State religion of the Roman Empire under Theodosius I when he gave the Edict of Thessolinica in 380 AD.

catholic - Free Dictionary

edit on 7 27 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I would say you missed the mark on that one which surprised me as you usually aren't incorrect in your comments.

Why the deviance from your normal spot on information?

My signature pretty much explains the deviance.

But seriously. You have pitted Revelation(unknown authorship) and Acts(unknown authorship) against a reasonably verified NT author. Even a Gospel only person would easily be able to produce:

Mark 7:14He called all the multitude to himself, and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand. 15There is nothing from outside of the man, that going into him can defile him; but the things which proceed out of the man are those that defile the man. 16If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!"

17When he had entered into a house away from the multitude, his disciples asked him about the parable. 18He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Don't you perceive that whatever goes into the man from outside can't defile him, 19because it doesn't go into his heart, but into his stomach, then into the latrine, thus purifying all foods?"

When I was younger I met very many missionaries who had been to places where primitive animism was the accepted worldview. These missionaries told tales of some very non-Western dishes that they had eaten, even to the extent that those dishes had been part of a ritual ceremony. Their monotheistic minds and hearts were not defiled. They did not become enemies of the Christian deity by eating food.

The story from scripture that they most held in their minds at the time was this:

2 Kings 5:15He returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him; and he said, "See now, I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel. Now therefore, please take a gift from your servant." 16But he said, "As Yahweh lives, before whom I stand, I will receive none." He urged him to take it; but he refused. 17Naaman said, "If not, then, please let there be given to your servant two mules' burden of earth; for your servant will from now on offer neither burnt offering nor sacrifice to other gods, but to Yahweh. 18In this thing may Yahweh pardon your servan: when my master goes into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon. When I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, may Yahweh pardon your servant in this thing." 19He said to him, "Go in peace."

Actually that whole chapter is pretty funny, how the King of Syria first sends a letter to the King of Israel to have his Chief Captain healed of leprosy.

But anyway, if eating can't defile the monotheist than neither can wearing a cross or fish as an emblem of group solidarity (in my opinion).

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: MrBlaq
It helps if you read it in context. Look at the verses before and after. What is god talking about?
Exodus 20

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them...

That pretty much nails it, as it does answer the question. You shall not have a God of crosses or a God of whatever and bow down and worship it, as if it is a 'real' living God. Simply put a christian who has a cross symbol on a picture or on his bible are not worshiping the 'image' itself as if it is GOD. But are reminders at times of not to forget about the ONE true GOD.

This is not what testifies to a Christian's heart. Christians pray to the FATHER and to the SON because they are ONE and ONE HOLY SPIRIT. The cross image/symbol is just a reminder of what took place on that day where my LORD and Savior died for me, in order for me to be saved.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Created

That pretty much nails it, as it does answer the question. You shall not have a God of crosses or a God of whatever and bow down and worship it, as if it is a 'real' living God. Simply put a christian who has a cross symbol on a picture or on his bible are not worshiping the 'image' itself as if it is GOD. But are reminders at times of not to forget about the ONE true GOD. This is not what testifies to a Christian's heart. Christians pray to the FATHER and to the SON because they are ONE and ONE HOLY SPIRIT. The cross image/symbol is just a reminder of what took place on that day where my LORD and Savior died for me, in order for me to be saved. Hope this helps.

In my understanding Christ has only established 2 components to help
His followers remember Him. They are Communion and the Spirit of God.

Everything else is man-made nonsense that has led to Idolatry.
For proof just visit any Catholic or Lutheran Church in your area
and watch the behavior and practice of the Ministers and laity.
It's pretty obvious with those eyes to see.

Then visit a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in your area, if you
can't discern that what these people are practicing is outright
idolatry, it's simply because you're a part of it and your eyes
are still blind.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
a reply to: Created

That pretty much nails it, as it does answer the question. You shall not have a God of crosses or a God of whatever and bow down and worship it, as if it is a 'real' living God. Simply put a christian who has a cross symbol on a picture or on his bible are not worshiping the 'image' itself as if it is GOD. But are reminders at times of not to forget about the ONE true GOD. This is not what testifies to a Christian's heart. Christians pray to the FATHER and to the SON because they are ONE and ONE HOLY SPIRIT. The cross image/symbol is just a reminder of what took place on that day where my LORD and Savior died for me, in order for me to be saved. Hope this helps.

In my understanding Christ has only established 2 components to help
His followers remember Him. They are Communion and the Spirit of God.

Everything else is man-made nonsense that has led to Idolatry.
For proof just visit any Catholic or Lutheran Church in your area
and watch the behavior and practice of the Ministers and laity.
It's pretty obvious with those eyes to see.

Then visit a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in your area, if you
can't discern that what these people are practicing is outright
idolatry, it's simply because you're a part of it and your eyes
are still blind.

Then what my GOD himself did is also nonsense to you. For GOD told them to and those that look at it were healed.

Numbers 21:8
And the LORD said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.”

If God alone commanded them to make an image to heal, when looked upon. How then you say Christians worship crosses, as it seems not to be the case.

Now with that stated later on down the line, the chosen people of GOD started to actually worship that serpent image and did not simply treat it as a 'reminder' of what the TRUE GOD did for them with it. So it was destroyed later on because it was worshiped as a GOD.

But that is the key distinction that you are not understanding.

edit on 27-7-2016 by Created because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join