It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
a reply to: schuyler

Irrelevant. To me you are making zero sense. First you ask if Christ would rebuke Christians. Now you're telling us he relayed God's teachings. You're not even addressing your own issue here. If you can't even stay on your own topic, there's no point in discussing this non-issue. You asked if Christ would rebuke Christians. I'm saying he wasn't around to do that, so your questions is simply rhetorical and inherently unanswerable.

Your perspective would leave men to continue in idolatry, in light of
Christ returning to judge men, that Sir is the opposite of love.

Oh, BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I refer to God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost as in the trinity. All three are God, and all the same being. Seperate yet at the same time one. Jesus told us when he leaves us he would send the comforter also known as the Holy Ghost. He did that in Acts.

I know some things are hard to wrap ones head around. At the same time all things are possible with God. Nothing is impossible for God. God would not be God if He couldn't do anything and everything.

edit on 26/7/2016 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

Yes I do know the mantra of what's taught as a coequal, coeternal, consubstantial, one-substance
God in three distinct persons of the Godhead. Especially since I use to preach it.

But the Father led me out of Christiandom and the mother of harlots
Roman Catholic paradigm where that falsehood was spawned.

I wish you well.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I think you are grasping at straws, and here's why.

The word in Strong's Concordance that you would be looking for to provide a sense of rebuke would be one of these in the original Greek versions of those two texts you just mentioned.

Instead, if you look them up in Strong's online, both use the word krino:

www.blueletterbible.org...

www.blueletterbible.org...

If you tab on the link provided after the word judge in both links, you get this:

κρίνω krínō, kree'-no; properly, to distinguish, i.e. decide (mentally or judicially); by implication, to try, condemn, punish:—avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, determine, esteem, judge, go to (sue at the) law, ordain, call in question, sentence to, think.

This is different although you might choose to see it that way. The implication here is the final judgment of the soul all must face.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you ketsuko

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thanks. I originally came out of the Roman Catholic church. Now a Christian. I guess it is easiest for me to talk about God that way. Your right God isn't really three distinct people. I do believe while Jesus was here on Earth he was also in Heaven. I do believe He sent His spirit to us after He was crucified for our sins. God Bless.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

I mean how we behave towards others.

That's already been exemplified by the teachings and life of
the Son of God. But good luck trying to accomplish that
without Him.

Well he did set the example to follow, the beatitudes and others. Follow the example, not the man.
edit on 26-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you ketsuko

But before you thank me, consider that this is judgment after death, not rebuke in life and not all of the connotations of judgment are bad. All are judged too, righteous and unrighteous alike, so there cannot be a consistently negative connotation to it.

Judgment is hard for all because all are sinners and will have to face hard things about themselves and their life, but through Christ we may be forgiven and reconciled to God too.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If Christ rebuked the Pharisees for transgressing the commandment of God by their tradition, what's to stop Christ from rebuking Christians who transgress God's commandment through their tradition of using graven images? Such as a cross, or fish amulets, etc etc.

Not a thing. He might even be miffed about people celebrating Nimrod's birthday as his and Ishtar or Easter as having anything to do with him.

Exod 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Matt 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

It's possible Christians have received a revelation that idolatry is no more a sin with God.

Paul didn't seem to mind Idolatry as he said people who wouldn't eat meat because it was sacrificed to an idol are "spiritually weak." Even though Jesus said it was an abomination.

I guess Paul finds Jesus to be spiritually weak. Odd stance for a so called (and self appointed) apostle.

That proves that Paul lied about being a prophet.

F Paul the traitor and every word he ever said or wrote.
edit on 26-7-2016 by deignostian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
by spirit.....I mean entity....the Holy Spirit

Jesus put it on the line there, calling them false to their faces....false because of their relationships with others, trying to put the lowly others beneath oneself.
and they had this tradition of cheating with money and saying it's a gift for later or something along those lines....

The old unholy Power pyramid system. Humanity have not learned to move beyond that one yet.

And if Yeshua was followed instead of Paul:s submit to the church for the church is between you and the spiritual realm then the world might look very different.
edit on 26-7-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deignostian

Paul deviate from the golden rule to much for me to consider him an anointed One much less a prophet. The logical part is not there from my point of view. If he was extra aware and infused with energy then it did not take to level of logical awareness. To little energy to push both the creative side and the logical side.

But then that might be a limitation of the human body. Need more data to know.

A Quantum field measuring device is needed, that can handle measuring a body on quantum scale including all entanglement in real time and store the information, to see how the experience was manifested in 3D+1T.

A before and after measurement from a person going thru the amagydala fear overload would be very informative on how the human body changes.

I have a feeling I am a couple of hundred years to early to get the precision I want to examine 3D+1T at.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I agree as far as I can understand what you said.

I am not educated in science I more enjoy philosophy and scriptures of faiths.

I didn't even know you could detect quantum feilds, I actually don't know what it really is to be honest. I understand it a little but I am going to make a point of educating myself if you got any good sources I'd like to know.

You don't have to make a link if you want to just recommend a website that'd be great.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It's a matter of the heart, the graven image in Exodus is an idol, example: the golden calf in the wilderness. Anything can be an idol if a person cares about it over God, prays to it thinking it hears and answers the prayers, or offers worship to it. Money can be an idol, sex can be, materialism, any number of things. It's always about the condition of the heart, now with that said, I do think stone statues of apostles, church fathers, Mary, or angels is getting pretty close to idolatry, I've actually seen Catholics kneeling before statues of Mary and praying to her.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yes I do know the mantra of what's taught as a coequal, coeternal, consubstantial, one-substance
God in three distinct persons of the Godhead. Especially since I use to preach it.

I wish you well.

Who taught you Catholicism invented the Trinity? The Roman Catholic Church didn't even exist till the very end of the 4th century AD after the Edict of Thessolinica, more into the 5th century AD. So you have a problem, Tertuillian was using the word "Trinitas" as a Theological concept in the early 2nd century, 200 years before the Roman Catholic Church existed.

I will give you that the RCC sold people a FALSE Trinity, a Babylonian model trinity of father, son, and mother. (Nimrod, Tammuz, Simiriamis). But just because Satan has a counterfeit, doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate, in fact, the reason there is a counterfeit IS BECAUSE there pre-existed the legitimate.

Nobody when they are counterfeiting a $100 bill tries to make it triangle shaped and red.
edit on 7 26 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I wish you well.

Who taught you Catholicism invented the Trinity?

It certainly is not a Biblical teaching. The word trinity doesn't appear once and it was the Catholic Church that accepted this as a result of the influence of the Egyptian Christians. It's model is Osiris/Isis/Horus and the trinity in the movement Jesus started was unthinkable.

Not so for chronically polytheistic Egypt and Rome. Catholicism is and always has been secretly pagan and polytheistic.

Trinity=polytheism 3 is tri and 1 is mono so tritheism is what Christianity is though they won't admit it.

The Roman Catholic Church didn't even exist till the very end of the 4th century AD after the Edict of Thessolinica, more into the 5th century AD. So you have a problem, Tertuillian was using the word "Trinitas" as a Theological concept in the early 2nd century, 200 years before the Roman Catholic Church existed.

Splitting hairs is all this remark is. If the Catholic Church was a true church of Jesus then it existed since Jesus.

If they were not and are not the true Church then Christianity isn't either the true religion, being based off (a knockoff) Catholicism.

I will give you that the RCC sold people a FALSE Trinity,

And you bought it.

a Babylonian model Trinity of father, son, and mother. (Nimrod, Tammuz, Simiriamis). But just because Satan has a counterfeit, doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate, in fact, the reason there is a counterfeit IS BECAUSE there pre-existed the legitimate.

Nobody when they are counterfeiting a $100 bill tries to make it triangle shaped and red.

The Trinity is polytheism just like Babylon and Catholicism invented the Christian trinity that you claim is God and is the same Father, Son and Spirit trinity every Christian Church has.

Unless Jesus IS Horus/Tammuz then Catholicism gave Christianity the Trinity.

Protestant churches have the same trinity as Orthodox and Catholic churches. And so do non denominational churches.

Do you not know that were it not for Catholicism you would not have Christianity?

Same with the Trinity. Catholic bashing might be fun but they are the reason you have a Bible so...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

My first teacher was the doctrines of men,
the following should disclose my second teacher.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all TAUGHT of God. Every man therefore that HATH HEARD, and HATH LEARNED of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45

But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been TAUGHT BY HIM, as the truth is in Jesus: Eph 4:20-21

Thankfully the last is now first -smiles-

edit on 7/26/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: deignostian

It certainly is not a Biblical teaching. The word trinity doesn't appear once and it was the Catholic Church that accepted this as a result of the influence of the Egyptian Christians. It's model is Osiris/Isis/Horus and the trinity in the movement Jesus started was unthinkable.

I just said above in my post that the RCC is responsible for presenting a false trinity of a father, mother, and son type, it's from Nimrod, Simiriamis and Tammuz. Catholic Trinity is Father, Son, and Mary. With that said, Tertuillian was using "Trinitas" as a theological concept for what Paul calls the "Godhead" in the NT in the early half of the 2nd century AD, that's 2 centuries before the RCC existed.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You didn't even address my post. Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, and Jim Jones said they had special revelation too.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

When the Apostles Paul, James and John spoke of Christ, how did the Disciples KNOW that what they spoke was truth vs your 'but that's not Christ speaking; it's someone's interpretation'

At times they did not know even as at times the Apostles did not know themselves. Were not all of the Apostles dead, except John, before Jesus gave the Revelations to John? Most all went to their death without realizing that there were three gatherings or harvesting of the justified souls instead of just one resurrection. James instituted the gifts of the Holy Spirit to the Nazarene first congregation for their understanding and well being. Those gifts of the Holy Father were given for the very purpose that you questioned. In the mouth of three witnesses

2Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. One must try the spirits.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

You didn't even address my post. Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, and Jim Jones said they had special revelation too.

The Lord Yahushua is a much better teacher
than I, I'll let Him instruct you.

Stay blessed NOTurTypical

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join