It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you I will update. Right now I am cooking ahi tuna for dinner. I am really hungry.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A grand hug.
Please Star and Flag this person

originally posted by: ClownFish

I am sure that 99.9% of the readers have quit reading this after the first paragraph....

Thank You. I read every word of every post.As I hope we all did.
I am so hungry for substance and you provided that in your response.
Your writing is eloquent and personal, you gave your time and your heart. I applaud you.

I have a B12 deficiency (neurological effects) that will eventually will turn me in to a veggie now that I can't afford my shots. But I am determined to solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

WIS, I read every word too!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh I indeed read every word of every post. I was so proud to see such an out pouring of love and understanding, of insight and wisdom, of eloquence, of courage and strength.

Eat foods that have that vitamin in it Wis. Try to get assistance with your medical so you can afford your shots. Why can't you take the over the counter vitamin? Much love to you my dear friend!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
First I want to grumble, then I will go get caught up. LOL

So, I have managed to crash 2 laptops so far this evening. Right now I am on a dinosaur that I swear was Bill Gates beta model. LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ohh dear - I recognize both of those screens. You know that it's trying to update Windows, right? In my case, I had to leave the laptops on for days to even get past the message.

In addition to this, good luck using the repair tools - they don't work, even on a fresh disk from MSDN.

Have you considered keeping a laptop around with some flavor of Linux on it? My secondary is a beast of a machine (6th gen i7, running the beta for Linux Mint 18), and it hasn't failed me yet. Perfect for doing things on ATS

And, Hi Everyone!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You crashed two computers in one night? How the hell did you manage that? You sure it wasn't the pesky pixies?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Hello Foss my little buddy! I have windows 10 and no problems.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hello! Long time never catch!

I've got Windows 10 and haven't had any since I turned off the Updates. It's not hard to crash it though; Martin's going to be in a rough ride with those screens, (it's known as an "infinite spinner" error, which is where the OS is failing to give you an error message).

I wonder if those PC's were "free" upgrades? My problem (which matches the laptops) happened because the upgrade to Windows 10 didn't work; Had to start from scratch, despite my attempts to do otherwise

edit on 20/7/2016 by fossilera because: manners!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They are cloned machines. I did have the updates turned off but maybe time ran out??? It is forcing 14393 on both of them. Grrrr..Well I got one to go back, we shall see about the next...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Hmm, cloned? Maybe the currently not-working one is having a problem with the hardware itself? I do know that Windows 10 doesn't seem to like it if you swap the hardrives around. I'm a techie, but not this kind of techie.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
They both came back so I guess I pushed the magic key combination. LOL

We have an OS image we use at work that has all of our programs installed. We reinstall windows as soon as we get it in to get rid of all the extras and lock downs.

Guys I'm beat. I think I am actually going to try and go to bed at a decent hour tonight. Yeah right, see ya later. LOL

edit on 7/20/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75sweet dreams Marty

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Goodnight Jess!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The designs in the posts of the dragons are awesome, not to mention the well crafted writing by the posters, i hope these threads continue, i love the shed posts.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was looking for my watch and snapped a pic of the top shef in my closet. There is an old glass coffee swivel style server. Its very old, and a small portion of my tea cup collection ( Q says Im a hoarder) and my silver spoon collection. The faerie on the toadstool was a gift from an online girlfriend in Aus. She was a ballet dancer and instructor, with blonde hair and very very light complexion. I lost her to cancer. Those are her earings om the faerie. Anyway... Both of my sisters sent me antique teacups, so there are a bunch not pictured. The lamp is an antique Alladin

and here is the watch. It is sterling, except for the workings

I see one hand has fallen off

It has an alarm ringer that is pretty loud

Ill tell the story later. I have to work tomorrow and its close to bedtime
edit on 20-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
by the way, the watch is big, my hands arent that small as they appear in the pic, as you can see in my avatar

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DersonFed
The designs in the posts of the dragons are awesome, not to mention the well crafted writing by the posters, i hope these threads continue, i love the shed posts.

Oh that is so sweet of you to say! I just love hearing things like this! Thank you so much and keep coming back!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Rider, I love antiques and have some myself. Thank you so much for sharing the great pics! Fabulous collection you have!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Wow. No one has ever said star and flag to me. That was very kind. And now I might tempt you to take them back, but it would be a pleasure and well worth it if I can hold up a mirror for you.

Have you read that sentence in green at the bottom of your posts? Even the idea of you slowly turning into a vegetable is absurd. Don't ever accept that type of defeat or you have already lost. You are here for a purpose and I doubt that this purpose is to be a challenge to a chef! You recognize and know yourself to be a person of substance. That is a much better description. Please don't let another nanosecond go by with such expectations of being a vegetable to be planted in your mind, pardon the pun. Stop such negative thoughts immediately!

If you don't mind my asking, what is this deficiency? I will join you in your determination to solve this problem. Just bring a sense of humor and you might want to keep me out of your Kitchen, or at least take the screens off of your Windows!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join