It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They're saying one is dead and two at large? Or at least one suspect at large...

link   

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: introvert

How can I forget our dear introvert, see no evil hear no evil, is ok, my dear fellow member sometimes propaganda also works on those that can never differentiate crap even if its full of flies and stinky.

We have very few facts yet. Why don't we wait to see what happens before we jump to conclusions. Also, they are not going to come for our firearms.

link   

Public Service Announcement

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Please discuss the unfolding events.
That needs to be done withOUT rudeness, baiting, bickering and otherwise ill-mannered posts....You are responsible for your own posts.
Those who continue down the path of derailment may face posting bans.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

IOW....Be the Change You Wish To See

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: neo96

They're saying one is dead and two at large? Or at least one suspect at large...

I been watching WAFB,

1 suspect was dead reported earlier.

2 suspects still at large.

www.wafb.com...

Just finally clicked on other sources.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: HeyAHuman

Well, what are your thoughts?

This is a bad, bad deal. When I have more facts, I can comment further.

To trust that the "leadership" will fix these problems for us?

Depends on which leaders you are talking about.

That we need gun control?

No.

link   
So if this was indeed an ambush as in call the cops, cops come, assholes shoot cops, then I'm very worried the trend will continue. It's like shooting fish in a barrel until the cops just stop coming.

This is a very simple and sadly I think effective tactic and I don't want to see it catch on.

This is bad for everyone. It's bad for the cops, it's bad for black people, it's bad for people reporting crimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One suspect dead the other contained..SWAT situation.

One officer critical.

Car with TX plates is mentioned again and they showed it.

a reply to: Domo1

Yeah seems so. Trap.

edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Let's see how many people oppose stricter gun laws because if the actions of a few while still wanting to profile all Muslims. Not saying either one is right it's just ironic how those two narratives are seemingly being played against each other.

These coordinated events are only happening to pit brother against brother and sister against sister. It's sickening the lengths those in power will go to to divide us.

This isn't about black people or cops, it's about further dividing the country down racial and political lines. Wake up people.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this. It's been a sad year for the world so far.
edit on 7/17/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
So very very heartbreaking.

Someone needs to stand up loud and proud and tell folks this isn't the way to fight. Taking innocent lives to avenge others taking lives doesn't fix the problem... it only escalates and compounds the problem... and makes you exactly what you claim to hate. Someone has got to stand up and offer a better way for everyone.

But Obama ain't going to do it... Trump ain't going to do it... BLM ain't going to do it... and the police fraternities and unions ain't going to do it....

God love and bless the officers in Baton Rouge and everywhere. God help us all -- no exceptions.

Many people have, and continue to do so, but just like on this message board, the hatred always garners the most attention.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Someone in either this thread or another one from the area was mentioning that things were fine until outsiders started coming in to protest.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
A forth officer has died. reddit.com

Basically slaughtered for responding to a call for help. That just ain't right, under any circumstance

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hearing 4 dead now.... WTF

link   
a reply to: Snarl

The more cops gets targeted under any type of reasons things will change dramatically, we can not have anarchy cop killers in our roads with guns.

This will be the biggest excuse for the government, it only takes one spark to start a fire, specially when for decades we have been told how bad cops are and how corrupted.

Only those that can not see crap for what it is will find excuses for cops killers.

How many times Black lives matter have come out and tell people to stop violent acts against cops?

Perhaps this incidents can fall on home grown terrorism.

edit on 17-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
The horrible thing about this is that the extremists from all groups are loving this. BLM supporters are tweeting out absolutely vile things and so are the Muslim extremists. I see a partnership coming soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Local news is NOT confirming 4 dead. Three dead, two in critical, one in fair condition.

Press conference soon. WAFB is working on getting it live.

Local chief, state police, and governor to speak, I think
edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It will all matter who the shooter is, and, if there were more this is a very active situation. People who attack the police are not afraid to die in this situation. I only hope that this is all the loss from this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join