It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is a someone video taping their desktop of a FB video.. These people were right there when it started..
There is swearing

edit on 17-7-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sky news say 3 dead, 3 injured, 1 of those critical.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: crazyewok

We can discuss the systemic issues that have lead to the place we are at in a different thread.

Slightly over 1% of all police-public encounters involve any force. Not lethal force, but ANY force. Over 85% of people who made a call for service report being satisfied with the police response, and that number doesn't vary more than a percentage point or two across racial lines. Nine out of ten people who made a call for service are just as likely or more likely to call the police when they need help again.

But if you want to take the literal handful of questionable or bad shootings and declare them to be representative of policing in the US as a whole, that's your own logical fallacy. Facts don't support it.

As I said there is more to it than stats.

It a public image problem.

If there wasn't a problem with police then there wouldn't be shootings like this.

UK blacks are not attacking UK police. Nor are blacks in most other white country's.

How is it that you think you know about the troubles here? Facebook? Huff post? You can't believe all you read in the yellow press and you can't believe anything you see on our big news stations.
Have you been to Baton Rouge? If you had, you would love the local PD and keep them on speed dial.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I am glad you can see what I'm been seen since the beginning, you know what worries me the most, that for those behind the agendas of pushing for the killing of cops have no conscience on how many innocent people die as long as the ending meets the desirable result.

But what can I say, people are been killed everyday for all kind of agendas, we are just expendable.

A way to destroy strong nations if from within, wreaking their unity.

edit on 17-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say. This incident, and the others like it, are the makings of a tragedy. Does the demographic that is responsible for these recent incidents feel soalientated from the processes that allow change in society that they feel that slaughter is their only recourse? And if so, then why? If not then they are despicable.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Damn. Sometimes I wish I still drank.

link   
Press conference soon. WAFB is working on getting it live.

Local chief, state police, and governor to speak. I think they're all at the hospital.
edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Someone in either this thread or another one from the area was mentioning that things were fine until outsiders started coming in to protest.

Baton Rouge proves what people were saying about Dallas.

It wasn't a 'lone,deranged' gunman, but a coordinated attack.

Exact same modus operandi.
edit on 17-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
So if this was indeed an ambush as in call the cops, cops come, assholes shoot cops, then I'm very worried the trend will continue. It's like shooting fish in a barrel until the cops just stop coming.

No kidding.

I remember back in the 50s when the position of LEO was respected. I honestly miss that.

Now watch me be attacked for being a cop supporter.

link   
a reply to: misfit312

I don't understand risking your life for crappy quality video. I would be so deep in the turbo if I had kids with me. It's not like I'm going to be able to help.

link   
The last time I checked police officers were still human beings so with that in mind.

R.I.P.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Anon on Twitter "shooter has been identified as Sam Hyde #BatonRouge"

Using an app so can't link to it, has a picture of a white guy with glasses.

Edit: Hoax name, ignore.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

Stop posting off topic posts.

The topic of this post is the breaking events.

NOT ANYTHING ELSE!

If you want to talk about or speculate about who is responsible and politics/social issues START A NEW THREAD ON THAT!

Those that continue will have their posts removed and we will just Post Ban you....with no clear time of when you get off that post ban.

CEASE the Off Topic postings NOW!

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
2 in custody.

Don't know who they are yet.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
It wasn't a 'lone,deranged' gunman, but a coordinated attack.

Exact same modus operandi.

Exactly, this no random and the timing is just right, this is a lot of planning and execution we will find soon enough what it all means.

Now is not longer "black lives matter" but cop killing, the first one is just the spark the second one is the fire that will burn for a long, long time.

Cop killing makes more head line news than anything else
edit on 17-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Anon on Twitter "shooter has been identified as Sam Hyde #BatonRouge"

Using an app so can't link to it, has a picture of a white guy with glasses.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The thing that weirds me out about that is that it seems like cops were WAY freaking worse back then, to black people anyway. I mean you see video of protesters getting ripped to shreds by dogs and beaten mercilessly and sprayed with fire hoses and now a cop nudges someone and it's police brutality. Of course there are still problems, but they seem to pale in comparison to what went on back in the day.

I really think social media and all these phones are a mixed blessing. On the one hand it helps for legit cases of abuse, on the other everyone posts a bunch of crap and gets super riled up before there's any info out (*cough me in this thread).

link   

originally posted by: misfit312
This is a someone video taping their desktop of a FB video.. These people were right there when it started..
There is swearing

The audio is more telling to me. Listen to the firearm exchange while he is allegedly near the car of the person recording.

Very rapid shots coming from what I assume is a semi-auto firearm.

This person may of had some sort of training.

link   
dbbl post.

edit on 7 17 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
More on that car with TX plates. Video of it being towed away.

They also said that they're still looking for two people.
edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join