It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
If Black people put half of their Anti-Police protest efforts into protesting the gangs that are slaughtering Black people in practical droves, there would be real change. Some quiet little invite only political event is not going to have the same effect on that violent crime as the protests they launch against the police. They literally burned city blocks down because of Michael Brown when it turned out, according to Eric #ing Holder that Wilson acted entirely appropriately, but where were those same assholes when that 10 year old was #ing murdered because his father was in an opposing gang? They were deafeningly quiet. Why weren't they blocking highways in memory of this kid? Why weren't they going to known gang houses and burning them down like the black owned businesses they did in Ferguson?

When they start doing THAT. I will be more apt to support them. Unfortunately, I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah. .you just move those goalposts.

BLACK DON'T PROTEST BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE!!!

..yes they do..look:

Well, it's a quiet, invite only event. THEY SHOULD DO IT PROPERLY!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

That's exactly what I was talking about, we cannot deny there is such a thing as racial profiling which only focuses on skin colour, nothing else.

No, we cannot. I always figured there were a few racists in law enforcement, and for the most part, and for too long, I blamed them. To think it's commanded from the top though??? Wow.

And this has to be resolved by everybody, not just the black communities.

Yes. Yes, it does have to be resolved by everybody. I'd like to think that folks would stand up because it's the right thing to do no matter what color someone's skin is. I'd like to believe that folks would put more value on life period. And our rights.

I guess I'd like to believe a lot of things...

This is an excellent thread!

Thanks
I'm very happy that it seems to have inspired a couple others as well and that makes it the best thread I've ever done.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It's been proven over and over again. You don't have to give people hand outs, but when you give people access to education, and jobs and better economic conditions you reduce crime. That has always been true of every and any ethnic group or any minority. You should do some research. Not sure how you aren't aware of this?

True:

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Report database, in 2010 58.6% of reported hate crime offenders were white (including Hispanics), 18.4% of offenders were black, 8.9% were of individuals of multiple races and 1% of offenders were Native Americans. The report also reveals that 48% of all hate crime offenders were motivated by the victim's race, while 18% were based on the victim's religion, and another 18% were based on the victim's sexual orientation. The report states that among hate crime offenses motivated by race, 70% were composed of anti-black bias, while 17.7% were of anti-white bias, and 5% were of anti-Asian or Pacific Islander bias. While there is a correlation between blacks and Hispanics and crime, the data imply a much stronger tie between poverty and crime than crime and any racial group, when gender is taken into consideration. The direct correlation between crime and class, when factoring for race alone, is relatively weak. When gender, and familial history are factored, class correlates more strongly with crime than race or ethnicity. Studies indicate that areas with low socioeconomic status may have the greatest correlation of crime with young and adult males, regardless of racial composition.

Source

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea I often make the argument made in the title here, and found this to be very informative. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

In the real world, you have about the same chance as getting struck by a lightning bolt as you do having a cop tell you to put your hands in the air, putting them in the air, and then getting shot by a cop....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Boadicea I often make the argument made in the title here, and found this to be very informative. Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome -- and thank you for reading! Even more important, thank you for having an open mind and heart to the truth.

Just remember: There's a reason you didn't know before... someone(s) doesn't want you and me to know this. They much prefer we hate and blame and fight each other. Those who hide the truth are the ones with much to hide.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

In the real world, you have about the same chance as getting struck by a lightning bolt as you do having a cop tell you to put your hands in the air, putting them in the air, and then getting shot by a cop....

A2D

Not true, in the real world an American is ten times more likely to be killed by a cop before being killed by a terrorist.

Number of American civilians who died worldwide in terrorist attacks last year: 8 — Minimum number who died after being struck by lightning: 29.

What's that tell us?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
What exactly are they doing? It only gets worse and worse every year not better. And then of course there is the media attention. Black people are in much more Danger from other black people then they are cops. It's not even close.

Strange to see you in any topic that contradicts your view, spewing LIES and manipulative BOGUS BULL#! It gets worse every year? Is that why every police department in America claims violence is going down year after year? Stop making up lies, start talking facts and proving your point.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Black people DO protest against Black-on-Black crime. But unfortunately, there's no leverage. The movie ChiRaq had Black women telling their boyfriends "No Peace? No Puzzy!" It worked for awhile.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Black people DO protest against Black-on-Black crime. But unfortunately, there's no leverage. The movie ChiRaq had Black women telling their boyfriends "No Peace? No Puzzy!" It worked for awhile.

You're right -- and I hope you read the OP so you know I wasn't saying otherwise. That was just the title of the article I sourced for the OP.

I actually did a thread in ChiRaq as well -- didn't get much attention though

‘Chi-Raq’ Star Angela Bassett on Chicago Gun Violence: ‘It’s Shameful’

Personally, I thought the women were brilliant for defining their terms and taking their stand!!! (But I'm a woman, so I might be a little biased)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

A2D

It doesnt matter (whether what you said or right or wrong). It should NEVER happen. Ah...i give up. You are right. The police treat black people the same as white people. Well done

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

they do

Same with the Muslim leaders.

The one thing you can take from all this IF you don't have your head up your @ss is:
The GOP,DNC,MSM have the same agenda which is to keep us all fighting among ourselves , while the lobbyist rob us blind.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Same with the Muslim leaders.

Yes! They sure do!!! They also condemn terrorist acts and do what they can for the victims.

The one thing you can take from all this IF you don't have your head up your @ss is:
The GOP,DNC,MSM have the same agenda which is to keep us all fighting among ourselves , while the lobbyist rob us blind.

Damn right!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

A2D

Oh, ok. Cool, so we can ignore all the black men who have been killed by racist thug police since it doesnt happen that often. Thats good to know. Im sure their families and the black communities in general will be happy to hear that.

Do you not see thats its easy for you to day that since you are not in the minority that is being targeted by police?

This attitude you are diplaying is the reason BLM exists. Clap clap clap

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

You are comparing those KILLED by lightning....not those STRUCK by lightning....I'll fix it for you...

Number of American civilians who died worldwide in terrorist attacks last year: 8 —
Number of Americans reportedly struck/injured by lightning annually: 234(Average number calculated based on data from 2004-2013)

Using the statistics available, it's shown that police killed at least 102 unarmed black people in 2015...less than half the amount of people who reported being struck or injured by lightning....

So again, you're more likely to be struck by lightning than you are of being killed by a cop in America....unless of course you refuse to comply....

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Did I say we should dismiss it? Absolutely not...I'm merely pointing out the massive overexaggeration of the issue....it is not as prominent as the MSM would have you think it is....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's painfully obvious that a lot of people here have never been in a ghetto or urban lifestyle environment. They are generally small size apartments in overcrowded neighborhoods. Everyone knows everyone, and their buisness. If they really wanted violence to end, they know exactly who to get rid of. The more quickly you figure that out, the quicker you learn that most of them don't give a damn till it's their kid that's dead. Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
It's painfully obvious that a lot of people here have never been in a ghetto or urban lifestyle environment.

Speaking only for myself, I used to tutor kids with remedial reading skills, including gangbangers. I know that each and every day is about survival. I know that many of those kids -- perhaps most of them -- were terrified of crossing the gangbangers. Especially because they could not trust the police to protect them. Whenever possible, I would make arrangements for us to meet elsewhere -- usually the library -- because fear and distress is not conducive to learning. The difference in their demeanor and frame of mind was like night and day.

...most of them don't give a damn till it's their kid that's dead. Sad but true.

Not in my experience. The mothers I met and knew were not at all like that. They were profoundly grateful that their child was learning the skills and obtaining the tools to make a better life for themselves. I was always invited to their graduations and parties, and given far more credit by their mothers than I deserved. I understood though because I knew it meant EVERYTHING to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Did I say we should dismiss it? Absolutely not...I'm merely pointing out the massive overexaggeration of the issue....it is not as prominent as the MSM would have you think it is....

A2D

Are you denying that American police are institutionally racist?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Depends...are you saying all cops are racist? or that the american police system promotes racism? because neither of these are true...

Individual racism amongst officers is likely....nearly inevitable....but to say the institution itself is guilty of racism is a far stretch friend....

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join