It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's the spirit! Thank you for that.

Read the links I provided. There are many sad but inspiring stories. When people are bombarded with violence and hate everywhere they turn, that's what people know, and that becomes reality. We have more than enough of that already. Show people a better way... show people solutions... and that becomes reality. We need more of that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's the spirit! Thank you for that.

Read the links I provided. There are many sad but inspiring stories. When people are bombarded with violence and hate everywhere they turn, that's what people know, and that becomes reality. We have more than enough of that already. Show people a better way... show people solutions... and that becomes reality. We need more of that.

What a joke.

That's all they know?

Really?

All you're doing is farting hot excuses out of your backside.

Please...take it outside.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Simple........ 'cause it don't pay

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

... it appears the post is about the opposite of what it is.

Unfortunately, I didn't think beyond that.

Yeah in the Atlantic it would be "the opposite of what it is."

Unfortunately? Weird.

Good to get out of that echo chamber and really take a look at things now and then.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I was all ready to charge in with blood and thunder in my eye ...

... and then I was pleased to find an amazingly factual OP.

Naughty naughty on the tinyiest bit of click-bait though ... LOL

S&F

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

The problem isn't the lack of protesting black on black crime. The problem is groups like "Black Lives Matter" not protesting black on black crime when their very name means that black lives matter to them.

But...that's not the issue they in particular are addressing or why they came to be.

Gee why don't they also take on climate change, corruption in government, nuclear proliferation, and zombies?

What's wrong with them?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Isn't it strange how few replies come in threads like these?

Loving the new ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Loving the new ATS.

What you mean, ATS, the new PC / Hippster SJW forum?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: TheBulk

I don't want to know why either of you are so determined to focus on the problem rather than the solutions... which is in fact the topic of the thread.

Your "solutions" involve blaming scapegoats and completely avoiding the real issue.

Please just stop. This thread is about those people actually doing something positive and productive and proactive about the very same problems. These people are heroes. Please stop derailing the spirit and letter of the thread.

If they're doing some good, then I'm all for it. I just don't see any evidence their strategy is correctly focused.

I simply cannot fathom why a special "strategy" is needed to teach something so elementary it should be encoded in our genes by now...

But for some...it's not.

It's so true. It should be encoded into our genes to not be racist. The racists even here, try to cover up their racism with nonsense arguments. It should be a natural thing to not be racist, it should not require a special strategy. Yet, still, there are stragglers in evolution.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I made this thread a year ago to the date, got a lot of stats and links...
The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

Then you must be very pleased to know that so many good people with good hearts are doing so much to help change those very sad statistics you obviously took so much time to compile. I'm sure you were also very happy to know in reading the OP that those numbers are steadily going down -- no doubt in large part because of the efforts of these folks. Good people with good hearts putting their time and effort into lifting their community and fellow man UP... not tearing them down.

I cannot think of any other possible reason you would drop that in this thread -- much less touting your stats as you did so.

Pouring sugar over a sh!t sandwich doesn't make it a birthday cake. Facts and statistics are elements of truth to which is the only path to resolve.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Loving the new ATS.

What you mean, ATS, the new PC / Hippster SJW forum?

Or the forum where some are not afraid to take off their mask to show the ugliness underneath. If I was actually like that, I would be too ashamed to speak like that in public.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I was all ready to charge in with blood and thunder in my eye ...

And you wouldn't be the Gryph I know and love if you had done any less... but come on... No flaming hair???

... and then I was pleased to find an amazingly factual OP.

Thanks. I tried to include a variety of groups and different approaches.

Naughty naughty on the tinyiest bit of click-bait though ... LOL

S&F

I deserve that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Pouring sugar over a sh!t sandwich doesn't make it a birthday cake.

Oh dear... I was so wrong... about your intentions. My apologies. I'm so glad you corrected me for all to know.

Facts and statistics are elements of truth to which is the only path to resolve.

Statistics are metrics that only tell a part of the bigger picture. In and of themselves, they resolve absolutely nothing. Nor does throwing them around like they do.

These people are doing the hard work it takes to solve the problems.... statistics don't help them get the job done.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You deserve thanks as one of the stalwart members of this community. You always do your best to bring facts over opinion.

PS: Not enough hair anymore to flame, LOL.

(Take that as you will.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My thanks to nullafides for providing this link in another thread:

White Woman Walks In Black Neighborhood: I’m Sorry Black America

“No one put her up to this and she woke up and decided White America there’s a problem and we need to do something about it,” Wallace said.

Another good person with a good heart, doing what she knows and can, at Ground Zero... and all she's really doing is showing some love to her fellow man. She knows she can't fix everything, but she can do something.

I really hope we soon hear that this simple heartfelt effort leads to greater efforts and greater love for our country and its people... all its people... no exceptions.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You deserve thanks as one of the stalwart members of this community. You always do your best to bring facts over opinion.

Thank you. I take that as high praise... because I know you can and will and have (!!!) called me out when you thought I was full of -- well, you know!

This was actually a lot of fun to do. It was very interesting reading about how different people work with what they have and know to make the world a better place. People power!

It was also very heartwarming and that did my soul good

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My man, you just want to do a thread and stir an already stinking pot of shat.....So stir away my man, stir away. It solves NOTHING.a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Please. Because you know my heart and mind better than I do? No. Of course you don't. I can only speak for myself, and I did.

You can only speak for yourself. And you sure did.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Commit crime at a higher rate = pay the consequences at a higher rate....it makes sense...
A2D

(all my numbers are taken from the census bureau)

Yes yes I know they commit more crimes, however, how do you justify that more than 25% of young black men killed by police were unarmed?
LINK

You can give me all the figures you like, I was already aware of them, but the crime statistics do not matter when an unarmed person is killed. This is all about whether the young men were black or not.

An academic study by the Washington Post has found that:

Black individuals shot and killed by police were less likely to have been attacking police officers than the white individuals fatally shot by police

So, once again, this is all about skin colour.

edit on 14-7-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join