It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

You tell me what you consider more threatening....

You're a cop...You pull over a suspect....they step out of the vehicle...you tell them to put their hands in the air....they have their hands behind their back and refuse to show you their hands....

Or

You're a cop...You pull over a suspect...they step out of the vehicle...you notice a pistol in a holster at their waistline....you tell them to put their hands in the air and they comply....

In which scenario do you feel safest? In which scenario do you feel you could react best to?

Comply and you won't get shot....doesn't matter what freakin color your skin is....

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

(And if you want...we'll put a little twist on it.... Say the first suspect, who doesn't comply is white....and the second is black.... does that matter? What about if the if the first suspect, who doesn't comply, is black....and the second is white....? You still think the guy that you can't see his hands is the most dangerous right? Doesn't matter what color he is, huh?)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Good thread title OP.

Why don't they?

They would rather protests the very very rare instances where violence towards blacks is NOT committed by another black.

BLM is a joke of an organization.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Comply and you won't get shot....doesn't matter what freakin color your skin is....

You are absolutely right and statistics/studies have shown that black men have been more compliant and less aggressive with police officers, and yet they are killed more frequently than white men.

Unfortunately this is racial profiling.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Why don't black people protest black on black killings?

Another myth, black people do protest black on black killings, black people do have organizations dedicated to preventing black on black violence and gang violence. BLM was not started for that purpose, but many organizations were and still function, though they don't receive much attention because it doesn't fit your agendas.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Where are these statistics/studies on compliance? I haven't seen any....

Unless you're talking about this article by the Washington Post....which says

In 74 percent of all fatal police shootings, the individuals had already fired shots, brandished a gun or attacked a person with a weapon or their bare hands

Another 16 percent of the shootings came after incidents that did not involve firearms or active attacks but featured other potentially dangerous threats.

and finally

The 5 percent of cases that are often second-guessed include individuals who police said failed to follow their orders, made sudden movements or were accidentally shot.

The police aren't telling young black men to put their hands in the air and then shooting them in the face when they do....sorry, it's just not happening.

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Thank you for the links!

I do hope you actually read the OP and the many additional links...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you for the links!

I do hope you actually read the OP and the many additional links...

Of course I did, I'm entirely on board, in fact it made me start another topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, they are targeted a lot more. My links are on my original reply, first one from the FBI.

You can call it being targeted, which makes it sound as if they are picked out for no specific reasons, bar their skin colour. Think about that. Even the thickest cop has probably a better reason targeting a certain group of people than the amount of melanin present in the skin.

It is not targeting, it's called profiling.

Whilst profiling isn't a nice thing to do, it is a natural thing to do. If more cavemen die from handling snakes than from handling rabbits, snakes will be avoided. Simple as.
Does that mean all snakes are killers? OF course not, but the puny human isn't supposed to know the difference, so they err on the safe side.

Profiling back people did not come out of nowhere. Nobody sat around the table and decided for no reason to suddenly pay more attention to black people because their skin is darker.

Chinese people aren't profiled. Why on earth not? They are different looking from us. By the skin colour logic, they'd make a very good target, after all targeting seems to be done by looks alone, so I read everywhere.

[screeching record stop]

Or could it be, just a tiny bit, that behaviour, cause and effect plus experience with black people has something to do with profiling?

Does that make all black people bad? No, of course not. As a matter of fact, those decent folk are the ones suffering from profiling and that's what it's all about.

It isn't fair but it isn't just pulled out of a white person's backside either. I have met very racist black people and they feel not even guilty about it, because us whites deserve everything we get. Even the nice ones.
By saying that ALL white people have privileges and ALL white people are racists and ALL white people hate Blacks so much they shoot them on sight...is somewhat 'targeting' us [or shall we call it profiling?].

There you go, profiling is done by every group for a reason and based on cause and effect. We know that the police kill people [whites and blacks], it is a problem and needs addressing.
So why can't we address the actual problem that made black people a 'target' in the first place?

Hint: It's not the colour of their skin.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

So why can't we address the actual problem that made black people a 'target' in the first place?

Because no one wants to talk about black culture, poverty, and broken family values....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Simple. TPTB want a race war. If they can keep blacks and whites hating each other, we'll never unite against the power elite. Plus, once it really gets out of hand, they'll have a great excuse to declare martial law.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

'Targetting' was the wrong word, hence I used 'racial profiling' in my last posts as it is racial profiling.

I agree that most of those young black men who turned to crime come from broken homes and violent backgrounds. The question is why? I am not condoning their behaviour at all, and I agree that it is mostly a personal responsibility, but we cannot forget that young black boys have been negatively affected by racial oppression and we cannot forget that segregation was not abolished until 1964, the wounds and psychological repercussions are still fresh for many.

What's happening now in the US is part of a vicious circle but I am optimistic things will get better in the future, as black communities are getting together to build better and safer lives for themselves.

Agree2disagree here is one of the links to that study I mentioned: LINK

Black individuals shot and killed by police were less likely to have been attacking police officers than the white individuals fatally shot by police

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I believe you are speaking to something like this:

NYPD captain caught on tape ‘pressuring officer to stop and question more black men because they are more likely to be criminals’

It's a fishing expedition targeting minorities. They are not stopped because they're doing anything wrong... or even because the officer believes they did anything wrong... but just because they're Black.

This is how bad it is in New York:

Off duty, black cops in New York feel threat from fellow police

Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

I'm very glad I did the research for this thread, which has led me to so much more information, and a much better understanding of the root issues.... and a better understanding of what we're ALL up against.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
Simple. TPTB want a race war. If they can keep blacks and whites hating each other, we'll never unite against the power elite. Plus, once it really gets out of hand, they'll have a great excuse to declare martial law.

Exactly.

I would only add that after they declare martial law and the feds take control of local policing responsibilities, it will never go back. That is the end goal.

However, I did read this morning that the parents of the teen killed in Fresno (the video was just released), is now calling for "White Lives Matter" protests as well. This could get even uglier... or it could be a beautiful beginning...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Of course I did...

Good -- I was just worried because of the title. I wish I had done that differently now!

I'm entirely on board, in fact it made me start another topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's fantastic!!! The truth needs to be spread far and wide.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Comply and you won't get shot....doesn't matter what freakin color ....

Except, clearly it does. Step out of your world where the cops are all good guys and not institutionally racist and into the real world
edit on 14-7-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's exactly what I was talking about, we cannot deny there is such a thing as racial profiling which only focuses on skin colour, nothing else.

I'm very glad I did the research for this thread, which has led me to so much more information, and a much better understanding of the root issues.... and a better understanding of what we're ALL up against.

This is an excellent thread! And this has to be resolved by everybody, not just the black communities.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Where are these statistics/studies on compliance? I haven't seen any....

Unless you're talking about this article by the Washington Post....which says

In 74 percent of all fatal police shootings, the individuals had already fired shots, brandished a gun or attacked a person with a weapon or their bare hands

Another 16 percent of the shootings came after incidents that did not involve firearms or active attacks but featured other potentially dangerous threats.

and finally

The 5 percent of cases that are often second-guessed include individuals who police said failed to follow their orders, made sudden movements or were accidentally shot.

The police aren't telling young black men to put their hands in the air and then shooting them in the face when they do....sorry, it's just not happening.

A2D

If what you claim is true (which it isnt), then maybe US cops need to stop being such massive p*ssies and man up and not shoot anyone who "isn't comllying"

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

What exactly are they doing? It only gets worse and worse every year not better. And then of course there is the media attention. Black people are in much more Danger from other black people then they are cops. It's not even close.

Yes. But the other people are not meant to be protecting and second them . It's two separate issues.

It's like asking why black people don't protest cars as they are more likely to die from a crash. It's irrelevant. Cops are meant to be protecting black people as much as white people. Not shooting them like animals.

I support BLM.

Do you contend that a majority of black men that are shot by the cops are completely innocent and did nothing to deserve it?

You support a racist organization. There is a plethora of information available to prove that.

I dont support the organisation per se, I support what their original cause is. I would NEVER condone whar hapoened in Dallas, but i understand their frustration and why what happened happened.

And regardless of whether the black men are innocent or not, it's not up to the police to decide. How can you guys not see that?

If the black man is committing a violent action or trying to kill the cop then of course they're going to end up dead. He's unarmed instances are extremely rare and they happen to people of all colors.

Yes. Because unarmed black men who are either not committing a crime or committing a non serious one have never ever been shot. Not like it's happened twice this week...right?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: amazing

While poverty contributes, so does the culture that the black community has chosen to embrace....look at how the hiphop industry embraces "thug life"....Black crime can't be contributed to one and only one factor....

A2D

I love it. Hold down a person the berate them for not getting up. Classy.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It only gets worse and worse every year not better.

Didn't you read the post?

First, a little context: In the last 20 years, we’ve seen a sharp drop in homicide among blacks, from a victimization rate of 39.4 homicides per 100,000 in 1991 to a rate of roughly 20 homicides per 100,000 in 2008. Likewise, the offending rate for blacks has dropped from 51.1 offenders per 100,000 in 1991 to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008. This decrease has continued through the 2010s and is part of a larger—and largely unexplained—national drop in crime.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join