It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police audio: Officer stopped Philando Castile on robbery suspicion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: bknapple32

Isn't that just what his fiancee said? Even if he had told the cop that, it doesn't mean he didn't do something clumsy or stupid. We really have hardly any information about anything leading up to the shooting that I would call credible.

We really need to know where the gun was. I've seen pics that may be the gun in his lap. I'm not sure though. We need to know about where exactly the gun was. I'm not sure the officer even saw it yet. I believe his words were that he told him not to reach for it. That could mean several different things.

But there should also be a protocol established known to and adhered to by both gun owners and officers. Every time my husband or I have been pulled over, the first question we are asked is if we have a weapon. We say no, we carry on. Easy peasy. We have a right to carry weapons. It should be expected -- or at least the anticipated. Both parties should know exactly what to say and what to do, relieving suspicions and fears on both parts, and eliminating much of the threat.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You never ever put yourself in a position that the cop feels threatened.

And that goes double for the cop... the cop should never ever put himself in a position where he feels threatened. It is the cop that provokes the confrontation, who creates the circumstances of the confrontation. Nor should he ever unnecessarily put the people in a position where they feel threatened.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Thugs who live a thugs life sometimes die a thugs life.

BLM are opportunists looking for chances to rile up mobs. Their false narrators are at this moment looking for the next criminal thug who gets shot after doing a crime to use for their storyline. It happens all the time, always has and always will, so they have a steady supply to exploit.

Please prove a man who held a steady job for 14 years a thug.

You've made the claim, stand by it or edit your post.
edit on 21Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:23:13 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

And he wasn't charged.... nor were those who hired him and kept him on the force. That's shameful. Absolutely shameful.

As shameful as the South Carolina and Missouri police departments that lowered their IQ standards for cops to 60 to 90... 60 is barely above mentally retarded, and 90 is about 10 points below average intelligence.

They said it was because these officers were more likely to obey orders. The implications and inferences are horrifying.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You never ever put yourself in a position that the cop feels threatened.

And that goes double for the cop... the cop should never ever put himself in a position where he feels threatened. It is the cop that provokes the confrontation, who creates the circumstances of the confrontation. Nor should he ever unnecessarily put the people in a position where they feel threatened.

well said. the man in uniform must be the better man. always. he is the one entrusted under oath with protecting citizens.
he is held at higher standard than any joe blow.

unfortunately, [some]LEO's today abide by technicalities and high priced lawyers these days, not the oath they sworn to uphold.

edit on 12-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Here's what I find interesting.

*WARNING: BLOOD*
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like the top of a handgun, ejection port and barrel. Didn't the officer say "I told him not to reach for it!" ?

Also, *Language and Drug Use*

For anyone wondering..

Maybe to you. Doesn't look like much more than a black blob to me. E: Actually, from that image, it looks more like the waist portion of his seat belt... it overlaps his shirt on the door-side of his body.

Why are people spamming this video everywhere? Gotta demonize the victims, I guess.
edit on 22Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:04:16 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

unfortunately, [some]LEO's today abide by technicalities and high priced lawyers these days, not the oath they sworn to uphold.

Yes, but in some ways, I think many are effectively forced into that position because of politics and legal shenanigans and God only knows what else.

I'm sure there are a few -- a very few -- downright sociopathic cops... probably even some outright evil ones... they alone are responsible for their dirty deeds.

But I believe the biggest problem is that cops are being let down by their supervisors and administrators and maybe even the taxpayers. We should be taking better care of them, giving them better resources so that they don't have to feel their lives are in almost constant danger... even when it's not.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The reason I shared the video is that I figure someone getting stoned and driving with a kid in the car probably doesn't use the best judgment and very well may have been geeked out of his mind when asked for ID and grabbed the gun, let it fall out, what have you. It also sort of points to the character. Of course getting stoned and driving isn't and shouldn't be a death sentence, but it does make me question the judgement. I've got a DUI though so I should probably shut up, even though I would be more suspicious of me with that record.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Greven

The reason I shared the video is that I figure someone getting stoned and driving with a kid in the car probably doesn't use the best judgment and very well may have been geeked out of his mind when asked for ID and grabbed the gun, let it fall out, what have you. It also sort of points to the character. Of course getting stoned and driving isn't and shouldn't be a death sentence, but it does make me question the judgement. I've got a DUI though so I should probably shut up, even though I would be more suspicious of me with that record.

good point. every possible information needs to be analyze.

however presumption can be a slippery slope.

edit on 12-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

BLM are opportunists looking for chances to rile up mobs. Their false narrators are at this moment looking for the next criminal thug who gets shot after doing a crime to use for their storyline. It happens all the time, always has and always will, so they have a steady supply to exploit.

Why he is a thug?? I hate to say what Im thinking here....

The man held a job for 14 years working in the school system. He had a concealed weapon, which he had a legal permit for. What happened to all the 2nd amendment defense? Are all people thugs for carrying a concealed weapon? Like- Im trying not to say anything too wrong here or against t.o.s But is anyone else smelling what I am ??

How is the victim a thug?
edit on 12-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

which he a permit for.

I've yet to see any actual proof he did. One news source said that someone told them that, they didn't even site them as being LE.

It also doesn't even really matter if he had a permit if he did something stupid with the gun during the stop. A permit lets you carry, not do something stupid.

The man held a job for 14 years working in the school system.

Let's not pretend being a lunch lady is indicative of moral fiber or good choices.
edit on 1220160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Im not arguing that point. I'm questioning how a person on ats just called him a thug and what he based that idea on.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

In thoughts only, not in deed.

Thoughts stemming from the fear that the police is murdering good people, and this one that day happened to make it to censornet

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
this is what terrorism looks like: when someone says "I shouldn't say this" about an obvious situation eg the victim being a respectable man in this case

it only works when you're afraid

lol

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

which he a permit for.

I've yet to see any actual proof he did. One news source said that someone told them that, they didn't even site them as being LE.

It also doesn't even really matter if he had a permit if he did something stupid with the gun during the stop. A permit lets you carry, not do something stupid.

The man held a job for 14 years working in the school system.

Let's not pretend being a lunch lady is indicative of moral fiber or good choices.

How about proof that the gun used in the robbery isn't the same one that Castile was carrying?

Because these guns really don't look like the same one:

e: Also compare it with this "gun"

Really doesn't look like the one on the ground, does it?

The white sliver isn't a gleam from metal, but his shirt. That 'gun' blob looks more like the waist restraint from his seatbelt more and more.

NOTE: I've posted this here but figured this discussion might be worth its own thread so as to not distract from this one.
edit on 22Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:56:12 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
or sprinkles crack on a dying kid

or steals your email

or pays you what you owe it for rent for back breaking labor while sipping martinis

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

He had a concealed weapon, which he had a legal permit for. What happened to all the 2nd amendment defense? Are all people thugs for carrying a concealed weapon? Like- Im trying not to say anything too wrong here or against t.o.s But is anyone else smelling what I am ??

Yes, I am.

I was very disturbed by the words of the officer's defense attorney, who claimed it was the mere "presence" of a gun that caused his death. (The source article in the OP)

If we want to keep our right to bear arms, then we need to protect the rights of the people who bear arms, and not allow them to be killed for merely exercising that right.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That kid's problem is common: thinking a gun is a dreamcatcher for riffraff

well it's not

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Why he is a thug?? I hate to say what Im thinking here....

The man held a job for 14 years working in the school system. He had a concealed weapon, which he had a legal permit for. What happened to all the 2nd amendment defense? Are all people thugs for carrying a concealed weapon? Like- Im trying not to say anything too wrong here or against t.o.s But is anyone else smelling what I am ??

You ignore the other aspects of the story conveniently, the Crips, drug use in the same car with the toddler, guns, stolen cigarettes from an armed robbery. People who have read those aspects of the story may not be inclined to care about the angel who worked in a school for 14 years spin of the story.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Here's what I find interesting.

Looks like the top of a handgun, ejection port and barrel. Didn't the officer say "I told him not to reach for it!" ?

Also, *Language and Drug Use*

For anyone wondering..

Maybe to you. Doesn't look like much more than a black blob to me. E: Actually, from that image, it looks more like the waist portion of his seat belt... it overlaps his shirt on the door-side of his body.

Why are people spamming this video everywhere? Gotta demonize the victims, I guess.

Compare it to the picture of a handgun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join