It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police audio: Officer stopped Philando Castile on robbery suspicion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
I thought the female was driving.

She is on the driver's side while he bleeds out on the passenger side..

Trick iPhone

Look where the steering wheel is.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I have heard two reports on in lap and one in glove box.

If you say a gun is in the glove box and then reach for the glove box.

As a cop on high alert what would you perceive?

So whether in the box or in his lap never ever go for the gun. Tell them to get it and get yourself out of the car so they can get what they want.
edit on 12-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

My suspicion is that dude accidentally grabbed his gun because he was nervous/he misheard the cop or it fell out and the cop was on edge. I don't see a huge racial component and despite what some seem to think I put the number of cops that want to risk a bad shoot just to say they shot someone as extremely low, especially with witnesses and a kid in the car.

I think like most of these incidents this was a tragic set of circumstances and probably neither the cop or the deceased were actually trying anything.

Sure would be nice if hey released a statement from the cop, I have yet to see anything about his side of the story. I really wish cops all had body cams. If they don't have car cams I think it's criminal in this day and age.

link   

released

Wasn't even leased. Just stolen, and not in a "watch the batman movie at home rather than in town" stolen, actually deprived owner of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I have heard two reports on in lap and one in glove box.

If you say a gun is in the glove box and then reach for the glove box.

As a cop on high alert what would you perceive?

So whether in the box or in his lap never ever go for the gun. Tell them to get it and get yourself out of the car so they can get what they want.

Except there is a procedure for this. And the cop didnt follow procedure. If he thought that was a robbery suspect ( neverminding how on earth he thought that based on wide set nose) then he would have not asked for is and registration

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Dash cam should have audio. Lots of places also have a thing they clip on and activate when they're out of the car to record. If they haven't released it my guess is that it's bad.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

same here I don't see a racial proponent I see a man who acted in the wrong manner while under stress. I am not saying the cop was right or justified. But you need to know how to handles yourself.

I carried a gun across country 12 miles from where I was headed we were stopped because the girl I was with stuck her thumb out where it was illegal to hitchhike. I had the unloaded weapon in my inner jacket pocket. As he spoke to her I took my jacket off and set it over my backpack.

When he turned to me to search me. I told him I had a firearm and it was in my jacket pocket.

Yes I was arrested, but I was respectful and peaceful. the gun was considered broken down in that State because no ammo was in the gun. Later the chief wanted the gun for his collection, not many 1901 Colt 38/40 double action six shooters exist in this world today. They dropped the charges to disorderly conduct and I was let off with a condition of not to getting into any more trouble.

Now if I had it in my jacket and had it on and reached in to get it that cop could have shot me dead and would have been right in doing so. And remember more white men are shot by cops int he US than blacks.

edit on 12-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And he told the cop, he had a concealed weapon. I think youre blatantly disregarding some facts on this

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: MOMof3

Do they train officers to be stupid or is that their excuse.

Apparently the previous police chief wasn't especially concerned with proper procedures and safe practices.... this will have your hair on fire:

Gun Activist Says He Warned PD Involved In Philando Castile Shooting About Shady Traffic Stops

I read that article. Very disheartening that they get that kind of training. Don't cops themselves ever ask, is that why I wanted to be a cop and speak out?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

at any rate whatever the facts maybe. You never ever put yourself in a position that the cop feels threatened.

If you have a gun you want to deescalate the situation so no one gets hurt or killed.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Isn't that just what his fiancee said? Even if he had told the cop that, it doesn't mean he didn't do something clumsy or stupid. We really have hardly any information about anything leading up to the shooting that I would call credible.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Don't cops themselves ever ask, is that why I wanted to be a cop and speak out?

Some do and have their mail stolen

Others go all the way (again a CJD reference like fourth today)

Yet let us all please be reminded how kamikaze isn't the best style: shooting is a last resort because we can use the [police] force rather than be terrorized and bombed by it.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Boadicea

the officer is innocent of any wrong doing until proven guilty

No. Not under the law... only under color of law when the charging authorities refuse to charge -- rightly and wrongly.

When you say "until proven guilty," guilty of what? Obviously not for killing itself. You've now set the precedent that it's okay for some people to kill some other people. So maybe the crime would just be for killing for the wrong reasons? According to who? Who gets to decide who deserves to die? Who gets to play judge, jury and executioner all by themselves?

Do you assign any responsibility to an officer that unnecessarily provoked a dangerous confrontation in which he had to kill someone? Especially when there are better practices that could be used... and would be used if protecting and preserving everyone's life were their priority. How about the department administrators? Do they hold any responsibility for failing to provide their officers the proper training and procedures to protect the preserve not only the officers' lives, but to protect and preserve the publics' lives?

If we do not have an inalienable right to life, we have no rights at all. If those empowered to protect us can violate our most fundamental right of all, then we have no rights at all.

its not an open shut case, otherwise i suspect one side would be quick to show that the officer was right and daemonize the suspect with even more onslaught.

Exactly, if it were an open and shut case, those with the evidence -- and the most to gain -- would have shown it to the world already.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Do they train officers to be stupid or is that their excuse.

Apparently the previous police chief wasn't especially concerned with proper procedures and safe practices.... this will have your hair on fire:

Gun Activist Says He Warned PD Involved In Philando Castile Shooting About Shady Traffic Stops

On top of that letting these types become officers;

Timothy Loehmann, the Cleveland police officer who shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice to death in November, was previously deemed "unfit" by a deputy chief to be a cop in late 2012, after having served only six months as a police officer with the Independence Police Department in Ohio before resigning under pressure.
continued...

Loehmann, according to internal records, was also found to have failed the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department's written cognitive entrance exam when he applied for a deputy sheriff position there in September of 2013. He also couldn't make the cut at police departments in Akron, Euclid or Parma Heights, failing similar exams.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't think the cop shot him because he judged him guilty.

I don't either. But we do know that the officer was already suspicious of him being an armed robber.

... and when he had a gun in his lap it pretty much would put anyone on edged.

The officer was already suspicious, and therefore "on edge" to one degree or another; and the officer should have expected the "armed" robbery suspect to be armed. Hence why a simple traffic stop was NOT the proper procedure.

...then he moves to get ID and paper works touches the gun. I mean the cop is not a mind reader. He can only go by body language at that point.

Too late now, eh? The officer has already unnecessarily created a threatening situation. The driver cannot read the cop's mind either, especially when the officer lies about his motives and mindset.

But if you were the cop and you approached a suspect and he had a gun in his lap and moves in a way to take hold of it what would you think?

Exactly why this was handled so poorly. We have a right to bear arms. That is not a reason to assume anyone is going to use that weapon against them, especially when it then becomes "I'll get you before you get me."

Even when the danger was all in the cop's mind because the dead guy never intended to do anyone any harm.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Sure would be nice if hey released a statement from the cop, I have yet to see anything about his side of the story. I really wish cops all had body cams. If they don't have car cams I think it's criminal in this day and age.

I complete agree. We need to hear his statement... and we should be able to hear it before anyone has a chance to compare notes and fit the story to the evidence.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thugs who live a thugs life sometimes die a thugs life.

BLM are opportunists looking for chances to rile up mobs. Their false narrators are at this moment looking for the next criminal thug who gets shot after doing a crime to use for their storyline. It happens all the time, always has and always will, so they have a steady supply to exploit.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The case itself isn't as important as the concept of stealing tapes to strengthen a storyline under colour of law after possibly murdering some terrorized man.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's what I find interesting.

*WARNING: BLOOD*
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like the top of a handgun, ejection port and barrel. Didn't the officer say "I told him not to reach for it!" ?

Also, *Language and Drug Use*

For anyone wondering..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Thugs who live a thugs life sometimes die a thugs life.

All of the digging I've done on Castile paints him in a rather spurious light. After exposing myself to his defamatory photos, the sheer volume of misdemeanor violations, and his purported affiliation with The Crips ... I fully agree with your definition of Castile.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join