It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philando Castile: The Wrong Gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Keeping this one very narrowly focused. As established elsewhere, the police pulled Castile and Reynolds over based on apparent description matching a robber.

This is the gun used by the robber:

This is the gun on the ground next to Castile's car:

These two are obviously different. The robber's gun looks shaped more like a Luger (.22 LR pistols are not uncommon to see looking like this), while Castile's gun looks shaped more like a Glock.

This is the "gun on his lap"

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
*WARNING: BLOOD*
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Clearly this isn't the same "gun" as the one on the asphalt. Unless he had two guns (police reports have not said that), then that gun is not what was in his lap. What could that black blob be, then?

The white sliver isn't a gleam from metal, but his shirt. I would suggest that the "gun on his lap" is simply the lap belt part of his seat belt:

edit on 22Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:51:39 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: links, clarification

edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:28:25 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: super tired, should be .22 LR not .223

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I own quite a few guns. Castile owned a Glock and something that looked like a Luger.

Then ... he went around robbing people like the Crip Gang Member he was.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Sure, people can have more than one gun.

My primary point is that the "gun in lap" claim is wrong. A gun was recovered at the scene; I haven't seen where more than one was recovered.

The dark blob alleged to be a gun looks absolutely nothing like the gun on the asphalt; but the argument alleging it is a gun points to the surveillance video - which is clearly different than the recovered gun.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The bottom line is Phil did not rob a bank for cigarettes and whatever else they are pretending he did. He was a hard working man, with a full-time job and a permit to carry. It is not a coincidence that this man was targeted because THEY "fit a description" due to a "wide set nose" and then was murdered minutes after arrival in front of his child. It seems like a sick game of "how much can we get away with" in plain view and have the media convince its followers to believe then defend us without any proof otherwise. Then on the opposite end there seems to be a sick game of "kill anyone in blue" because they deserve it for all they have done to abuse their power. All of the above are sick, twisted and downright evil. Killing innocent people will NEVER be justified to me and it all is not only shameful but wrong and proper legal action should take place per the justice system. Unfortunately the laws put into place are not made to be equal and do not apply when whomever deems necessary. Its a waste of time, a waste of hope and makes me sick to my stomach.

I live in Minnesota and have a good idea of the makeup of our police force in the twin cities metro area. We have some great cops but we also have some of the most shiesty, disgusting, racist and power happy police that I have ever seen. The good cops are just like any other good cop they do their job as professionals and at the same rate demand respect. The bad cops tase children, call us racial epithets, throw up gang signs, target, discriminate, commit brutality and we have even had a cop or two that were rapists. Now I am unbothered by the cold hearted, evil, ignorant people that instantly assume someone did something wrong when they are shot, namely black men but not solely black men (also Native Americans, Latinos and Asians). I am unbothered by mentally ill racists or people looking for excuses not to look into themselves as a starting point in bringing about positive change. So hearing these counter stories as to what this man did or did not do are simply decoys to cover up a plan to mass murder black men AND even a cover up to simply mask the monstrous acts of people in power that intend ill will on innocent people.

The overwhelming truth is that it appears cops have it out to kill (mainly black men) and the media (mainly Fox, of course) does everything they can to blame the victim. It is disgusting. It is disgusting that judges are selling children into prisons and working for the school to prison pipeline. It is disgusting law makers are pushing anti-gay agendas while committing acts of gay adultery and it is disgusting that police have become judge and jury with the media and its followers being witnesses. WTH kind of system is this? One that fails and falls in front of our eyes, by design. Chaos is what someone wants for some reason. Martial law? World domination? Death to the brown people or poor people? I surely don't know the answer. But I do know that people are waking up and people are pissed off. This has to end or we will all witness exactly what we have been afraid to manifest......... _________________.

Enter racist troll, troll, bored jerk, sometime after I press post. (shrugs). Its all a disease and big pharma would make billions off a treatment for such people.

Enjoy.

a reply to: Greven

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

ever heard of someone having more than one gun.
some people like to accessorize and not be seen with the same thing on every day.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Sure, people can have more than one gun.

My primary point is that the "gun in lap" claim is wrong. A gun was recovered at the scene; I haven't seen where more than one was recovered.

The dark blob alleged to be a gun looks absolutely nothing like the gun on the asphalt; but the argument alleging it is a gun points to the surveillance video - which is clearly different than the recovered gun.

Castile was ridin' dirty. He made a dumb mistake that cost him his life. Why can't we all just own up to the fact his girlfriend stated in her unrehearsed video?

He told the officer he had a gun ... and then started reaching ... for something.

Why? Why do you tell a guy pointing a gun in your face ... that you have a firearm ... and then start reaching for *sh!t*?
edit on 1272016 by Snarl because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So the officer had his gun pointed at Castile from the onset?

That's something I hadn't heard before.

I do hope you are being sarcastic with the other stuff.
edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:18:25 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

ever heard of someone having more than one gun.
some people like to accessorize and not be seen with the same thing on every day.

Please read my reply to just that.

A gun was recovered - singular. The argument that it is a gun compares the blob to the surveillance photo. The recovered gun looks nothing like the blob on Castile's lap.

Ergo, that blob in his lap is not a gun.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
So the officer had his gun pointed at Castile from the onset?

That's something I hadn't heard before.

Granted. An assumption on my part.

I certainly would have. I wouldn't take chances if I had a robbery suspect stopped. Especially one with a gun in his lap.

(post by Domo1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What could that black blob be, then?

I would suggest that the "gun on his lap" is simply the lap belt part of his seat belt:

i posted this in another thread and someone else posted on similar in one.

to me that looks like a trigger guard, on what kind of pistol i have no idea.
but if you look you can see it is sort of round and you can see his pants through it.

it's surly not a seat belt. that is visible above it.

edit on 12-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

SNIP

Really?

Are you unfamiliar with that style of pistol? S&W makes one, though it's silver. My buddy has one that looks just like the one in the video.

Do you somehow think the one in the surveillance video looks like the one on the asphalt?

It seems unlikely that they would leave a police officer's gun on the ground. Remember the Michael Brown shooting, where Officer Wilson took his gun to the department and personally sealed it up there?

I know enough about guns. I didn't say it was a Luger. I said it was styled like one. You know, like this. That's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.
edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:25:31 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/16 by JAK because: Quoted T&C violation removed

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

.22?

seen a .22 that looked like a luger a few times
edit on 12-7-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Do you think a luger type pistol fires a .223 round?

One on the ground is a Glock, one in the video isn't a luger.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

.22?

seen a .22 that looked like a luger a few times

Oh, that should be .22 LR, not .223... too much machine gun shooting lately.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Do you think a luger type pistol fires a .223 round?

One on the ground is a Glock, one in the video isn't a luger.

I meant .22 LR, tired and did this a couple of weeks back. Brain fuzzy, sorry.

No, the one in the video is not a Luger, but it shares similar characteristics. Narrow barrel, thicker body ending very shortly forward of the trigger guard, angled grip... this is why I said it was styled similarly.
edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:33:15 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Also, Ruger, and it happens to the best of us

Oh hey screw you not fair! Was it fun!? You should do a thread on that I'd like to hear about it!
edit on 1220160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

What could that black blob be, then?

I would suggest that the "gun on his lap" is simply the lap belt part of his seat belt:

i posted this in another thread and someone else posted on similar in one.
*snip*

to me that looks like a trigger guard, on what kind of pistol i have no idea.
but if you look you can see it is sort of round and you can see his pants through it.

it's surly not a seat belt. that is visible above it.

Interesting perspective on that, but I think the angle is wrong. You would see more of the gun if it was the same as the gun pictured on the asphalt. The only way it could work is if it was the gun pictured in the surveillance video.

Clearly he has his seat belt on, given the shoulder belt - but modern seat belts consist of a lap belt and a shoulder belt.
So, where's the lap belt?
edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:40:15 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Also, Ruger, and it happens to the best of us

Oh hey screw you not fair! Was it fun!? You should do a thread on that I'd like to hear about it!

Ah! Ruger! Thanks. I'm really more into shotguns than pistols, but I do have an FNP-9 and it's great.

Yeah, it's a blast. Fired a bunch of crazy guns (M240, BAR, and a bunch of Russian ones I hadn't heard of before). Costs a lot though... easily spent a few hundred bucks.
edit on 23Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:48:29 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join