It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police audio: Officer stopped Philando Castile on robbery suspicion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Just imagine if the cop said I'm pulling over a white person " cos of his large bridged nose". The dispatcher would have laughed his ass off and reminded the officer that he has a quota to meet and time is a wastin.

I'm white for the record.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
forget the gun.

the shoes just caught my eyes...

the shoe on the scene vs video screen shot are striking me as similar.....

anyone else notices,

or is this some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome so to speak , where people start seeing things that's not there...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: bknapple32

Thugs who live a thugs life sometimes die a thugs life.

BLM are opportunists looking for chances to rile up mobs. Their false narrators are at this moment looking for the next criminal thug who gets shot after doing a crime to use for their storyline. It happens all the time, always has and always will, so they have a steady supply to exploit.

Why he is a thug?? I hate to say what Im thinking here....

The man held a job for 14 years working in the school system. He had a concealed weapon, which he had a legal permit for. What happened to all the 2nd amendment defense? Are all people thugs for carrying a concealed weapon? Like- Im trying not to say anything too wrong here or against t.o.s But is anyone else smelling what I am ??

How is the victim a thug?

You ignore the other aspects of the story conveniently, the Crips, drug use in the same car with the toddler, guns, stolen cigarettes from an armed robbery. People who have read those aspects of the story may not be inclined to care about the angel who worked in a school for 14 years spin of the story.

no I dont- I ignore conjecture used to rile you up.

Proof of drug use in the car while a child was in it during the stop?

Proof of the crips somehow now being involved in this?

Proof he stole cigarettes ( I had no idea stealing packs of $8 cigarettes was punishable by death now?

Only fact you presented was 'guns'. Yes- Because he followed the law and had a permit for a concealed weapon which he stated to the police officer. Now until that last point is proven otherwise, it is YOU who is ignoring facts.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Just imagine if the cop said I'm pulling over a white person " cos of his large bridged nose". The dispatcher would have laughed his ass off and reminded the officer that he has a quota to meet and time is a wastin.

Yeah, hard to see that even taken seriously!

But that may be why he didn't execute the felony stop -- because he really had nothing to go on for one -- but he needed to make his quota. (Quotas shouldn't even be legal!) And I have read that quotas and "policing for profit" is a big thing there (like so many other places). All of his arrests were for traffic violations, nothing violent, and some that I would have simply received a fix-it ticket for.

Every single "crime" on the books is backed up by the force of law and the barrel of a gun. This is how a traffic stop becomes a death trap.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Missing audio... what a surprise... not.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
forget the gun.

the shoes just caught my eyes...

the shoe on the scene vs video screen shot are striking me as similar.....

Definitely similar -- dark with light soles. Can't tell too much else for sure.

I didn't know the guy, obviously, but it sure seems stupid to rob a store in one's own 'hood, especially without any mask, where one could be easily recognized... but then robbing any store is pretty stupid. So who knows?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Edit to add to your post : With daughter in car

The cover story and those who are eating it up is laughable.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Another confirmation:

Philando Castile's family reveals his gun permit

The family of a man shot and killed by a Minnesota police officer last week has provided CBS Minnesota with a copy of his permit to carry a firearm.

The permit was issued by Hennepin County, where it is not considered a public record, but Castile's family obtained the document and provided it to CBS Minnesota. It shows that Castile received his permit on June 4, 2015.

There is a pic of the letter accompanying the permit -- but not the permit itself -- at the link.

I'm very curious to know why the Sheriff of Ramsey County believed it was appropriate to tweet that their office had not issued his license. Since CC permits are not public records, and cannot be divulged, there would seem to be no good reason to say anything at all. But they did. On the one hand, it seemed to cast doubt on whether Castile even had a permit... on the other hand, it also seemed to confirm he had a permit by saying they did not issue "his permit."

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And for icing on the cake lets talk about how Castile was was pulled over on average of 3 times a year

As the investigation continues, details are emerging about Castile's past encounters with police. Since 2002, law enforcement in Minnesota had pulled over the school cafeteria supervisor at least 52 times for misdemeanors such as driving without proof of insurance, according to state court records. Many of the cases against him were dismissed. Castile was pulled over an average of more than three times a year -- something that protesters argue is a sign of racial profiling.
Source

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And for icing on the cake lets talk about how Castile was was pulled over on average of 3 times a year

...something that protesters argue is a sign of racial profiling.

Yes, lets! It's very disturbing. And more often than not, multiple charges in one stop, and more than half of those charges were dismissed.

I'm not so sure it's racial profiling so much as policing for profit... and, of course, those tactics are most effective on those with the least resources to fight back.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If the description of the armed robber was white with a large bridged nose, it would be perfectly fitting just as the real suspect they were looking for was black with a large bridged nose.

Were you trying to make a point? I don't see it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If the description of the armed robber was white with a large bridged nose, it would be perfectly fitting just as the real suspect they were looking for was black with a large bridged nose.

The point he was making was pretty simple. And you know you understand the undertone here. you just dont want to address the obvious. Which is fine, its pretty clear whats going on. I have never, ever, ever, in the history of anything, heard of a policeman following the hunch of 'wide set nose'.

Bet there was ' valid reason' after 'valid reason' for each of the three times a year he was pulled over.

edit on 13-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The point he was making was pretty simple. And you know you understand the undertone here. you just dont want to address the obvious. Which is fine, its pretty clear whats going on. I have never, ever, ever, in the history of anything, heard of a policeman following the hunch of 'wide set nose'.

Bet there was ' valid reason' after 'valid reason' for each of the three times a year he was pulled over.

Oh, the police take descriptions of armed robbers just for fun and don't use them, what a nice little make believe world you live in.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

And all they managed in the description was 'wise set nose.' And couldnt even identify the second passenger.

Im stopping. Its pointless to retort a brick wall.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Really? I can see several important points -- though they may or may not be what the original poster meant. I cannot speak for anyone but myself.

But let's start with this one: Pulling over anyone -- Black or White or plaid -- for sharing one physical characteristic with a suspect is ridiculous. But that was all the officer mentioned. Oh! And that they looked "suspicious." Because of a widespread nose? That's not probable or reasonable cause.

Another point: Speaking to physical features common to race, I have seen a few folks say that pulling a Black man over for having a widespread nose is like pulling him over for having brown eyes. It is not a unique feature. Such a vague and common trait could/would apply to too many to be valid as probable or reasonable cause. So it was just a pathetic excuse to pull someone over. (And call his buddy to join the fun) And let me just say here for the record... my family is full of widespread and big-nosed men, so no stereotyping from me!

Here's one more... actually... never mind. If you're so inclined, I'm sure you can think up more yourself. If you're not, then no sense wasting my time.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You stated what I wanted to say in eloquent terms. And whether they admit it or not, the detractors here should know exactly what you, myself, and many others are implying about this nonsensical description to justify a murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And all they managed in the description was 'wise set nose.' And couldnt even identify the second passenger.

Im stopping. Its pointless to retort a brick wall.

smart.

its like an asian suspect in a robbery, and police start pulling over persons with smaller eyes...

but look, notwithstanding the killing, the point is if the cop wasnt not at any fault, or did anything criminal in his uniform, i believe they would have already tarnished the entire black community in the area. that cop would have had a halo bestowed upon him by the chief of police. but they are just 'investigating' and lawyering up right now...

history repeats itself. always.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

did I miss the part of the thread about comparing this man to the malheur refuge murder that was live tved?

what happened?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Speaking of people trying to make points, you still haven't defended this:

Thugs who live a thugs life sometimes die a thugs life.

BLM are opportunists looking for chances to rile up mobs. Their false narrators are at this moment looking for the next criminal thug who gets shot after doing a crime to use for their storyline. It happens all the time, always has and always will, so they have a steady supply to exploit.

Which I and others have replied to:

originally posted by: Greven
Please prove a man who held a steady job for 14 years a thug.

You've made the claim, stand by it or edit your post.

Do you have nothing to say to support such a statement?
Are you just running away from it with your tail between your legs?
edit on 16Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:59:58 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

did I miss the part of the thread about comparing this man to the malheur refuge murder that was live tved?

what happened?

I don't think so... am I missing something?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join