It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha in an anthropology course I took, there was mention of possibility, some have evolved from lemurs too?
I passed with flying colors, believe it or not, three anthropology courses, or was it two?
I'm getting on in years, maybe I go study some more.
Great post, thank you!
I'll be researching wolves history soon perhaps, food for though, I appreciate it!
Coyotes must be a relation to dog ancestors too then?
Thanks in'm off to the library now,
Have good day!😊

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Because your model has no explanation for origins, it can't be accepted even as a theory.

Nonsense.

First of all, you're still using the word "theory" as if it means "unsupported," or somehow "less than true." It doesn't. I explained what it meant previously.

Secondly, life evolved. That is a reality. Evolution via natural selection is the Theory (aka model) that supports all the myriad observations in the fossil record, earth sciences, and biology.

If you're suggesting that life was put here on earth as a single celled organism, then I acquiesce, as that is certainly possible, and the notion of Panspermia is one such mechanism through which it may have been accomplished. But if you're suggesting that chickens and wolves were dropped onto this planet in their final form, this is clearly contradicted by reality. Hundreds of thousands of direct observations prove this simply did not happen.

Did you just use the words 'create' and 'genesis' in your model, too?

Abiogenesis is the name of the science dedicated to studying the initial origins of life. It means "the beginnings of life."

edit on 11-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss

originally posted by: georgeglass
a reply to: secretboss

I think we are alien to this planet!

Well, I fully agree with Richard Dawkins theory that extraterrestrials may have seeded life on earth, and that life on earth may contain the signature of an intelligent designer.

But if evolution were true why are there still monkeys still swinging from trees?

You are not listening. Monkeys also evolved to what they are today. So did every other species. The question betrays your willful ignorance.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

If formula-e racing cars evolved from formula 1 cars, and formula 1 cars evolved from...cars!!! Why are there still cars?!!

Planes trains and automobiles didn't evolve, they were manufactured. And all examples of the lineage can be visited in the various museums. Even Kitty Hawk.

Whoosh!!!

It was a jokey argument about intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Don't worry, some of us got it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A chimp had sex with a pig, www.macroevolution.net...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66 a reply to: secretboss OK - you are familiar with Dawkins and post this question? I'm over with be gentile - you're just trolling boss - no quarter.

Of course I'm familiar with Dawkins. I'm just pointing out that there is something off with the way evolution is working out for monkeys/apelike beings.

And what would that "something off" look like? Maybe a pre-conceived bias that makes you troll for arguments in the guise of questions? On ATS? Step off boss...you have an agenda.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All these answers are complete rubbish. The real, true and hidden reason chimpanzees, gorillas, and our common ancestors haven't evolved into space faring planet invaders is because the illuminati keeps them from evolving. For fraks sake.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

More importantly what's the next evolutionary jump going to look like or would we even recognize it?

Evolution is dead.

Take a good look at us right now.

We use science and technology far too much for natural evolution.

The human species as we know it now is all there is ever going to be.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Not this again.

Come on people. Before you post about primates. At least learn the differences between a monkey and the great apes.

There's this great invention called Google. Let's all use it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

If formula-e racing cars evolved from formula 1 cars, and formula 1 cars evolved from...cars!!! Why are there still cars?!!

Planes trains and automobiles didn't evolve, they were manufactured. And all examples of the lineage can be visited in the various museums. Even Kitty Hawk.

Whoosh!!!

It was a jokey argument about intelligent design.

You made the comparison. By the by, we are intelligent design.

DNA, seeds, eggs, cell division and the magic of the womb...

DNA is encoded, it is coded, right? So who wrote that code?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If we evolved from monkeys, why are t̶h̶e̶r̶e we still monkeys?

there I fixed it
edit on 11-7-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Evolution is dead. Take a good look at us right now. We use science and technology far too much for natural evolution. The human species as we know it now is all there is ever going to be.

I agree. The next jump will be done by genetic manipulation and the use of biological technology fused to new tech - in 100 years "Homo sapiens" may be extinct, and a new species will emerge.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

First of all, you're still using the word "theory" as if it means "unsupported," or somehow "less than true." It doesn't.

talk about cognitive dissonance...

I didn't use the word theory, the video did. If something is theoretical it has no basis in fact. The 'theory' parts are gaps, not excuses.

LOL, but go ahead and mind meld yourself. You're still chained to your comfortable spot in Platos cave...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If something is theoretical it has no basis in fact.

Again, I'm not sure that you really understand what some of these words mean, they have clear clinical definitions.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Like the theory of gravity? Oh, don't hurt yourself falling down that rabbit hole...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Ergo, evolution is one of the best supported models in the history of science.

Evolution like religion, bases its theories on precepts, even political agendas. I disagree, my theory is life was brought here and managed, that fills all the theoretical gaps. There are witnesses to other world beings and their craft, you know. What you call empirical evidence is as 'true' there, too.

Your theory is garbage. You have no evidence of your "theory" (which is really a hypothesis). You are also wrong about evolution and political agendas. Hell you literally made that "fact" up out of thin air based on (I'm guessing here) your gut instincts (which isn't evidence of anything except your confirmation bias). The agendas come from the saps trying to discredit evolution because they have trouble thinking long term.

Because your model has no explanation for origins, it can't be accepted even as a theory. My theory has origins explained. And I don't mean to allude to religious dogma, either.

This is a goofy strawman. At no point does evolution HAVE to speak about origins. This is moving the goal posts back for what Evolution attempts to explain.

Did you just use the words 'create' and 'genesis' in your model, too?

Again, not inferring a religious perspective.

Abiogenesis is a proper scientific term regardless of its association with its root word's association with a religion.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

The only rabbit holes are the ones dug by rabbits.

intrptr out.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: chrismarco

More importantly what's the next evolutionary jump going to look like or would we even recognize it?

Evolution is dead.

Take a good look at us right now.

We use science and technology far too much for natural evolution.

The human species as we know it now is all there is ever going to be.

Lol. If you don't think humans can even change the climate on the planet, how the hell do you think humans would be able to halt evolution? Do you even think about these things before you say them?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

I agree with that.

'Cyborgs' might be played with for a time only to suffer the same fate.

After that 'designer' humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join