It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters shut down I-94 from Hwy. 280 to downtown St. Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And if you're watching you also CLEARLY heard most of them telling those people to STOP.

There are always a few fools everywhere. Look around you.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
IMO, sorry you were 2 hours late for work. What's that compared to societal issues that are being put forth?

For many, it's the difference between having a job, or not afterward. Your gripes do not trump someone else's needs.
edit on 7/9/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

IMO, sorry you were 2 hours late for work. What's that compared to societal issues that are being put forth?

For many, it's the difference between having a job, or not afterward. Your gripes do not trump someone else's needs.

If you get canned for being held up by a protest your job was hanging by a thread anyways.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They say that all lives matter so their movement is more inclusive.

People are way to selfish for the name to make the slightest bit of difference

No it does make a difference. I've watched this group since Ferguson where they did start out with breaking and burning infrastructure.

They have stood behind questionable cases. They have terrorized college campus after college campus, including most famously the university just down the road from where I sit now. They demanded safe zones for just minorities at that campus and tried to throw out a minority journalist by brute force with the approbation of a faculty member.

The head protester without a clue at that said set of events was an 8 year student from a multi-million dollar family. He wants to protest injustice in a system where he and his family are fabulously wealthy?! Wealthier than I can ever hope or dream to be and yet he isn't going to make it because of white kids? Give me a break.

I watch this group block other people's access to speakers they don't like and try to disrupt political rallies of candidates they don't like all under the blanket guise of protest.

And now we're back to just being mad at police? And you want me to stand with them and identify with them?

No. I can't.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Well to start with I'd say "yeah". I's obvious that some people aren't aware of some things.... AND DON'T CARE. Thus the action. IMO, sorry you were 2 hours late for work. What's that compared to societal issues that are being put forth?

Societal issues that are based on lies and a false narrative? And what is 2 hours? Well for a lot of people, that 2 hours means your fired, and their entire livelihood is now jacked.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

BLM only uses agitation to get their points across.

edit on 9-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"Tear Gas" is the epitome of anti free speech.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

BLM only uses agitation to get their points across.

haha, agitation of the lungs, eyes, nose and throat.

Instructions: pull pin and throw...

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yeah, except the cops have been telling them for a long-ass time to keep a distance between each other. Protesters haven't been listening consistently, so no duh they got TG'd again. And they WERE damn close, closer than I'd have allowed.

link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Well to start with I'd say "yeah". I's obvious that some people aren't aware of some things.... AND DON'T CARE. Thus the action. IMO, sorry you were 2 hours late for work. What's that compared to societal issues that are being put forth?

Societal issues that are based on lies and a false narrative?

According to whom? Did it occur that that attitude is EXACTLY why protests are needed?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And now we're back to just being mad at police? And you want me to stand with them and identify with them? No. I can't.

I agree its screwed up alright....

I am not wanting you to stand with them i was curious as to how to move forward, if these people are not given a voice for their rage they will act out, if people like you and me get angry because they want to protest it just furthers the division...

More to the point i think these protesters are just pissed off and have lost sight as to why...they are angry enough to want it all to burn...thats a scary prospect...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Monster trucks is another

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If BLM cared about black lives, why aren't they marching in Chicago for the 45+ people killed last week by gang violence?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Societal issues that are based on lies and a false narrative?

According to whom? Did it occur that that attitude is EXACTLY why protests are needed?

BLM was started over lies and police shootings that turned out to be justified.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Another stream here
livestream.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They're already acting out.

The problem is that we have a broken community or at the very least a community that is sort of incompatible with the larger one it exists in. This is the result of the social breakdown in that community.

I don't know how you rehabilitate it. You can't force it to happen, and simply giving it access to more stuff isn't going to address the problems it has either.

And we're seeing the same decay spreading.

I think this is what our elites want for all of us. Mobs need to be controlled and governed because they can't do it for themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

And they WERE damn close, closer than I'd have allowed.

LOL, the protesters playing music, the police playing flash bang. The protesters shouting the police are spraying chemical weapons, the announcer and the camera man were sprayed directly in the face and had a flash bang thrown at their feet.

For broadcasting...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If BLM cared about black lives, why aren't they marching in Chicago for the 45+ people killed last week by gang violence?

This isn't an isolated incident. Demonstrations occurring over the last 24 hours...

googled

link   

You're like a little one trick pony, aren't you, with this Chicago #e?

The specific issue they are protesting is not what is happening in Chicago, which also happens to be happening in most major cities, but we all know why y'all are fixated on Chicago, so it's okay, little pony.

Chicago Tonight...to protest a specific issue.
edit on 7/9/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think this is what our elites want for all of us. Mobs need to be controlled and governed because they can't do it for themselves.

I agree this appears to be the MO......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join