It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters shut down I-94 from Hwy. 280 to downtown St. Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, I've noticed. The Constitution only applies when it's convenient to some.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Something I have yet to be discussed - driving isn't a right.

That's been determined, am I right? It's a privilege. Consitutional rights don't apply to driving.

Protesting however... that's a Consitutional right.

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape, or form condone or support violence against or by police officers unless absolutely warranted. Not all who protest have malicious intent. Not all who are police officers have malicious intent.

Something to chew on.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So you admit BLM is driven by a political agenda. /clap

But hey, real issues that don't fit your own prescribed politics is just "rhetoric" that can be ignored.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
What do these people want?

They want to not be subjected to the same laws of a civilized society as the rest of us.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Something I have yet to be discussed - driving isn't a right.

That's been determined, am I right? It's a privilege. Consitutional rights don't apply to driving.

Protesting however... that's a Consitutional right.

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape, or form condone or support violence against or by police officers unless absolutely warranted. Not all who protest have malicious intent. Not all who are police officers have malicious intent.

Something to chew on.

You have a constitutional right to free travel, or travel freely.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

They want to not be subjected to the same laws of a civilized society as the rest of us.

iTruthSeeker

No. That is not what they want. That's you talking out of your ass.

They want the fact that there is a problem brought to light and they want it to change.

It hurts my heart to know that my son could walk out the door and not come back because he’s been shot by a police officer and the police officer shot him to death because he was scared. There are cops that will tell you I’m not scared of blacks, but I told you about the symbolic assailant. All of our lives it’s drummed into us subliminally that you need to fear people of color. It’s not an illusion, it’s real … If you recognize that this is built in—because that’s the nature of institutional racism—and that we react unconsciously to things that we have heard all of our lives. [Source]

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

So you admit BLM is driven by a political agenda. /clap

But hey, real issues that don't fit your own prescribed politics is just "rhetoric" that can be ignored.

Not at all. Please point out where I admitted anything of the sort. Specifically.

They are focusing their activities on something different that the issue you keep regurgitating about Chicago.

I don't have any political skin in the game, so I have no idea what your going on about.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

You know this how exactly.....?

You think you speak for these people do you ?..Just because you can talk out of your ass does not mean that you should...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Oh please, statistically black people have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed by a cop.

Stop trying to sell something nobody is buying.

edit on 10-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Oh please, statistically black people have a better chance at being struck by lightning than being killed by a cop.

Stop trying to sell something nobody is buying.

What are you referring to? Without ever truly addressing your own biases...about Chicago...about perceived agendas. It's hard to have a discussion with someone who can only echo and not put any real thought into what they are saying or to what is at the root of this issue, never mind be willing to even try to understand.

Black celebrities, elected officials, doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, and others from all walks of life experience the treatement being protested by this group. Not all of it ends in tragedy, not all of it do you hear about or live, but too much of it happens.

If you don't fundamentally get that, you probably never will. Good night.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

iTruthSeeker

No. That is not what they want. That's you talking out of your ass.

They want the fact that there is a problem brought to light and they want it to change.

It hurts my heart to know that my son could walk out the door and not come back because he’s been shot by a police officer and the police officer shot him to death because he was scared. There are cops that will tell you I’m not scared of blacks, but I told you about the symbolic assailant. All of our lives it’s drummed into us subliminally that you need to fear people of color. It’s not an illusion, it’s real … If you recognize that this is built in—because that’s the nature of institutional racism—and that we react unconsciously to things that we have heard all of our lives. [Source]

Which problem is that? As I said before, BLM is based off incidents of violence against the police where the cop was justified in using deadly force. What is the argument? Being that these incidents were justified, why would you get mad at the police? The ONLY logical reason for being mad at the police over a good shoot, is that they should be able to attack cops without a consequence. Which means they do not want to abide by the same standards and laws.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

From your post.

It hurts my heart to know that my son could walk out the door and not come back because he’s been shot by a police officer and the police officer shot him to death because he was scared. There are cops that will tell you I’m not scared of blacks, but I told you about the symbolic assailant. All of our lives it’s drummed into us subliminally that you need to fear people of color. It’s not an illusion, it’s real … If you recognize that this is built in—because that’s the nature of institutional racism—and that we react unconsciously to things that we have heard all of our lives.

This is what I mean. The fear this woman has is irrational and a straight out lie. I would like to see ONE incident of a black person killed just walking down the street on his way to church, school, a picnic, etc. Each and every instance I have seen, they DID something to get themselves shot. Ither attacking the police, reaching when told not too, etc etc etc.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

From your post.

It hurts my heart to know that my son could walk out the door and not come back because he’s been shot by a police officer and the police officer shot him to death because he was scared. There are cops that will tell you I’m not scared of blacks, but I told you about the symbolic assailant. All of our lives it’s drummed into us subliminally that you need to fear people of color. It’s not an illusion, it’s real … If you recognize that this is built in—because that’s the nature of institutional racism—and that we react unconsciously to things that we have heard all of our lives.

This is what I mean. The fear this woman has is irrational and a straight out lie. I would like to see ONE incident of a black person killed just walking down the street on his way to church, school, a picnic, etc. Each and every instance I have seen, they DID something to get themselves shot. Ither attacking the police, reaching when told not too, etc etc etc.

iTruthSeeker

Do you live in a bubble? This is why these protests are going on. What is happening is being ignored.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

From your post.

iTruthSeeker

Do you live in a bubble? This is why these protests are going on. What is happening is being ignored.

What is happening that is being ignored? Besides the issues in their own community amongst themselves?

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

From your post.

iTruthSeeker

What is happening that is being ignored? Besides the issues in their own community amongst themselves?

iTruthSeeker

Would you actually listen? Somehow I think it would be justified away. Thus the protests. I seem to keep saying that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

These protesters won't know what hit them if they impede my ability to travel freely. They can cry all they want, but don't affect me or we have a problem.

You'd never make it as a black male walking or driving.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: intrptr

Their right to demonstrate should not impede anyone else's right to travel.

The highways and people on them are not what they're angry at.

And you have to wonder how many police calls will go unanswered because the cops have to babysit their butts on the highway?

I couldn't agree more.

If they want to lose support then impeding the highway is a great way to piss off us normal folks.

Freedom of speech Pal
Big Business using Freedom of Speech pisses me off as well because they crowd out the little peoples voices.
They are impeding my right to be heard over the millions being shoveling to politicians

Lets get rid of it all together, deal?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

From your post.

iTruthSeeker

This woman? This is a black former police chief, a 30+ year veteran of the force talking.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A loud mouth agitator duped a bunch of sheep into marxhing back to the freeway right as bars were closing.

Ignorant drunk people joined in for fun.

They are all being arrested now and the agitator is nowhere to be seen.

The cop are obviously watching the livestream of your plans, morons.

edit on 10-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Curious that all the usual suspects that are denigrating the BLM protests were all very supportive of the Bundy "civil disobedience".

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join