It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters shut down I-94 from Hwy. 280 to downtown St. Paul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Curious that all the usual suspects that are denigrating the BLM protests were all very supportive of the Bundy "civil disobedience".

K~

One of the cattle grazing freeloaders, right? Showed up for the debacle in Oregon also, IIR?

Didn't support 'em, either.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Like who specifically?

Show proof please.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Bone75
What do these people want?

They want to not be subjected to the same laws of a civilized society as the rest of us.

The 'Law' is broken when law enforcement becomes judge, jury and executioner. You can downplay that all day, but you don't live there, do you...

BLM is about saving lives, about preventing the unwarranted taking of life. Thats their whole point. Civil disobedience is their only avenue because the main stream media sides wth law enforcement regardless, and won't address the issue and cover the protesters until some other disturbance breaks out during protests.

The only way to get their point across is to cause 'disturbance', a far milder disturbance than cops murdering what the media calls 'thugs' in the street. The real thugs are the police. The protest is trying to bear that out.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Nyiah

And they WERE damn close, closer than I'd have allowed.

LOL, the protesters playing music, the police playing flash bang. The protesters shouting the police are spraying chemical weapons, the announcer and the camera man were sprayed directly in the face and had a flash bang thrown at their feet.

For broadcasting...

Dude, I've been watching Unicorn Riot on the ground for over an hour, plus The Meem Streams for over an hour. The front line of the protesters are definitely being provocative. How many times does a cop line have to say (paraphrasing here) "Back off, too close!" before defensive reaction is applicable here?

Is that like when police beat someone senseless with batons all the while shouting "stop resisting" as justification for their abuse of authority?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't agree with everything the cops have done and I think they have gotten too heavy handed in some cases.

However, BLM lost me long ago. How were their campus activities protesting police brutality? How does blocking access to speakers they don't like work against police brutality?

They are a movement without a clue. Not to mention, they are not inclusive. They act like the only people who suffer at the hands of heavy handed police are black people. Woe be to anyone who says that all lives matter. Somehow that's racist and attempting to belittle them and erase their experience.

So, no, I don't care about them. They don't speak for my grievances or experiences.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: ketsuko

Their right to demonstrate should not impede anyone else's right to travel.

The highways and people on them are not what they're angry at.

And you have to wonder how many police calls will go unanswered because the cops have to babysit their butts on the highway?

If they want to lose support then impeding the highway is a great way to piss off us normal folks.

How "pissed" are you when the police execute unarmed civilians? Peoples commute times are more important... got it.

These things are unrelated.

Someone getting shot doesn't mean that the highway is shutdown unless you have moronic people that choose to do so.

BLM protest movement is unrelated to police killings, really? Moronic people seek to paint the criminals ever blacker.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're right, its easy to get away with shooting unarmed blacks than whites.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You're right, its easy to get away with shooting unarmed blacks than whites.

Probably because whites don't riot every time one of us gets shot. We wait to see if the shooting was justified.

We don't automatically assume the cop was out to murder someone that day and that little Jimmy was really just a good boy who didn't do anything wrong.

And yes, that implies it may actually be easier to get away with shooting whites.
edit on 10-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

And to expand, that doesn't that every time a cop shoots someone, it's justified. Some are not. But usually you wait to see the outcome before you simply assume that the cop should be lynched. It's too easy to look at the person who is in authority and assume the automatically abused that position of power because they could to kill someone.

Again, this is the a poisonous intersection of being told that whites are all racist and that the power structure of the country if also racist.

It means that naturally every time a black man is shot by a cop, specifically a white cop, there IS no other possible answer than that if MUST be a horrible racist abuse, and this is what feeds BLM. In order for me to buy into their cause, I would have to accept that premise.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And you have to wonder how many police calls will go unanswered because the cops have to babysit their butts on the highway?

If they want to lose support then impeding the highway is a great way to piss off us normal folks.

How "pissed" are you when the police execute unarmed civilians? Peoples commute times are more important... got it.

HAs forensics and the investigation been completed and determined this man looked un armed? No. this is a knee jerk reaction and people jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's amazing what left wingers consider "peaceful" when their own are "protesting"

Scenes from BLM Protest in Atlanta - 2 stores robbed: www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There are, at least for Minnesota, conflicting reports about the conditions of the stop.

One says it was just for a broken tail light and Castilo reported he had his weapon and was just reaching for his wallet.

Another one says that the car and number of people and descriptions matched a robbery report which is why they were pulled over and that the gun was in his lap.

The first makes it look very bad; the second report makes it a very different situation. Since the video is taken after the shooting, we only have competing "he said' she said" stories right now.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Exactly right ketsuko. WHat gets me is so many people just automatically assuming the worst with no evidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

HAs forensics and the investigation been completed and determined this man looked un armed? No. this is a knee jerk reaction and people jumping to conclusions.

In America now seems people can get murdered (caught on camera) and nothing is done.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Probably because whites don't riot every time one of us gets shot. We wait to see if the shooting was justified.

How many you need to see? I'm a bit older maybe, But I remember Rodney King, Treyvon Martin Michael Brown, Eric Garner, that kid in the park in Chicago, the guy in the back of the van, these two recent ones. And what forensics, they were caught on camera.

Besides actually dying at the hands of police is just the tip of the ice berg. The abuse in certain locales is endemic and across the board. Graphic police violence---

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
this isn't business as usual. this isn't goin to go away quietly

america has a real problem, all partisan BS aside, and the raw nerves were exposed and salted last week.

leaders can't fix this, training can't fix this, this is on us as americans to fix

we need to learn to identify manipulative propaganda for what it is and remember we are all human beings, and we all want the same things

we need to shut out the noise, and reach out and communicate with each other on a human level

a huge barn near me has had a slogan painted on it for years and years

Just Love Everybody

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

MIchael Garner should never have had to happen. What stupid city makes laws demanding you jail someone for selling individual cigarettes? What were the cops supposed to do? The law said they had to take him in, and he said he wasn't going. Then things escalated from there. Do the cops say, "Gosh, the law says we're supposed to bring you in, but you just won't go, so we're going to let you not go?" If they start doing that, no matter how stupid the law itself is, how long do you think they maintain any sense of order at all?

If you want to complain about it and blame someone for Garner, blame the government as much as Garner as much you want to blame the cops.

As for Baltimore and Gray, if you wanted justice there, you needed someone other than Mosby. She made the prosecutions an attempted blood hunt. She reached for something that could not be proven in a court of law. Should Gray have died? No, but did all of those cops go down to Gray's district with the express intent to murder someone? Also no, but that's sort of what a charge of 1st degree murder needs -> intent. There were lesser charges that they likely could have gotten and put some, maybe all of those cops in jail ... but the mob needed the political lynching attempt.

Now no justice is being done there.

As for Tamir Rice .... you never, ever point a gun at a cop, not even a toy one. I don't care how old you are. And don't tell me he was just a kid. Twelve is at that age when boys can start looking pretty darn tall. One of the first lessons he should have been taught with a toy gun is to never, ever point them at random people. There was an incident in our town recently where the neighborhood kids played paint ball against each other, and the new neighbor was not aware. They observed a van roll up and drop off two people in fatigues with guns. They called the cops and SWAT rolled in. These were white kids and it was just sheer, dumb luck that no one died because some alert parents were able to call them off before they actually saw anyone who was armed. If you think those cops would have bothered to check anything other than the armed status, you're fooling yourself.

And, of course, it's telling you think the cops only act our badly against blacks. They mistakenly swatted some neighbors we had six or so years back.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
It's amazing what left wingers consider "peaceful" when their own are "protesting"

Scenes from BLM Protest in Atlanta - 2 stores robbed: www.liveleak.com...

Your just saying things.

Left wingers? Their own?

You have proof of this?
Any interviews with all the people protesting throughout the country?

How do you know they aren't right wing?

Or maybe they aren't either, perhaps they are just pissed off people without your labels.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have seen with my own eyes, on many occasions how differently black people are treated by most authority figures compared to whites.

If I were black, I would probably be about fed up too.

Hell, I'm white and about fed up.

If the cops go into beat down mode and start seeking out and arresting groups they think are a threat it will get a lot worse than it already is because they will be coming for anyone who appears they "might" disagree with their methods.

That includes a lot of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join