It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I can't be bothered.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This reply isn't just specifically to you but those whom echo this narrative endlessly.

But it is frigging crickets when it comes to black-on-black homicides.

Just because you don't hear about doesn't mean it doesn't mean people aren't actively trying to tackle this problem. Let's use Chicago since it's a favorite punching bag. Lots of time internet search time is spent on looking up bad things, lots of FOXesque new outfits spend an obsessive amount of time talking about how black people kill black people in Chicago but they never seem to wonder if there's another side, do you not ever wonder why that is? I wonder what would come up if someone typed into google "community organizations in urban Chicago"? Community newspapers are also a good place to look.

Urban Chicago is in a horrible state right now and has been, it started out bad... impoverished, poorly nourished and like all ghettos intentionally designed as kennels. So many businesses licenses given out to pool halls, bars and liquor stores while few for general markets where people could buy junk food and cheap basic goods. Later drugs and guns were deliberately injected. You get the gist.

Sure people have a choice about these things but poverty is like a constant gnawing at every cell in your body and it begs for relief... soon dysfunction sets in and your ability to make good decisions diminishes. This goes on for generations while the people that try to do something about it are met with door slam after door slam and the cops keep coming but they treat everyone like enemy combatants so you start to hate the police too. Soon you start to realize most of them don't want to help, that your entire community is just being used to justify their ever increasing budgets and wishlists for toys, footballs for campaigns and occupied beds in prisons that corporations plunder for cheap labor.

No one is protesting all cops. They are protesting the above but you wouldn't know that because you don't look, you don't want to look, you want to hear that the people you don't like did bad things so that you don't have to feel bad about not liking them. Before anyone gets all mad, reasons for not liking others doesn't have to be because of skin color.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Some examples please.

I already gave some. But to denialsits there aren't any. To them, its all the ni____s fault.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

They are protesting all cops. A few cops do something wrong, and all cops are targets. All cops are under scrutiny.

A few muslims kill people, and everyone is quick to say that not all muslims are bad.

But a few cop do something wrong, and all cops are targeted.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Well I wish you would have stated that you only wanted to wallow in self gratifying ignorance. I wouldn't have wasted my time replying.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It's the system they are protesting. A system that allows the racist cops to get away with their treatment of minorities. A system that has tended to protect these racist cops.

Sure, there will always be nutbags out there who shout about killing all white cops, but the biggest protest is against the system, not ALL cops.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But cops aren't getting away with it.

They are under constant review, they do get punished when they do criminal things.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Simplistic maybe.

Ignorant? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But cops aren't getting away with it.

They are under constant review, they do get punished when they do criminal things.

Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. They are the ones that have the ability to be judge, jury and executioner.

And being investigated by "Internal Affairs" is BS.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I must have missed your examples in this thread.

Are you referring to the Chris Rock video?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They should be held to a higher standard.

But what else would you suggest?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Give me a break. Racists cops have gotten away with racist treatment of blacks for a long, long time.

Due to recent protests, cops are now under more watchful eyes - and that's a GOOD thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

As is standing trial most of the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

How many cops do you think are racist?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Do you mean like these officers arrested by other officers for breaking the law?

www.stltoday.com... b457d95c.html

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.rt.com...

www.azcentral.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.commondreams.org...

www.fox5atlanta.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... ccc017

www.theatlantic.com...

It sure looks like to me the good cops are holding the bad cops accountable.

However, just like the police can't arrest every criminal due to a lack of evidence, they can't arrest every bad police officer because of the same.

To say that the good cops do nothing about bad cops is absolutely disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How many deaths by racist cops are considered acceptable?

How many unnecessary beatings or choke-holdings by racists cops are considered acceptable?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No unlawful deaths by law enforcement should be accepted.

That said, how do you know any of these recent incidents were racially motivated?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Obviously, none.

But how many cops are racist?

They should be held to a higher standard and they are. But that isn't good enough, apparently. So what bar is acceptable?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They should be held to a higher standard.

But what else would you suggest?

Better training
NO steroids or other drugs, manidtory weekly piss tests
Real psychological evaluation
CITIZEN review boards
cameras, cameras, cameras
Much More Community involvement....we/them attitudes need to be abolished

However, I have no illusions the above suggestion will mean anything with the increasing of a Military styled LEO becoming more and more prevalent.

I worked as a subcontractor training LEOs in a forensic behavioral unit...I have no hope that anything will change except more blood in the street and a more pronounced we/them attitude especially against minorities.

The "siege Mentality" on both sides is unfortunately entrenched.
edit on 9-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

All of them can be racist, for all I care. They just can't ACT on that. None of them. Zero.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think that our police forces will become federalized eventually.

But I see nothing in your list that I would object to, I will say that I thought that many if not most of those things are already being done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join