It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

By the way, they are saying on TV now that the officer who shot Philando Castile is Mexican, not white.

Noting - yes I believe he had no reason to shoot, he was unprofessional and should be held responsible for it.
But I think we need more information before being sure about this. There could be more to it than has been spread so far.
But I don't see this as a racist shooting.

edit on 7/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, next they'll be saying it's mary poppins who came down and accidentally stabbed the officer in her scramble to retrieve her brolly..

Stupid Planet..

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

What makes you think that I have any kind of "surface level SJW empathy", as you put it? I think the entire concept of SJW is absurd. I denounce anyone who uses violence. It does not solve anything, and just brings down society. I think the blanket accusation that all police are racist is horrendously unfair. Sure there are some bad cops. But not all cops are bad.

As for statistics:

Police shootings in Texas 2015:

White: 45
Black: 18
Hispanic: 32
Other: 2
Unknown: 1

Police shootings nationwide 2015:

White: 494
Black: 258
Hispanic: 172
Other: 38
Unknown: 28

Source

I never said that all police are bad. I don't believe bad is the correct word choice. But I do believe that police need a major reworking of policy.

As for truly reflective statistics: (percentages, not just sheer numbers)

Population nationwide, 2015:

Total: 320,090,857
White American: 223,553,265 (72.4%)
Black American: 38,929,319 (12.6%)

Meaning that approximately 2% of the White population is shot by police, while approximately 7% of the Black population is shot by police.

In other words, Black people make up 6x less of America's population, but account for 3x as much police shootings.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

By the way, they are saying on TV now that the officer who shot Philando Castile is Mexican, not white.

Noting - yes I believe he had no reason to shoot, he was unprofessional and should be held responsible for it.
But I think we need more information before being sure about this. There could be more to it than has been spread so far.
But I don't see this as a racist shooting.

Racism in America is not just about Black vs White, or White vs Black. There is a stigma surrounding Black people in America that ALL groups fall for.

The problem is that we limit our thinking when it comes to the psychological effect of racism on America. We limit it to "One person shot another person specifically and only because of the color of the victim's skin." Unfortunately, racism in America is not that simple. Because of racial stereotypes being embedded into people's minds, primarily through visual/audio propaganda, Americans in general are more likely to be on guard and react negatively to Black people.

www.psychologicalscience.org...
edit on 9-7-2016 by prepared4truth because: linked to study

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Many individual African-Americans have spoken out against it. Nowhere near enough, it seems.

Do white people have to speak out against the KKK?..

One shouldn't have to speak out or be for a group. Also, there is no mass "black community". That whole idea is very divisive.

The idea of having to apologize for one's race helps create racism.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In other words, Black people make up 6x less of America's population, but account for 3x as much police shootings.

Yea.. but were most of those shootings in high crime-rate areas?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Maybe that's something you should look up and bring back to the thread.

My personal opinion is that if you are looking for crime in an area more often, you are likely to find more crime there.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Many individual African-Americans have spoken out against it. Nowhere near enough, it seems.

Is there still a KKK?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Good post!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Unfortunately,
Yes there is.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth

The young girl who lost her father (Philando Castile) in front of her eyes at the hands of a LEO will probably grow up to be a 'militant Black Panther type'. And as long as cops in America keep making fatherless homes, whether through killing Black men or arresting them in mass to fulfill some sick quota, there will be 'militant Black Panther types'.

The solution to police brutality against Blacks has NOTHING to do with 'Black on Black crime'. And that line of rhetoric is getting tired.

I'd wager there was more than one young girl who lost her father in Dallas, as well...

I also agree police brutality has nothing to do with black on black crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

One shouldn't have to speak out or be for a group. Also, there is no mass "black community". That whole idea is very divisive.

White people often and regularly speak out against the KKK..

No one said 'apologize for one's "race".' One can speak out against an organization....even when it is within one's 'race' if one sees a direction where the group is going that is destructive to that race and the nation as a whole.

Frankly, it was a thought, not a statement of fact.

Finally, if there's no 'mass black community' then there's no mass white community either.....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
WSJ's new article on police shooting stats:

The Myths of Black Lives Matter
The lower proportion of black deaths due to police shootings can be attributed to the lamentable black-on-black homicide rate. There were 6,095 black homicide deaths in 2014—the most recent year for which such data are available—compared with 5,397 homicide deaths for whites and Hispanics combined. Almost all of those black homicide victims had black killers.

Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police.

I guess that means WSJ is racist too.
edit on 9-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

12 million big ones from what I've heard..

That's a lot of money for a group of any size.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You also have to take into account how much crime they account for. That does have something to do with it too.

If the average black male is more likely to be involved in a negative interaction with law enforcement than the average white male, is it because the police are actively seeking out black males to victimize them or is it because black males are also more likely to engage in criminal activities than white males?

And I'm not talking about things like minor possession and traffic tickets. I am talking about assault, theft, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It does! This is why critical race theory is so poisonous.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It does! This is why critical race theory is so poisonous.

CRT eh?

CRT recognizes that racism is engrained in the fabric and system of the American society. The individual racist need not exist to note that institutional racism is pervasive in the dominant culture. This is the analytical lens that CRT uses in examining existing power structures. CRT identifies that these power structures are based on white privilege and white supremacy, which perpetuates the marginalization of people of color.
en.wikipedia.org...

So this is the other main point, along with the "Progressive Stack", behind the foaming at the mouth we're seeing going on on the mass scale 'suddenly'.

As a libertarian I historically never spent much time obsessing about the tedious details of this group stuff, so lately I've been having to crash course it all to work towards this big picture of the current social meltdown situation.

I used to routinely go on at length dissing the Federal Reserve system, and how the inflation model, the way it screws everybody, but in particular the way it screws people over the harder the more poor they already are. Here's an example from 2010:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Economic World War: Technocratic Plutocrat Elites vs. The People
It wasn't originally designed to implode, despite that being how it looks today, but it's always been designed to leech away the self-reliable wealth of those with less. The less you have the more it hurts you... is and always has been the purpose of the privately owned Federal Reserve bank. The mechanism responsible is inflation.

Beyond that I dont get what all this "patriarchy" stuff is about, the basis if it being SO relevant, aside from how the Music industry pushes all the bling bling culture on them via the controlled music model. That last part being extra ironic considering MTV is the chief TV source of the controlled music model, and yet they're also the core source of SJW indoctrination of youth.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yep, it's why you can have two white males yelling angrily in that video at the someone off screen about how he's an effing white male, man!

They've obviously internalized the idea to great degree. Nothing about their lives, their identity, their culture is in any way just or good. They aren't and can't be just and good. So they have to identify with the minority and turn on others are though they aren't what they are. It's white guilt.

Rachel Dolezal would be an epic form of it where she went so far as to try to physically erase her ethnicity entirely and live as someone else.

There are high priced private schools now that separate the white kids from the minority kids and actively discriminate against the whites. It's like a version of beating the white out and making them atone for being born what they are. At the same time, they actively praise and pet the minority kids. Look up Bank Street School for children.

The horror of that one is that at the same time, they are a graduate teaching program for teachers! So some of your kids' educators come out of places like that and into the standard school system.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How can a racist organization protest racism? They need a big slap upside the back of the head and a big STFU! They are basically just a terrorist organization, funded by a billionaire who wants to foment unrest, getting the proverbial wink and nod from the Racist in Chief. The whole situation would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I agree, but I'm from Chicago and there was never a time when gangs were like West Side Story. Lol. Never. It's been filled with gun violence since before the 20th century. Police officers were shot and killed in the 1970s from sniper shooting from a window in the Cabrini Green complex.

No one ever did that hand holding knife fight thing. Lolololol.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join