It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Brock Turner had a mitigating factor: he was an athlete. Like it or not, successful athletes at some schools can get special treatment for that.

Sam Ukwuachu, black man, 6 mos in county and 10 years' probation for rape. Oh, let me mention he was also a star athlete like Turner.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, but simply changing the color of the face isn't necessarily going to work either. Cops are a perceived enemy.

And I agree that's why I said earlier it's not a cure all while looking good visually , i'd personally have a well train professional white cop than a badly trained over aggressive blk one, and let me say this to others who are wondering, the vast majority of poor folks, including urbanized poor blk folks are not criminals nor do they have criminal tenancies, they work hard doing sometimes crappy multiple jobs for low pay , their lives are made miserable by a subset of those who are thugs, not just folks who dress a certain way but actual thugs, and to top it off they have to be on alert for folks mostly outside policing their communities that viewed them as all one and the same and adding misery to their lives,

edit on 8-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Spider879

Brock Turner had a mitigating factor: he was an athlete. Like it or not, successful athletes at some schools can get special treatment for that.

Sam Ukwuachu, black man, 6 mos in county and 10 years' probation for rape. Oh, let me mention he was also a star athlete like Turner.

That should stop and given appropriate sentences, as a dad of two girls , there is no stopping me from carrying out my own form of justice should the system failed them in that manner .

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: nwtrucker

Nothing....except morph it into All Lives Matter.

Everyone's lives matter...let it begin here...

When presidential candidate Martin O’Malley stated during a campaign speech ALL LIVES MATTER - - - then got "attacked" for it.

That's the moment BLM should have been put in their place.

O'Malley is the one who should have been supported - - - right then and there - - - and every day after.

BLM should never have been supported to escalate in the way it has.

Its no different then White Supremacy.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Well, he says the shooting in Dallas, happened because everyone was ignoring BLM! And that they did not have any other option left, in order for them be heard...

I say make this organization illegal.

Definitely make them accountable.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The governor of Texas said BLM terrrorist Micah X. left behind a "well outlined manifesto".

Hopefully it will be released as quickly as Dylan Roof's manifesto was released to to the public.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Well, he says the shooting in Dallas, happened because everyone was ignoring BLM! And that they did not have any other option left, in order for them be heard...

for others not connected to their movement.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The fear/threat of being publicly shamed as a 'racist' is an effective weapon that anyone/group could exploit in the U.S. And in a profession, like LE -- when what another LEO does reflects on all LEOs & the justice system -- it is a VERY effective weapon against all LEOs & the justice system.

Also, being shamed if you don't take everything that is reported at face value is another effective weapon that terrorists -- foreign/domestic/governmental/political -- could exploit.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Don't know what you mean?

This guy may be a lone wolf - - - but, he had a lot "fuel" in his pscyh.

From Gangsta culture to BLM.

Of course black lives matter, all lives matter - - - its the attitude an approach they're using that fuels negative emotions.

Are we seeing professional black people, like doctors, educators, etc - - - being promoted as achievements for blacks?

NO, just a lot of BLAMING other people is what I see.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Last week there weren't dead cops....

One subject per thread....even that usually doesn't work
.... as your comment shows.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Nothing....except morph it into All Lives Matter.

Everyone's lives matter...let it begin here...

It's been tried. It's been labelled 'racist' by the BLM. Frankly, again, it's in the black community to lead these changes, from what I can see...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

Do what they neglected to do to the Nazis before they started their race-crimes. Don't let them censor dissenting voices through coercion and violence, and slay their propaganda in free and open debate.

Well said. Then again it's the people's job/duty....gov't is clearly unfit for the task at hand.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
I'm black, and frankly I do not subscribe or condone a lot of what BLM does. Nor do I like their silence about violence in inner cities.

I do however, believe that yesterday's attack was coordinated with the full knowledge of the US Government, and BLM was set up to take the blame. If I see evidence stating other wise, fine, but this looks too much like a PSYOP for me to fall for the bait.

Any fool with common sense knows that if any attack happened to LEOs by BLM it would be counter productive to their movement. Who benefited from those LEOs being killed? BLM surely did not, if anything it helped to pretty much kill their movement.

The problem I have with that scenario is then why, WHY, does BLM use that violence condoning rhetoric? Not to mention The Black panther movement? If it IS a Psyop, then these groups act like they've been hired to do exactly what they are doing.

Sorry, but you'll have to provide evidence to back up your suspicion...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Don't know what you mean?

This guy may be a lone wolf - - - but, he had a lot "fuel" in his pscyh.

From Gangsta culture to BLM.

Of course black lives matter, all lives matter - - - its the attitude an approach they're using that fuels negative emotions.

Are we seeing professional black people, like doctors, educators, etc - - - being promoted as achievements for blacks?

NO, just a lot of BLAMING other people is what I see.

Are you saying that their complaints are not legit, of so then that's the problem right there as I said before, these complaints are not new, they go back decades but ignored, mass instant communication and recording devises made it possible, and I don't know if the people doing the shootings are gangsta or much more political the two are not one and the same.
And as for Black professionals being promoted as examples and path ways to success ,yes they are doing that, but one would have to subscribe to so-called Black media , for as sure as the next dawn it is sparse in majority media.
Some of you guys are educators how many of you knew that for the past 7yrs a Black prep school have been graduating male students from Chicago to L.A at rates of 100% with scholar ships to ivy league Uni, I am not talking rich or even middle class kids but, kids straight from the streets of Chiraq and straight outta Compton or Inglewood, out side of me telling you this, very few would know or even care.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hi...I do agree on your points....but I wish this wasn't about race...but unfortunately... it appears to be.

I'm trying to be impartial for the sake of man....but your points made are valid ones.

Thanks Annee

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sorry, but you'll have to provide evidence to back up your suspicion...

Let's just let it all shake out and see who is really benefitting from it. It won't be black people. It won't be white people. It won't be law enforcement.

It will be a divisive political agenda.

Will motive and circumstantial evidence go very far to satisfy your request for evidence? We aren't going to get more evidence than that when no formal investigation against those benefitting most will ever take place.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Frankly, again, it's in the black community to lead these changes, from what I can see...

Yes they do.

America is a melting pot. We've had Asian slaves Shanghaied for work, we've probably had more diversity in cultures then any other country.

Why do the other cultures manage to be successful? Even Mexicans are respected workers.

The black community (as a whole, not individuals) needs to change and take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming others.

That's my finale say.

CULTURE - - - not skin color.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Hi...I do agree on your points....but I wish this wasn't about race...but unfortunately... it appears to be.

I'm trying to be impartial for the sake of man....but your points made are valid ones.

Thanks Annee

It is not about race.

It's about CULTURE.

There are many successful black people.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: supremecommander

Hey, this is normal.

Every other shooting threads on ats is a false flag, secret government agenda or under cover ploy to disarm and staged disasters... Just not this time .

a shooting during a blm march has: 0 ambiguity or conspiracy, 0 threads popping out stating secret government agendas etc... None. Even though the shooter's house had more ammo, jacjets, bomb making devices, and a journal, and 0 affiliation with blm...

You as a self professed black person shouldn't be surprised . So instead of a conspiracy site and its users being inquisitive, as usual in these types of event, questioning whether or not the scum was a government shill or if there is some type of false flag to gun control; we see threads like "what to do with bml" or "hey African Americans" thread.

Theres discriminatory sentiments even in the conspiracies of conspiracy enthusiasts concoctions.

Damn! Then where the hell is my pay check???

Seriously, my concern was how fast this could go downhill. Pretty much everything else is...

I'm a damn truck driver...no more. Honestly....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Frankly, again, it's in the black community to lead these changes, from what I can see...

Yes they do.

America is a melting pot. We've had Asian slaves Shanghaied for work, we've probably had more diversity in cultures then any other country.

Why do the other cultures manage to be successful? Even Mexicans are respected workers.

The black community (as a whole, not individuals) needs to change and take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming others.

That's my finale say.

CULTURE - - - not skin color.

The conversation should be honest enough to include your opinion. So, amen to that.

This isn't chemo where the cure didn't work at no fault of the patient -- the cure, in this case, can only work with cooperation of the 'patient.' There should be some expectations since we are all kicking in on this cure.

I don't expect everyone to have it in them to overcome trauma and discrimination at the same pace. But I expect everyone --on all sides -- to set goals and work TOWARDS them at SOME pace.

I don't think honesty is really allowed in the 'national conversation on race.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join