It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Statistics are important, yes.

Like, for example, statistically speaking in terms of the American population, Blacks comprise about 14%. Yet, the number killed by police is DOUBLE that, and the number of Whites killed is about 25% lower than their demographic proportion.

Further all the heightened statistics for Black arrests show is that the issue of likely racial disproportionate actions carry over to arrests. Would you like to speak now of the disproportionate number of convictions? Of the prison population? Yes, statistics can be telling.

Number of White Americans is about 76%, actually (hint, some Hispanics are also White).

Also, the complaint is not purely about who is being killed but how and why. People are being ambushed, shot in the back while face down, shot while carrying no weapons, shot while sitting in their car reaching for ID, etc. etc.

It's not the numbers, per se, it's the reasons why.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nevermind that what is at the heart of the BLM movement has no economic or educational bounds. That right there invalidates the premise entirely, from the get go.

uhmm, why should it?....are you black?....do you know what they go through each day?....you don't have a clue, do you, and yet you are such an authority on it, that you pronounce judgment.

I'm 100% sure you misunderstood what I wrote.

What I meant was that it invalidates the premise posed by that one poster. Not that it invalidates BLM.

ok...I did misunderstand you

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Look at the group closely.

Like Obama, they say one thing publicly, but behind the scenes what do they really think and want to accomplish. Two of them believe in black liberation theology the stuff Jeremiah "Damn America" Wright taught in the church Obama attended for twenty years. So, I don't know.

If you look up organizations, black militant groups, black activist organizations, you will find literally hundreds, some espousing some pretty violent and/or agitation-style methods.

Let whites decide they want to organize and become activists in behalf of some perceived imbalance, and the government would be all over them.

Things are not what they seem.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: charlyv

Statistics are important, yes.

Like, for example, statistically speaking in terms of the American population, Blacks comprise about 14%. Yet, the number killed by police is DOUBLE that, and the number of Whites killed is about 25% lower than their demographic proportion.

Further all the heightened statistics for Black arrests show is that the issue of likely racial disproportionate actions carry over to arrests. Would you like to speak now of the disproportionate number of convictions? Of the prison population? Yes, statistics can be telling.

Number of White Americans is about 76%, actually (hint, some Hispanics are also White).

Also, the complaint is not purely about who is being killed but how and why. People are being ambushed, shot in the back while face down, shot while carrying no weapons, shot while sitting in their car reaching for ID, etc. etc.

It's not the numbers, per se, it's the reasons why.

This statistic is fiction but yet people believe it to be true. First many Hispanics are grouped under the label of black. Wasn't until recently they were even considered a seprate catagory. Now for thr crI'm statistics they are based off reports from major cities like New York. Yes there is a disparity UT it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with wealth.

There is a difrence by race on what crimes are committed. There fore what ever crime statistic you look at you need to take that in to account as well. If you look at drugs for example what areas have thr most problems with drugs of course inner cities. Since blacks make up the majoRuth of residents in these areas they make up a majority of arrests. If I was to look at kidnapping whites make up thr majority well above the other races. Each crime has to be looked at individually and not as a whole.

Then there's the fact anyone can manipulate statistics I saw on one website using New York crime statistics they made thr claim that if New York where all white there murder rate would drop by 90 percent. See here's the problem making that claim yes blacks committed most if the murders in New York City however if whites moved in the statistics wouldn't change. The poorer areas in New York are largely black areas and thr whites living there are upper middle class and the wealthy. Of course they comitee less murders usually domestic violence related.

Bottom line is crime statistics mean nothing what should be looked out is wealth disparity this is what leads to the perception of racial inequality when it doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Question. Don't government-quoted statistics usually lump Hispanics as White?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And that is just one of several problems the BLM refuses to confront in the American black culture.

YES! CULTURE!

Not skin color. There are many people of dark skin that do not behave that way.

Asians were brought here as slaves too, but overall are respected as a people/race.

What is the difference?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm black, college educated, what you would call successful.

Every single thing you've listed, I have dealt with or seen with my own eyes, including the "acting white" stuff when it comes to education...I was told that a few times, and also that I "talked white" because I speak in the manner that I do...however, I did not let that deter me or railroad my life. so I am not arguing that at all. I totally agree that this should be something that should be stomped out, and it is one of the reasons why I do not support BLM because they limit their outrage to police brutality and a few other platforms that could be solved with a bit more personal responsibility while remaining silent on things like the devaluation of education & black inner city killings that are happening at an alarming rate. My disgust with BLM, as a black man, is because they brush aside that issue. It is an issue that is personal to me because I was nearly killed in a drive by shooting many years ago in my old neighborhood that had nothing to do with me. I deplore black on black violence. But when confronted about this, BLM & their supporters brush the issue under the rug and it infuriates me that all of this energy can be directed towards battling police oppression and not even 1/10th of it can be directed towards keeping people from killing each other.

That being said...my original point to you was about the reasons why so called "white guilt" is happening in the US....not the reasons behind the perpetual poverty in inner cities. I know that all too well....and I know that it is NOT exclusive to black people. Do you?
edit on 10-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Enlighten us.

How do they think? Are you black?

I am not telling you how they think. I am telling you what will happen when you refuse an education, have multiple children at too young an age by multiple men, and then blame everything else for why your lives are not exactly wonderful and your children grow up out of control.

As I said, it will happen to any ethnicity, but it seems to be embraced as culture in the inner city.

You do realize that not all black people fall under that blanket you just threw out, right?

I, and many of the black people I know, did not refuse education, have multiple children, or blame whitey for anything.

This is what irks me. when people like you speak in such general terms and lump all of us together.

and what you described is NOT exclusive to "black culture". You seem to pretend that there aren't millions of white americans on welfare right now who do the same exact crap as the black people you're describing!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

Every single thing you've listed, I have dealt with or seen with my own eyes, including the "acting white" stuff when it comes to education..

Just want to mention it doesn't happen only in that CULTURE.

I'm white, grew up in an all white middle class neighborhood (I'm 70, so different time).

BUT, in my high school it was "uncool" to be a good student. I saw many white kid's grades drop to failing - - just to fit in.

Parents are so important.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

madame, education devaluation, poverty, bad parenting, violence, etc is not exclusive to any culture.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

First of all, there are plenty of Hispanics who consider themselves "White" as such things go ... "Hispanic" is not now, nor has it ever been "a race."

But fine. I don't disagree that race is a stupid parameter to measure crime by. I see you didn't take exception with the post that tried to make it seem as if Blacks commit more crimes as a race, but I'm sure that's just an oversight.

Finally, because statics can be used in misleading ways doesn't invalidate the use of statistics; that ridiculous.

If guns don't kill people, statistics don't lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

madame, education devaluation, poverty, bad parenting, violence, etc is not exclusive to any culture.

Absolutely!

But, to me, that "Gansta" Culture is negative and harmful. And no it is not exclusive to one race - - but, it is promoted (only word I could think of) by a black culture (specific, not all black people).

Plenty of "white trash" (again descriptive phrase) - - - but, they aren't reaching kids in the same way.

Believe me, I'm about SOLUTION, not blame. What can be done?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hispanic is an official race according to EEO and US census.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe make an effort to relate to what it is they are trying to accomplish?.

Maybe try to understand and accomodate them if their demands are reasonable.

I don't think that asking not to be killed for simply being black is an unreasonable request.

I have seen the difference between the way white people and black people are treated by the authorities.

It's actually a war between the rich and the poor it seems.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Absolutely!

But, to me, that "Gansta" Culture is negative and harmful. And no it is not exclusive to one race - - but, it is promoted (only word I could think of) by a black culture (specific, not all black people).

Plenty of "white trash" (again descriptive phrase) - - - but, they aren't reaching kids in the same way.

lol what the hell did i just read?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

originally posted by: Annee

Absolutely!

lol what the hell did i just read?

It wasn't addressed to you, so guess its on you to figure out.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Yes, I understand that. I think I pointed that out by mentioning both individuals who do not embrace it and how they tend to be treated and by mentioning that those hallmarks are not race exclusive although we too often get told they are by the well-meaning.

It is instructive when you do a comparison and discover that by and large people of African descent who come here from other countries (like I believe you have mentioned that you have) tend to do better in every category than blacks who are native to this country mainly because they have not absorbed/embraced any of those hallmarks of a failing culture.

I would guess you believe that education is important, that you are a father to any children you have and are likely with your wife/their mother, that you present yourself as a strong authority figure in the house and are raising your kids with a strong role model of just exactly how a man should conduct himself in a civilized society.

The family across from us does the same and there are several families just like that in the school we send our son too, but by and large because of those things, you are likely also verging on middle class if you aren't firmly middle class which means you aren't stuck in the inner city living in poverty too.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Hispanic is an official race according to EEO and US census.

Ah, so you support the claims of the Federal guvment when it suits? Eh?

Census 2000 considered race and ethnic data as being separate and distinct. One question in that Census asked respondents if they were Spanish/Hispanic/Latino or not. Another question asked respondents to report the race or races they considered themselves to be.

Oops.

The format for the collection and presentation of race and Hispanic origin (ethnicity) data in the Census 2000 Special EEO File may not match the format for previous and future data collection and reporting activities with respect to civil rights enforcement and monitoring. Thus, the EEOC is providing the following guidance to maintain essential information on both race and ethnicity (Hispanic origin) from Census 2000 for the Special EEO File for civil rights purposes.

Try again.

EEOC - Introduction to Race and Ethnicity

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Black people are told often to apologize for the actions of individuals.

I have heard many times racist people say the successful blacks need to go teach the inner city ones how to conduct themselves. As if I am responsible for other individuals.

No one ever tells successful whites to go into trailer parks and high crime areas with mass white poverty and tell them to stop doing meth and get off of welfare. No. They just like to pretend that these peope don't exist, and drum up the idea that the blacks and hispanics are keeping America from being a white utopian society

Really? The ONLY reason I suggested that the 'black community' be the ones to take the forefront on this is SOLEY due to the fact that any opine/act from outside the community is met with scorn and finger pointing and labeled as 'racist' for 'daring to malign ANY black group.

Also, I've never heard, seen or suggested anyone from a successful black family to go on 'mission' to the ghettos.

Frankly, the majority of your 'whites'-kind of racist in and of itself...
- ignore both. your 'pretend don't exist' is really none of my business....any ethnicity for that matter.

White utopian society?? Now your sounding like you write speeches for BLM. An utterly bullsh*t comment.

Side note. From what I've seen from the posts, the inertia of society is not going to do anything to nip this act in the bud. It's going to take at least, one more....perhaps even more...Too bad really.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: nwtrucker

The First Amendment applies to everyone, therefore nothing needs to be done. End of discussion.

Sorry, the families of five dead cops say otherwise. Of course, if your inclined to end the discussion, then self-impose it...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join