It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I'm late to this party. What are they doing wrong, and by what authority would anyone have to "do something about it ?"

Intended or not people just died. If not them, then using their venue for ill.

All I can say is if was involved with a movement and this event in Dallas had occurred....I'd seriously consider dropping out. NO. That's too PC, I'd be GONE!

If my intended goals in such a movement were being subverted or used to promote such acts and the potentiality of more and worse, I'd not only be gone, I'd say it isn't working....it's doing more harm than good.....plan anew.

But that's just me....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Sadly...we tried in the 60s briefly with radicalization. We had the radical Black Panthers, and the White Panthers(we bombed a few things...and I got suspended from high school a couple weeks for passing out W. Panther literature)...and it appears to be rearing its ugly head again with black fists raised.

I don't know what say...I'm seeing unfinished business here....and it shouldn't be. Since my thoughts are routed in another time and place....I can only say what I see now: this will all not end well I'm afraid. It shouldve been stopped before now...

Thanks again NWT...always good discussing things with you...

Peace All...please
edit on 8-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: phone....big hands, tiny keys

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Are you saying that their complaints are not legit, . . .

First, lets get it straight. I'm talking about a CULTURE, not skin color.

Do I think its a CULTURE of blame? Yes.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sorry, but you'll have to provide evidence to back up your suspicion...

Let's just let it all shake out and see who is really benefitting from it. It won't be black people. It won't be white people. It won't be law enforcement.

It will be a divisive political agenda.

Will motive and circumstantial evidence go very far to satisfy your request for evidence? We aren't going to get more evidence than that when no formal investigation against those benefitting most will ever take place.

I'd agree with the political divisiveness. There's still the personal responsibility side of this.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Let's just let it all shake out and see who is really benefitting from it. It won't be black people. It won't be white people. It won't be law enforcement.

Will motive and circumstantial evidence go very far to satisfy your request for evidence? We aren't going to get more evidence than that when no formal investigation against those benefitting most will ever take place.

I'd agree with the political divisiveness. There's still the personal responsibility side of this.

See my comment here on that: Link

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

nah, the patriot act was written in such a way as to make just about anyone eligible to be "detained" held.The patriot act strips you of all your rights based merely on the suspicion that you might have terroristic thoughts or you might know someone who has terroristic thoughts. I guess the government doesn`t want to tip their hand too soon and risk having the patriot act revoked so they are saving it for when the # really hits the fan.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Missed it. Well said.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You too....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Pick a coastal city....

Organize the mother of all BLM protests...

Release the Krakin!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
protesters can police themselves, and they will if it is left to them...supply an open mic along with a podium at such events.

not everyone in the crowd is going to stand behind the monkey tossing crap...

ofcourse monkeys tossing crap has evolved into military tactics like sniping the 'enemy'.

riot gear angers peaceful protesters who are btw, already pissed...riot gear impresses the idea of an enemy combatant-or no?

the best way to beat these protesters into submission is to stop shooting your gun every time you crap yourself in the line of duty? and when you do, you should go to prison just like any other citizen would?

if you can't do the time, don't do the crime!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I don't know that we've ever been in sync on anything.

Different worlds and ways of thought, I guess.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Pick a coastal city....

Organize the mother of all BLM protests...

Release the Krakin!

This hat looks ugly on you man. You talk a lot of common sense but sometimes you just ... I guess sarcasm or some other wishful thinking ...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Is it not the goal of 'Black Lives Matter' (BLM) to change perceptions with regard to black people in America? Is it not their hope that other peoples of differing races perceive black people in equal terms...as equal Americans, with the same standing as other Americans of differing race?

If this is the case, then all races need to examine themselves and to analyse the issues they have, not just with black people, but with all other races too. All races have to take responsibility in a multi-racial society like America. Unfortunately, within all races of a multi-racial society there are members who prefer to promote their own racial idioms over and above that of multi-racial ones, and that helps to promote division between the differing races. It all becomes more complex when you factor in mindset and the culture it promotes.

The Declaration of Independence had racial division by practice, even though it states that it affirms certain truths to be evident, such as...

...all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
...these 'self-evident truths were not written to include any other race, but that of the 'white race. At the time of writing it didn't include Blacks, Orientals, or even Red Indians. It was a statement by the 'white' race for the 'white' race...and was a massive error.

Of course, the American Civil War had as one of its causes the emancipation of the black race from slavery, but even so, this left a simmering and festering line of racism right through American history up to the present, and it was only during the 1960s that African-Americans truly won political emancipation, with the help of other races, but particularly from white people. Nevertheless, racism still runs rampant throughout America's multi-racial society in its most destructive and divisive form...that of ideological racism.

It is 'ideological racism' which is at the heart of America's multi-racial divide. It is an illogical and a self-defeating argument to use race and genetics as a reason for hating a person, as the race and genetics of a person cannot impact on other races negatively, it is another race's 'presence' that is criticised and thought of as intolerable, and for this it requires an ideological argument that ultimately has nothing whatsoever to do with race or genetics, but more to do with the mindset and culture of the race that allegedly offends one's sensibilities. If your sensibilities are offended, part of the problem lies with you, and it is you who has to examine that response, and the reason why you have to examine that response is for the good of society as a whole, especially American society.

Just as there is no 'I' in the word team, there is no one 'race' in a multi-racial society, all races for the good of society in general, are to be considered equal. That is the goal for Americans. It is the goal for all multi-racial societies, and that takes compromise and a change in perceptions.
edit on 9/7/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I find that we should do without the concept of "race" altogether, being that it is inadequate as a theory of categorization. This is especially the case for mixed-race individuals, who often find themselves in the "other" or "not so sure" pile when it comes to the theory of race.

I'm not sure race is a valid unit of measure, here or elsewhere, and there was a time when "racist" meant someone who believes in the dogma that the human species can be divided into races.
edit on 9-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
LesMisanthrope:

I find that we should do without the concept of "race" altogether, being that it is inadequate as a theory of categorization.

If it is a category, then it is one category for everyone, and that is we are all members of the one race, the human race. The differences, which we cannot deny, are ethnicities, but for me the issue cannot be about ethnicity or genetics. The divisions in the human race are always and without exception, ideological. Mindsets are the ultimate cause and reason for racial divides. No racist can logically hate a person for their colour, else-wise, by basing their intolerance on colour, they must by that association hate themselves for their own colour. In other words, no racist has a logical and supportable argument.

It is important that race and genetics be removed from the issue and that it is confronted by an acknowledgement of what it really revolves around, which is the mindset of the perceiver, making the whole issue an ideological one. Intolerance of others based on their race and genetics is driven by an ideology that cannot have logical support of any kind. Thus to focus only on the ethnic divisions as primarily racial, is entirely wrong, and only compounds and confuses the issue. Cultures do not arise out of genetics, they arise out of mindsets, and equally, mindsets do not emerge out of genetics. Mindset is a response to one's perception of one's experience of one's environment, and out of that emerges one's culture, which is an expression of one's belief system. It's all ideological, and that is where the divisions and the intolerance arise. There is no such thing as actual racism, there is only a form of ideological racism which is actually an intolerance of mindset and culture. By placing the issue on this footing provides for a means to remedy the issue over time through proper education and by driving home the understanding that to be intolerant of someone else's genetics is just crass stupidity.

This still leaves the issue of mindset and culture, which is an entirely different can of worms, but the fallacious argument based on genetics (i.e., ethnicity) is done away with. This enables us to work out the real issues and differences which constantly beset us. I have no answer to this, as there are mindsets which I cannot bring myself to accept, because I do not accept the ideology that drives the cultures. Fact is, I am entirely within my right to not accept certain mindsets and the cultures arising from those mindsets, because they are simply ideas, and no one can force their ideas on others. I have no right whatsoever to base my intolerance of ideas on someone's genetics, which is what racism is all about. There is no argument for genetic distinctions, only ideological ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Frankly, again, it's in the black community to lead these changes, from what I can see...

Yes they do.

America is a melting pot. We've had Asian slaves Shanghaied for work, we've probably had more diversity in cultures then any other country.

Why do the other cultures manage to be successful? Even Mexicans are respected workers.

The black community (as a whole, not individuals) needs to change and take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming others.

That's my finale say.

CULTURE - - - not skin color.

and again, the "culture" is made up of many things, not just the poverty side of things, no more than "white" culture is made up of more than people in trailer parks doing meth and on welfare.

The "culture" of black americans has also produced doctors, teachers, successful businessmen and women, lawyers, etc. You are making a blanket statement.

You're a bigot. You're not fooling anyone with your passive aggressive and blatantly racist rhetoric. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Certainly I agree with you.

It is a movement of racism, as a group. They are acting in a manner that also shows cult like activity. It still sends me in absolute shock that black people still use the race card. I would not be surprised if they are receiving payment from some foreign backer to allow them to protest like they are because it would bode well to cause more unrest in America and this would bode well for a foreign threat.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When BLM first started it had the potential to be a positive thing, but they ruined that opportunity long ago. Now it is pretty much a racist organization which is doing more harm than good to their original message. They destroyed their own movement beyond redemption.

As far as the shooting goes I don't blame the movement for that. It was one person, but to be honest I am surprised there were not more or it hasn't already happened because I admit there is a problem of unjust shootings in the US by the police that is not being addressed properly and generating some extreme views that feel the police are a criminal organization which I think is not entirely unfounded. It doesn't help that they basically drone strike the guy, I know he had body arrmour, but so do the police they also have armored vehicles and tons of flash grenades tear gas and other means. I kinda feel the police are no longer police and more of a occupying military force.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It would help if Obama would condemn BLM instead of praising them.
Obama is encouraging racial divide in his country, instead of encouraging unity.
He is giving credence to an issue that does not even need to exist, and therefore validating it.

Flanked by liberal legislators, and Black Lives Matter founders Brittany Packnett and DeRay Mckesson, President Obama told White House meeting of young militant leftists that they “are much better organizers” than he was at their age, and that he is “confident that they are going to take America to new heights.”

Obama Thanks Black Lives Matter Leaders for Their ‘Outstanding Work’

Barack Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement from its critics on Thursday, saying the campaigners had raised genuine problems that should be tackled as part of criminal justice reform.

Obama praises Black Lives Matter movement for raising policing issues

Investigating hate crimes is the number one priority of our Civil Rights program. Why? Not only because hate crimes have a devastating impact on families and communities, but also because groups that preach hatred and intolerance plant the seeds of terrorism here in our country.

He also should have the FBI investigate them as a hate group.
Hate Crimes
edit on 7/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/9/16 by BlueAjah because: fixed video

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the BLM group are an 'Army-of-manpower' funded by Globalist Elite Soros... and friendly with Black Knights a group of global assassins with a goal to take out leadership who suppress Black People

the radical left in the 1960s, were also of-the same sort of Reactionary Mindset...insisting on some degree of Revolution towards the constraints of those in power (the Establishment)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join