It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
It is possible that he worded it so that he could "pass the buck" to someone else with more authority, while staying out of the way, to save his own career.

His career as FBI director will take a different turn if
Clinton were to be elected.

No way she would keep him on.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't hold my expectations and hopes too high, on this one, the record of congressional hearings in the last few decades are nothing but a pony show so the parties can look like they care.

No, hopes at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Doesn't make her 'innocent'.

And EVERYONE knows it.

Wha, wha.

Let it go. Your precious witch hunts have proven to be fruitless, time and time again.

Truly.

I wish I had such 'awesome' debate skills.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: AMPTAH
It is possible that he worded it so that he could "pass the buck" to someone else with more authority, while staying out of the way, to save his own career.

His career as FBI director will take a different turn if
Clinton were to be elected.

No way she would keep him on.

Why the heck wouldn't she? She was positively giddy yesterday after his statement.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And EVERYONE knows it.

Wha, wha.

Let it go. Your precious witch hunts have proven to be fruitless, time and time again.

Truly.

Get some practice and come back to see me. It's sad that such a childish post, such as mine, beats anything you can put forth.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And EVERYONE knows it.

Wha, wha.

Truly.

Get some practice and come back to see me. It's sad that such a childish post, such as mine, beats anything you can put forth.

Is that so?

Yeah well OPINIONS do vary with mileage.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And so the first stage of grief has begun.

Denial.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended for indictment, so they will deny and disbelieve what the FBI concluded and will lash out in anger (with possible congressional hearings) as they move through the various stages of grief.

Come back to reality, guys. It's over.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended for indictment, so they will deny and disbelieve what the FBI concluded and will lash out in anger

The sad thing about this is ,the emails don't even mean any thing,but if one sheeple brings it to the attenion of other puppets than they will follow.Now as speake, 50 more post will pop up about a conspirisie with the fbi,blah blah blah blah blah.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended

Hopefully one of the sheeple will see that the fbi did their job and write a post and the rest will follow,that's what followers do they follow and obey.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Shamrock6

Precisely:

The President has no security clearance, in the sense that other employees of the federal government do. Simply put, there is no document held by the United States government that the President is restricted from viewing for reasons of national security. It's also impossible for the President to violate a security classification; the President has the absolute authority to decide who is and is not entitled to know what is in a classified document, and may reveal any classified fact he or she deems appropriate to any person at any time for any reason (except possibly for a few narrow cases where specific statutes make such releases illegal).

There are documents that the President is not permitted to see (individual Census returns, for example) and information the President may know but legally cannot share, but these restrictions flow from statutory rules that are intended to protect personal privacy. Such documents are not considered "classified" for the purpose of national security law.

quora

This is the wrong tree to be barking up.

Follow the Foundation...

I'm quoting it in the hopes that it will force people to read it again. Trying to spin this story into it somehow means Clinton can't be elected because security clearance is a complete and utter non-starter.

Yet it's being repeated ad nauseum.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thread update.

House Oversight Committee: Comey To Testify Thursday; UPDATE: Lynch To Testify Next Week

Lynch is slated to testify before the House Judiciary Committee next Tuesday, the panel announced — her second testimony before the panel since becoming the nation's top law enforcement official last year.

Back to the topic with intermittent trolling.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thread update.

House Oversight Committee: Comey To Testify Thursday; UPDATE: Lynch To Testify Next Week

Lynch is slated to testify before the House Judiciary Committee next Tuesday, the panel announced — her second testimony before the panel since becoming the nation's top law enforcement official last year.

Back to the topic with intermittent trolling.

Ah HA !!

Now Lynch can confirm that Hillary Clinton is a proven liar.

She said she was going to take the FBI at their word didn't she.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thank you... I have been screaming this for years. Ever since I was called "unpatriotic" for not supporting G W Bush in his crusade to war with Iraq and I am a veteran. I still claim to be a moderate Republican but that beast no longer exists among the GOP. I am an outcast within my own party.

I found it extremely ironic that when President Obama started pursuing the same policies that President Bush did, that there was a total flip. All of a sudden, one side of the aisle and their supporters all of a sudden took offense to what President Obama did when they were so silent when President Bush did it and vice versa for the other side of the aisle. It was like the whole political system got turned upside down and reversed. When President Obama selected his cabinet he stocked the financial end with the same damned people President Bush had. Look where that got us...

Both are criminals in my eyes. It is a shame that the last few Presidents we have had make President Nixon look good by comparison. Which BTW President Nixon was probably the last Liberal president that we have had. Every time I hear someone call President Obama a liberal I just have to put my head in my hands and shake it.

Divide and Conquer has been the name of the game the past couple of decades and it has worked wonderfully. if only The People would get their act together and get out of Team Politics, things may get better. Until then... we are doomed and The People will have a trap on their leg. They all have been criminal in my eyes and Congress needs a great purge. But as long as we are at each others throats we are not focused on the real problems. It is the politicians who are "on the take" in my eyes and We The People have allowed it to get this deep down the rabbit hole because of our partisan fights.

/rant off

EDIT: Sorry Neo... don't mean to derail thread. Just had to get it off my chest and this Clinton thing is just reinforcing my belief.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Terminal1 because: For apology

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Indeed.

Also I'd love to see her get grilled on her and Bills 30 minute private conversation on a plane.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Really, you know that these Democratic political rats already have discover how above the law they are, all she have to do is say that is not their darn business and she will sail with the Clinton to the rose garden after elections.

I am sure that Bill and Hillary will kept her very close in the White house, she have earned her next job very well.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Anyone else find it more than a little concerning the fact that back in April Obama said basically the exact same thing Comey said yesterday?

Yeah, tell me Comey was not forced to come to his conclusion.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Comey may have been forced to come to his conclusions, but I think we can guarantee that the rest of what he said was not part of his instructions.

I'm sure that he added the carefully worded overview to prove that she broke the law and lied, and then is hoping to get called before Congress.

I wonder how he will answer the question when they ask if he was instructed to not recommend charges. It should be interesting.

You can tell from Comey's wording that he did not expect it to end with his press conference. He totally intended for that to be the beginning.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Can anyone here explain the difference to me between "Extreme carelessness" and "Gross negligence" as used by the FBI in regards to the email case.
edit on 6/7/2016 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno

They are equivalent according to legal experts I have seen interviewed. And they all think that Comey should know that.

And I think Comey worded it that way intentionally. I think he wanted people to know she broke the law.

His entire contradictory press conference was to send a message. He was doing the best that he could under his constraints and with the dilemma he was in. He was in a hard place.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Indeed.

Also I'd love to see her get grilled on her and Bills 30 minute private conversation on a plane.

The "official" versions will be ....

"we were discussing our *frequent liar miles* ".

link   
a reply to: JustXeno

1.failure to give sufficient attention to avoiding harm or errors; negligence:

"most road accidents are caused by carelessness on the part of motorists"

Gross negligence is a legal concept which means serious carelessness. Negligence is the opposite of diligence, or being careful. The standard of ordinary negligence is what conduct deviates from the proverbial "reasonable person."

Have no clue.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thank you, That's what I was thinking.

While I was watching the FBI conference I was thinking along the lines of what you've outlined in this thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join