It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MotherMayEye

At first I jumped the gun too and thought the FBI was corrupted. But the whole press conference seemed "off". I started to realize that what Comey did was a calculated move in a very difficult situation.

Stage 3, bargaining.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The GOP is going to attempt another "Benghazi"-like investigation because they are in denial.

That is an epic FAIL of reading, and comprehension.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

t's interesting how many people said they would know the system is rigged if

Yeah it was rigged.

Because Lynch was on record about 'recommendations' before yesterday.

Well, yeah it's rigged. Nothing new there. Stop putting faith in a rigged system. Congress will do nothing but protect the rigged system.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's like he said "screw it" and changed the last few minutes of his "recommend indictment" speech.

If he was going to recommend indictment, he could never have said what he did. We should have realized this as he was talking. If you are going to indict, you do it. You do not lay out the details publicly, as that would taint the case. A prosecutor would flip out if the FBI had already put that information out there about an open case. It would prejudice the case.

That's why he did it. This was his only chance to get the truth out - especially before the election.

If he sent an indictment recommendation to the prosecutors, his hands and mouth would be tied, possibly for good.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So what are you proposing that people should do?

Just accept it and move on, because "that's how things are"? Or try to raise their voice and not allow this to happen anymore. People have risen up for far more less.
edit on 343k2016Wednesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

originally posted by: carewemust
I sincerely hope they ask Director Comey if Hillary would be able to get a security clearance, based on what he said about her yesterday.

If his answer is "NO", then Hillary is disqualified from being President. Who wants a Commander-In-Chief that can't even attend morning intelligence briefings!

Paul Ryan and others are pushing for Hillary to have her clearance revoked until such time as she takes the oath of office. Once she's Pres, she has clearance automatically.

That would be better than nothing. Hopefully some additional punishment will be applied to Hillary. It sets a bad example when the DIRECTOR of the FBI says on live television that Hillary should not be punished like other people.

You know that whole lot of law-breakers, and would-be lawbreakers, are now lining up for "punishment waivers", using Hillary Clinton as their precedent/reason.

edit on 7/6/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/6/2016 by carewemust because: Get Me a "Hillary Get Out of Jail Free" Card!!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The GOP is going to attempt another "Benghazi"-like investigation because they are in denial.

That is an epic FAIL of reading, and comprehension.

From your source:

“Since Republicans disagree with his recommendation, they are doing what they always do — using taxpayer funds to continue ‘investigating’ their baseless claims in an effort to bring down Secretary Clinton’s poll numbers,” Cummings said in a statement. “The only emergency here is that yet another Republican conspiracy theory is slipping away.”

Cummings is right and he would know. He sat through the failure that were the Benghazi hearings.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

t's interesting how many people said they would know the system is rigged if

Yeah it was rigged.

Because Lynch was on record about 'recommendations' before yesterday.

Well, yeah it's rigged. Nothing new there. Stop putting faith in a rigged system. Congress will do nothing but protect the rigged system.

Just like Clinton and the current Potus were out campaigning yesterday that takes weeks of preparation.

That skated on Fast, and Furious.

That skated on Benghazi.

That skated on PRIVATE email serves, and RECKLESS handling of classified materials.

Not a single thing has stuck.

I wonder why that is.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed. The clearance HRC may or may not hold at the time
is indeed revocable. Under the circumstances, it would
be "stripped" from her.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Why don't you READ the last two links in the op?

Other than it doesn't fit the FALSE narrative you spun.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You do know their goal is to get you worked up and waste your time arguing with them, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

So what are you proposing that people do?

Just accept it and move on, because "that's how things are"? Or try to raise their voice and not allow this to happen anymore. People have risen up for far more less.

I am suggesting people accept it and stop being so flipping selective about when they raise their voices in opposition to a corrupt system.

If anyone dares suggest that republicans have gotten away with criminal behavior using the rigged system, they're called trolls. But until people hold both parties accountable -- each and every time something like this happens -- we'll always be held hostage in this corrupt system thanks to partisan-blindness.

Hillary supporters turn a blind eye because Bush supporters turned a blind eye...and on and on it goes in a vicious cycle.

Case in point: Yesterday, I suggested that Trump's discussion with Bill (link) was as meaningful as Loretta's discussion with Bill....but that suggestion fell on deaf ears because Trump belongs to the 'right' side.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Why don't you READ the last two links in the op?

Other than it doesn't fit the FALSE narrative you spun.

I've read em. They are worthless. Don't mean much.

I know you are trying to deny what is happening, but the GOP is potentially setting us up for another Benghazi-style witch hunt.

Your leaders may spend our money on another failure.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You do know their goal is to get you worked up and waste your time arguing with them, right?

I am aware.

Required reading for ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If he was going to recommend indictment, he could never have said what he did. We should have realized this as he was talking.

Of course.... Good point.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thank you for that. Most useful.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I am aware.

Went from denial to anger, I see. Have to call me a troll?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Big difference now.

The proven perjury and proven lies are already there.

Seems Hillary backers are already experiencing 4 of the 5 stages of grief simultaneously.

I can't wait for comments and wisdom from my favorite Congressman Cummings !!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I am aware.

Went from denial to anger, I see. Have to call me a troll?

Guilty conscience ?

I don't recall mentioning anyone by name.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the expression
of disgust with corrupt people in office is not going away
anytime soon...This is the season that is upon America.

The Clinton's have been mired in tawdry politics their
entire life. She has an unfavorable rating that TOPS
trump in the dishonesty area. This is not going to
change, it only gets worse from here.

The Bernie supporters are not going to be quiet either.

And if Trump wins, surely we will see threads as never
before on the evils of the GOP, and everyone I dont like
is Hilter.

Sigh.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join