It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just a reminder:

Presidential pardons can be granted anytime after an offense has been committed including before, during, or after a conviction for the offense. If granted before a conviction is given, it prevents any penalties from attaching to the person.

Comey laid out the offenses.
Hillary will not be prosecuted.
Obama will pardon those offenses.
Hillary will not have any penalties attached to her.
She will have full security clearance going forward.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Just a question that I am sure has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere.

Can Hillary still be charged with Perjury?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Precisely:

The President has no security clearance, in the sense that other employees of the federal government do. Simply put, there is no document held by the United States government that the President is restricted from viewing for reasons of national security. It's also impossible for the President to violate a security classification; the President has the absolute authority to decide who is and is not entitled to know what is in a classified document, and may reveal any classified fact he or she deems appropriate to any person at any time for any reason (except possibly for a few narrow cases where specific statutes make such releases illegal).

There are documents that the President is not permitted to see (individual Census returns, for example) and information the President may know but legally cannot share, but these restrictions flow from statutory rules that are intended to protect personal privacy. Such documents are not considered "classified" for the purpose of national security law.

quora

This is the wrong tree to be barking up.

Follow the Foundation...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the expression
of disgust with corrupt people in office is not going away
anytime soon...

I didn't say it should and I don't even advocate such a thing.

I SAID...the expressions of disgust should not be so selective based on partisan politics.

Geez. It is just a fact that neither side ever has a leg to stand on because both sides are so selective when it comes to holding corrupt feet to the flames. Hillary supporters say it all the time, "Bush & Co. got away with it, too!" They are telling you directly why they refuse to take the disgust seriously.

If people would neuter that argument, then your disgust might be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

See. I told ya you guys were setting us up for another Benghazi.

Thanks for admitting it.

I don't recall mentioning anyone by name.

True. You hide behind the T&C's and like to take pot-shots, when we know exactly who and what you are referring to.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Just a reminder:

Presidential pardons can be granted anytime after an offense has been committed including before, during, or after a conviction for the offense. If granted before a conviction is given, it prevents any penalties from attaching to the person.

Comey laid out the offenses.
Hillary will not be prosecuted.
Obama will pardon those offenses.
Hillary will not have any penalties attached to her.
She will have full security clearance going forward.

President of the US does not have a security clearance.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Just a question that I am sure has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere.

Can Hillary still be charged with Perjury?

If we had a 'reasonable' prosecutor. She would be.

But don't hold your breathe.

Nothing seems to touch her.

She's as 'pure' as the undriven snow.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

For now, that is.

I am confident if Trump wins, this bitch will be getting what she deserves.

Only then, the justice will be served

link   
a reply to: introvert

Pot shots like THIS ?

The congressional GOP, and Right Wingers in general, have a problem with letting things go, as we witnessed with Benghazi.

link   
Some people just can’t stand losing or accept the word No.

And the republicans are acting far worse than children. Here is what is the break down as I understand such.

This all started with one embassy attack and ultimately, causing the death of 4 people. That is all, and the administration, in an attempt to try to calm the fears of the public, lied to them, and repeated said lie, and when it came out that it was something else, got caught. Congress wanted someone to blame, and going after the President, was not something that they could do, so they decided to go after then Sec. Clinton. And it was a back and forth thing, in committee, and each time the Republicans thought that they had something, it turned out to be a dead end. Then it came out that Rep. Trey Gowdey had tampered with the evidence in an attempt to make Clinton look bad.

Now that should have ended the committee, and the investigation, but the Republicans were not happy, still intent on taking her out politically by any means necessary. However, they then claimed that she did not follow the rules, another lie, as the rules were not in place when it came to the emails and private servers. It was after Clinton left office, that the rules were changed. And then the claims of getting classified information came out, yet no one is calling for say Powell’s head, as he did receive such via public server, and did not even turn in all of his emails at all. Nor are the calls to investigate Rice’s emails and how she handled classified information, even when it came out that she too also received and transmitted classified information via a public server, which was not secure.

Nor is there any calls for investigating Cheny, who is known to have deleted over 30 thousand emails from White House servers, or as long of an investigation for the 13 attacks on US embassies around the world with 60 deaths under Bush, or any prior presidential administration. The investigations were quick and it was over, so one must ask why has this one, the Benghazi investigation, having gone for over 700 days, why are they so bound and determined without any proof of wrong doing, even when all of the reports state that Clinton did no wrong, why are they so bent on destroying her political carreer?

The FBI works with the Justice department, they cannot charge, can not prosecute, only advice and hand the evidence over to the Justice department, who can charge and prosecute. However with all of this political interest, and the Republicans pushing, is it any wonder that they are making this statement now, concluding the investigation and closing their books on the matter.

But there is one other thing that the Congress fails to understand and tend to ignore, and this should be stated: There was never going to be a public trial, the public would never see the evidence, nor would the people in the congress. They would have grumped and complained, but the reality is that this was never going to be. And it would have gone like this: Let’s say for arguments sake, that the evidence was there for conviction. The trial would have been private, all those involved would have been under a gag order, we may have heard the sentence if found guilty, but beyond that, nothing more. The government would have stepped in and had such locked down and ultimately the Republicans would still not be happy, as it appears as though they were hoping for more of a public humiliation. And if she was found not guilty, then they would be demanding hearings on the Judge and the attorney who prosecuted her and so on.

Ultimately I do not believe there was evidence enough to convict her, and if they are going to call for justice, are they sure they want to open up that can of worms, and go after prior administrations for misdeeds and problems that are along those similar lines? Would they be so happy to see former presidents Bush Sr, and Bush Jr, being summoned and taken into court, along with their staff, to face trial and possible jail time as well?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Once again a member of the elite has circumvented the rule of law and 'discovered' a heretofore unknown loophole - Hillary is too ignorant to prosecute.

And now, the GOP wants to call in the FBI Director for a convo.

Comey don't play that.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

My long posting history proves I am not partisan.

Now, onto the good news. Folks, this is happening.

Comey will be in congress on Thursday.

Congress Summons FBI Director To Appear

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Any justice will be had at the voting booth.

Not on capital hill, and that goes even for Trump.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Pot shots like THIS ?

It's not a pot shot if it's true. Also, that is a general statement. You calling other members a troll is not a general statement.

Oh, and I do apologize if I have hurt your feelings. I know the last two days have been very emotional for some people.

It's ok though, we will get through this.
edit on 6-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's not a pot shot if it's true. Also, that is a general statement. You calling other members a troll is not a general statement.

Quote it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I am confident if Trump wins, this bitch will be getting what she deserves.

I'm not and I don't know how you can be so confident. Trump's record as a democrat and friend to the Clintons is far longer than this election cycle's worth of rhetoric.

Trump and the Clintons have washed each other's hands too many times for me to be confident that he isn't controlled opposition. Throw in Trump's successful efforts to drive people away from the republican party (to the benefit of democrats, of course) and his alienation of all kinds of important voting blocs -- that's meaningful stuff ...whether you think it will hurt his chances or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A good outcome would be for Congress to assign a special prosecutor after Comey fills them in.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: NthOther

You do know their goal is to get you worked up and waste your time arguing with them, right?

I am aware.

Required reading for ATS.

You are calling other members trolls for simply debating you on the topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

When we know that hillary's campaign is being heavily funded by Saudi Arabia, I'd think twice if I wanted to prosecute that criminal, I wouldn't want to die in a terrorist attack or die of a natural cause...and she would still get away with it

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: BlueAjah

When we know that hillary's campaign is being heavily funded by Saudi Arabia, I'd think twice if I wanted to prosecute that criminal, I wouldn't want to die in a terrorist attack or die of a natural cause...and she would still get away with it

And remember...Good ole faithful Huma Abedin will probably have a valuable position on Hillary's staff. She's muslim and was raised in Saudi Arabia and has Brotherhood connections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join