It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It seems quite a few people are not happy with yesterdays results. Not going to rehash what we already know. Clinton skated, and hearings are on the horizon. If this turns out like Benghazi. I am going to be snipped.

Anyhow The head of the House Oversight Comittee is calling the director of the FBI to testify before congress this week. Here is what they said.

“Individuals who intentionally skirt the law must be held accountable. Congress and the American people have a right to understand the depth and breadth of the FBI's investigation,” Chaffetz said in a statement. “I thank Directory Comey for accepting the invitation to publicly answer these important questions."

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

More:

"People have been convicted for far less," Ryan said during an interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News's "The Kelly File," saying that he thought FBI Director James Comey "was going to recommend prosecution" based on the FBI director's opening remarks in a press conference Tuesday.

Ryan: GOP will hold hearings on Clinton probe

Related Reading:

Washington Has Been Obsessed With Punishing Secrecy Violations — until Hillary Clinton

Now it’s up to voters to decide if Clinton’s email use matters

Yesterdays news is the reason we have congressional hearings.

So WHAT is it going to come down to?

Congressional hearings or at the voting booth.

My guess is the latter.
edit on 6-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Hillary problems will not go away as easy as some thought 1 minute after the Comey announcements.

He alone exposed some high impact lies that are now proven to be lies.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder if a Congressional hearing can determine if a person can be permanently denied a top secret clearance? Thus making a President Clinton impossible due to the responsibilities of the job.

A simple majority vote should be good enough as that was all Obamacare needed.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

With any luck, there will be a never ending cycle of news
up to the election day about all of HRC's perjury, lies, and
extreme carelessness with classified information, and her
"lax" state department.

With better luck, they bring her up on Perjury charges.

"Rules are for little people" indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

With any luck, there will be a never ending cycle of news
up to the election day about all of HRC's perjury, lies, and
extreme carelessness with classified information, and her
"lax" state department.

Then people look at the alternative, Trump, and vote Hillary in!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
the FBI head honcho Comey will mouth the same tripe he told the press conference...
after awhile he will duck into his shell and invoke the 5th amendment to not incriminate himself...
what he means is that he is not-going-to-reveal that divulging info would be a 'terminal' thing for him & his family

the promise kept to 'Fundamentally transform the USA ' has been accomplished !

the American landscape is next !

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But, I don't understand...

Our fellow ATS friends explained to us how hillary did not commit any crime nor broke any law. Are you saying they don't know what the hell they are talking about?

How strange and surprising. I've got one message to them.

Hillary 2016 but in prison!
edit on 354k2016Wednesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I highly suspect this is what Comey wants.

He was in a bad position, and his hands were tied. I think he made a genius move.

By exposing the incompetence and lies, he stirred the pot. Maybe he wants them to handle it outside of the DOJ. He knew the prosecutors were going to do nothing, and he said so.

I think he worded things very carefully. He spelled out that she broke the law, according to legal experts. Everyone is puzzled, but I think he was smart.

If he had recommended indictment, he would have never been able to say what he did, because it would, in most cases, compromise the case. Normally the FBI would send their findings to the DOJ, discuss, and the DOJ takes it from there. Then what would have happened? The prosecutors would either refuse to indict, or they would drag it out until far past the election, or Clinton would get a slap on the wrist and pardon from Obama. All the while the FBI would have had to keep quiet, because it was an open case.

The way he did it, he exposed the crimes. And he took the case away from the DOJ.

Genius.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And so the first stage of grief has begun.

Denial.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended for indictment, so they will deny and disbelieve what the FBI concluded and will lash out in anger (with possible congressional hearings) as they move through the various stages of grief.

Come back to reality, guys. It's over.

Let's work on something that really needs our attention.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You seem confused.

Do you somehow think that Comey said that Clinton was innocent?
That's not what he said.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's useless to discuss things with the naive ignorant hillary supporters.

Human beings are masters of rationalization. They hear what they want to hear. We can't do anything to break trough their layers upon layers of ignorance and love for that criminal bitch

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

You seem confused.

Do you somehow think that Comey said that Clinton was innocent?
That's not what he said.

That is not what I said. You must be confused.

The FBI did not recommend indictment, rightfully so considering how they handle cases like these, and they were correct in saying no reasonable prosecutor will touch this.

The congressional GOP, and Right Wingers in general, have a problem with letting things go, as we witnessed with Benghazi.

Let it go. It's over.

We got better # to do.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

He will never have a job in a Clinton Administration
after what he put on the record.

It was not a recommendation for prosecution,
but his life could be in danger all the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I truly think deep down a good deal of democrats were hoping silently that she did catch some serious heat for this...I think this just reinforces peoples view of government around who corrupt things are..

God I wish I was part of the elite....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

It's useless to discuss things with the naive ignorant hillary supporters.

Human beings are masters of rationalization. They hear what they want to hear. We can't do anything to break trough their layers upon layers of ignorance and love for that criminal bitch

I am not a Hillary supporter.

A few of us have been saying this was exactly what would happen because there is plenty of material available that shows how cases like this are handled.

It's not my fault that people seem to be separated from reality.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I think you realize your people are being out-maneuvered here and it worries you considerably.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The congressional GOP, and Right Wingers in general, have a problem with letting things go, as we witnessed with Benghazi.

Propaganda technique number 1.

www.uvm.edu...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the FBI head honcho Comey will mouth the same tripe he told the press conference...

Maybe, but it seemed to me that his press conference telegraphed the fact that he wasn't happy letting her skate.

He'll also have to answer direct and detailed questions at the hearing about exactly what the FBI found.

link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I truly think deep down a good deal of democrats were hoping silently that she did catch some serious heat for this...I think this just reinforces peoples view of government around who corrupt things are..

God I wish I was part of the elite....

We know Sanders was.

link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I think you realize your people are being out-maneuvered here and it worries you considerably.

Out-maneuvered, how?

All I have to do is sit back and watch the uninformed spit out their hatred and denial over what has been on front of their face the entire time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join