It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I hope people will listen here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Is that You?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I wish lol he is very handsome.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not to me, i'm picky i guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Christian Mingle is not a church, it's a business. As a business it has to follow the state laws. Non discrimination based on sexual orientation, as well as all those other things, is the law in the state of California.

Only LGBT Christians will search for other LGBT Christians. No one has to be exposed to anything that they aren't willing to be exposed to.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Blah, blah, blah... yet another senseless religious agenda bender.

It's clear that the world has problems... quite serious ones in fact. I witness societies all over the globe, for seemingly ever, using religions of whatever variety as a tool to gain passage of acceptance towards an individuals personal beliefs and how they are accepted among the masses.

Who cares what the masses think, as the masses surely don't care what an individual believes. With so many world issues of importance to deal with, why religion is involved with logistic planning of human occurrences in life is needed for humans is beyond my senses of logic. I know that when I am about to crash my car into another, the last thing I am concerned with is the beliefs of the world around me. Instead, I concentrate on straightening the ship and avoiding damages at all costs... naturally.

As soon as religion is brought into a problem solving equation of any sorts, it should be ignored as being credible to current crisis conditions. I read posts that single out religions, and I immediately discredit the post as having a valid point that holds any relevance to actually fixing concerns that negatively affect human beings in current times. The fact alone that this thread is about a religious website already strongly indicates that its all a bunch of nonsense.

I keep my spiritual views and how they relate to real world concerns off the table when I attempt to navigate my thoughts through possible fixes. I urge the masses to practice the same... its the only way to stop focusing on non life threatening issues that hinder progressions of humanity.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

LOL, me either.

Give me a Bear.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

As soon as religion is brought into a problem solving equation of any sorts, it should be ignored as being credible to current crisis conditions.

Pretty much is by SCOTUS.

Belief is not legitimate reason for discrimination.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hey I found the patent on their system, with a flowchart of the process.

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: awareness10

LOL, me either.

Give me a Bear.

LoL

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

well, that's not really true is it, not yet!
since they are now allowing them to join the site but treating them like everyone else, providing them with the service that was originally designed, which doesn't accommodate for same sex matches.

once they finish with their changes, that will be true, but right now, the service is worse than it was before.. for everyone.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's a dating site for religious people. It's not about exposure, it's about people's right to choose. Why didn't the gay couple make their own Gay Christian site? There are plenty out there they could even choose from.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hmm. Didn't see this coming. Another jacked thread with ridiculous BS that has nothing to do with the topic. Happy guys? Is this the result that you wanted? Most of us are tired of your overspent BS agendas.

Signed:

Most people.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ttobban

As soon as religion is brought into a problem solving equation of any sorts, it should be ignored as being credible to current crisis conditions.

Pretty much is by SCOTUS.

Belief is not legitimate reason for discrimination.

Yeah... no doubt. Any system gone unchecked to let legacy grab hold like it has leads to failure every single time. When Thomas Jefferson indicates a 20 year revolution cycle needed for a system he personally helped implement, and here we are 200 years later... well indicates its the masses fault. We will come back to repairing turmoil after we settle out who can date who with the click of a button and who is allowed to poop in which bathrooms I guess. Hmmm... I wonder where Thomas Jefferson's religious view points would land in terms of this website dilemma? We must delve into this debate...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

It's a dating site for religious people. It's not about exposure, it's about people's right to choose. Why didn't the gay couple make their own Gay Christian site? There are plenty out there they could even choose from.

Could be the only time we agree. We should celebrate that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's a dating site for religious people.

No, it's a dating site for Christian people. "Christian" might not mean the same thing to every one who identifies as a Christian. Besides, there's no filter for any other unchristian like behavior, like divorce or sexual immorality, like sex out of wedlock. I hear Catholic girls are......, well, you know.

Christianity teaches that all are sinners, and that one sin isn't worse than another. So, why bar LGBT people from finding romance and friendship on Christian Mingle?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That's not the point. The point was that a Christian website is discriminating against Gay Christians.

Some people are acting like being Gay and being Christian are two opposite things.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Seems like a nice guy. I really respect that he felt the need to be truthful and not hurt others by lying. I also respect that he realizes that tolerance from his family means that they still love him without accepting his life choices. We need more of that in this world, on both sides of the debate. I do not hate gays, but neither do I accept their sexual behavior. It's possible for one person to like/love/befriend/etc another while not agreeing with everything they do.

I feel he is misguided in that he apparently feels that he is 100% okay with God while in a homosexual relationship. The bible makes it pretty clear that the act of homosexuality is a sin. If he is involved in a fully physical relationship with his partner then he will be judged for his actions if he does not seek forgiveness and try to avoid the temptation. Straight up.

Otherwise, good video. Many *'s.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

That's not the point. The point was that a Christian website is discriminating against Gay Christians.

Some people are acting like being Gay and being Christian are two opposite things.

How is it discriminating? They offer a service for men to help find women interested in meeting and possible forming a relationship, and vice versa for women to help find men. That's all they advertised. Anyone who knows anything about sincere, devout christians knows they are not going to help two gay men or women meet to form a relationship, because they find that to be sinful.

A gay person can be a christian, no argument. But just like a heterosexual adulterer or fornicator, they are not given a free pass for engaging in sinful behaviors. And other Christians who claim to 'walk the walk' are not going to help their brothers or sisters walk down a sinful path.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One group discriminating against another while yelling 'Discrimination'.

This entire thing is getting stupid.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join