It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I did some research many Jewish and muslim dating sites do have same sex searches.

Those websites are "reconstructionist or reform Judaism", but traditional/orthodox Judaism still disagrees with same sex marriages/relations.

Just like there are some Christian denominations or "reform Christians" that also agree with same sex relations.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You do know there are gay christians don't you?.
They are christian so why moan do they not deserve to find love?.
edit on 7-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I believe the settlement requires Spark Network, LLC to include gay dating functions on all of their dating sites.

They have a bunch of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Bunch of nonsense.

So why haven't Islamic dating sites been forced to do this?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Annee

You can call it what you want. Just because you are atheist and don't agree with religions following their traditions doesn't mean they should do what you want them to do.

I considered myself a Christ believer until I was 65.

Don't bother pulling the atheist card.

Today, there are many ways of classifying the over 1,500 Christian faith groups in North America: www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I had to think about this a bit before replying and the conclusion I have come to is they as a for-profit business and need to operate that business in accordance with the laws. It would be a different story if they were an actual religious organization, but they are not. Christen is just a brand to them to attract clientele when you really look at it.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Plus it is called christian mingle not straight christian mingle so must include all christians.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Bunch of nonsense.

So why haven't Islamic dating sites been forced to do this?

Have you ever researched Muslim gays? The religion is probably more tolerant of gays then Christianity (except the extremists).

If Spark Network, LLC has Muslim sites, they will also need to be corrected to include gay dating.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I had to think about this a bit before replying and the conclusion I have come to is they as a for-profit business and need to operate that business in accordance with the laws. It would be a different story if they were an actual religious organization, but they are not. Christian is just a brand to them to attract clientele when you really look at it.

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You still changed and are now atheist are you not? No to mention that you keep saying that Christians should follow your own views. After all you yourself stated to be tired of traditions which you called "antiquated and selective thinking." So it is obvious you simply want every tradition to follow your own views.
edit on 7-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Texta reply to: ElectricUniverse

Are divorced christians okay to join the site? How about christians who eat shellfish? Wear two types of cloth? If yes you gotta allow gay christians also.
I wish people wouldn't use their own religion as an excuse for their bigotry.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You still changed and are now atheist are you not? No to mention that you keep saying that Christians should follow your own views. After all you yourself stated tired of traditions which you called "antiquated and selective thinking." So it is obvious you simply want every tradition to follow your own views.

I evolved through a long process of personal experience AND research of factual information regarding the man "Myth Jesus" is created from AND the histories leading up to the development of Christianity.

The facts and the Myth are quite different.

Beyond that - - - you continue to interpret from your own mind.

As in this interpretation: "After all you yourself stated to be tired of traditions which you called "antiquated and selective thinking.

NEVER did I refer to traditions. That is your interpretation of my statement.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Have you ever researched Muslim gays? The religion is probably more tolerant of gays then Christianity (except the extremists).

If Spark Network, LLC has Muslim sites, they will also need to be corrected to include gay dating.

Is that why the majority of Muslim nations are more extreme and have punishment for same sex relations?

in the world same sex marriage is legal in 29 countries. It is somewhere in between in 81 countries and it is illegal in 71 countries.

Status of LGBT Laws by Country

BTW, before anyone tries to twist my words. I do not condone any form of violence or punishment on LGBT community. I do agree that people should follow their own decisions, and views. But people should not be forced to toe a view even if it is deemed "reformist" or "modern".

As long as these relations do not include minors, or slaves of any type, people should be free to follow their own path.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

NEVER did I refer to traditions. That is your interpretation of my statement.

What are traditions if no "antiquated and selective"? It's the very definition of traditions.

As for you becoming an atheist. That's your choice. I have also gone through a very long process in my religious and spiritual beliefs. As for your claim that Jesus was a myth, again, that is your claim. I have also done a lot of research and found the contrary to your claim about Jesus being a myth, but again that's for another discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I wish people would stop claiming anyone who disagrees with their views must be a bigot...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I wish bigots would admit they are.
I mean obvious bigotry is obvious why no outcry about divored christians using the site?.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Because we are cruel like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Errr...because divorce is only shunned by some Christian denominations and not all?...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

riiight... disagreement is bigotry in your view... Yet again, another attempt by some to impose their own views on others by claiming "otherwise if you don't agree with me you are a bigot"...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

There is bigotry in the bible, that I am staunchly against as an atheist, however, I do not believe this company should be forced to accommodate a group they are not targeting to sell to, it's bull# and it will ultimately drive business away.

Thats the idea. If you dont conform, your hard work is doomed.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join