It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Temple in Mexico Destroyed By Jehovah's Witness

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

PWWaahahhahhhaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie. Wow Eddie, dude.

Is this the inspiration for Bashar? (I actually really like Bashar!)

life activityum pursuum individualum

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Dude. Really, don't be a blasphemer.
It isn't nice.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
You have to wonder why the headlines are all saying jehovah's Witnesses committed the murders. Almost looks like a couple of demons found a new home. I have little doubt there have been people who have become artificial JW's and committed crimes but this was not one of them.

Right, so in the face of facts, you're trotting out the "no true Jehovahs witnesses defence"

Care to tell me why none of these crimes listed here are actually crimes
www.google.com...

You are therefore incapable of accepting that human beings are human beings no matter who they ally themselves with, so I guess you just lost this contest

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Dude. Really, don't be a blasphemer.
It isn't nice.

I'm allowed to blaspheme, my God isn't insecure like some others around here

edit on 8-7-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
You are therefore incapable of accepting that human beings are human beings no matter who they ally themselves with, so I guess you just lost this contest

Then why are some in this thread blaming the religion instead of the people? You just destroyed your own logic with your own logic.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Religion is the pot in which the insanity cooks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Really? And here I thought it was Communism this whole time.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Really. And you've been wrong this whole time.

Religion is the poison. Greed and selfishness, hatred, uncalled for fear, and refusal to respect others' beliefs.

Superstition, browbeating, emotional abuse, control....misskat's story is something that happens every day. Yet you tell her she's awful. It's people like you who behave in a way that perpetuates the violence wrought by religious nutters. The JWs are not "chosen", nor are the Jews, or anyone else.

We're all here. We have to get along, be kind and calm and care about one another's feelings -----
That's all there is to it.

Failing that, our specie is doomed, and no imaginary heavenly gates are going to fix it.

edit on 7/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Right, so in the face of facts, you're trotting out the "no true Jehovahs witnesses defence"

Really!! I simply pointed out that in your old case they were not JW's.

I have no doubt people of any and all various religions have criminals amongst them. Mainly the difference seems to be the news does not say "two Baptists murdered 3 men". The fact is that most of the news reports even the ones claiming Muslims committed crimes do not check to see it they were indeed Muslim or just went to a mosque a few times...make a better story, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I've been absolutely correct. That poster flat out lied several times. When called out they backtrack.

Also, you described communism perfectly.
edit on 8-7-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They need a good ass kicking.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why did they want you to leave your husband? That doesn't sound like them...aren't they known for trying to guilt couples into staying together? I have trouble believing you.

I was a witness he was not.

None of the ugliness started until I was baptized, why would I lie?

I have also stood up for JWs on the forum,

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As I said I have two JW employees. One of them is married to a catholic and she used to be Catholic. She's been a JW for 11 years and one of her two children is a JW (He is 19 and at a place called "Bethel Construction". She said her church is very supportive of her. Where is the disconnect? The information on their site agrees with my employees story and view. (She said her husband actually separated from her and took their younger daughter when their Son got baptized but that he returned to them)

To me it seems some people may be a bit fervent with their views and that those personal views don't exactly mesh with the doctrine of the church.

How long ago was it this happened to you? I wonder if their doctrine shifted at some point in the past?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If you are pointing at me I simply backed off, because it doesnt make any since to argue with you. I am not lying, And Im sure Storm isnt either.

Your defending something you know nothing about. Your JW employee might have had a different experience than we have had, but that doesnt make us liars.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Then why are some in this thread blaming the religion instead of the people? You just destroyed your own logic with your own logic.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I said this: We have to get along, be kind and calm and care about one another's feelings -----
That's all there is to it.

You said this:

Also, you described communism perfectly.

So being kind and calm and caring and getting along is communism?

What on earth are you doing telling someone their anecdote is a lie? How the hell would you know? Misskat told the board what happened to her. You have no business whatsoever accusing her of "lying", unless you are her estranged sibling or her mother.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

He just wants to twist everything we say. Call people liars, and is just a jerk.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

E N O U G H ........

.......... with the personal back-and-forth!!! Play the ball (the thread) NOT the player!!!

If you are talking about each other instead of the OP, you are posting off-topic.

Let this stop right now.

Please post on-topic.

Do not respond to this post.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

oh wow, I just looked at your link there.

That is amazing. The JWs in the USA and UK seem to be those most prone to violence.

I'm just going to leave this here - I was just watching it, browsing youtube. It fits perfectly. Readers be warned, this is irreverent.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Why did they want you to leave your husband? That doesn't sound like them...aren't they known for trying to guilt couples into staying together? I have trouble believing you.

I was a witness he was not.

None of the ugliness started until I was baptized, why would I lie?

I have also stood up for JWs on the forum,

Weirdly enough I thought of this when I read that, I don't know why....

(Hebrews 12:1-13) . . .So, then, because we have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also throw off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Indeed, consider closely the one who has endured such hostile speech from sinners against their own interests, so that you may not get tired and give up. 4 In your struggle against that sin, you have never yet resisted to the point of having your blood shed. 5 And you have entirely forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah, nor give up when you are corrected by him; 6 for those whom Jehovah loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges everyone whom he receives as a son.” 7 You need to endure as part of your discipline. God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8 But if you have not all shared in receiving this discipline, you are really illegitimate children, and not sons. 9 Furthermore, our human fathers used to discipline us, and we gave them respect. Should we not more readily submit ourselves to the Father of our spiritual life and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time according to what seemed good to them, but he does so for our benefit so that we may partake of his holiness. 11 True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but it is painful; yet afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 12 Therefore, strengthen the hands that hang down and the feeble knees, 13 and keep making straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but, rather, may be healed.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No one should ever just think of the JWs as sweet God-bothering people who turn up on your door step periodically.

They are a huge religious business and they focus on sections of the public to concentrate their efforts on. Whilst learning sign language for my job, 9 out of 12 people were Jw's who openly admitted their next campaign was to recruit the deaf. They talked about attending conferences at the weekends in capitals all around Europe which I found strange because apart from their other activities I couldn't see how they earned their livings and paid for all the travelling they did.

Anyone who tries to destroy our ancient past in the name of their modern religion is demonic to me because they are robbing us all and censoring what we may see if we wish. I am not surprised about the veracity of these people though because with their beliefs they are clearly fanatical - but in a nice way of course.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join