It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Temple in Mexico Destroyed By Jehovah's Witness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Well then they wouldn't be angels would they, Angel, is actually the Greek word for Messenger

Ever seen "City of Angels"?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why did they want you to leave your husband? That doesn't sound like them...aren't they known for trying to guilt couples into staying together? I have trouble believing you.
edit on 5-7-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: PeterHawkes

JW isn't a religion at all though. It is a cult. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean they are bad people or good people to me. Mormon is also a cult. Anything that rewrites Jesus so he suits their own desired belief system is a cult. Not a religion.

Christianity is itself a cult.

Harte

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Well then they wouldn't be angels would they, Angel, is actually the Greek word for Messenger

Ever seen "City of Angels"?

Yes
"Der Himmel über Berlin" which it is based on is far superior, but both are fiction
what's your point ?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And that, darling girl, is the issue. It is exactly the issue. They are doing harm! You just don't see it.

Please don't presume to tell me what I do, and do not see. You have an idea that your atheism somehow makes you superior. You wear it like a crown. You may feel that way about yourself, but you shouldn't become upset when others do not.

If an atheist came to my door, I would be polite and excuse myself. Unless of course I knew it was you. You are quite hostile, insulting, and volatile, and I would be cautious about physical harm. I would indeed slam the door in your face.

Not everybody thinks your baby is cute.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Why did they want you to leave your husband? That doesn't sound like them...aren't they known for trying to guilt couples into staying together? I have trouble believing you.

Husband not religious
Husband is in league with Satan
leave Satan

Happens all the time, google it

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I not sure that is correct as their own site that was linked earlier has an abundance of information about staying with a spouse that is opposed or an unbeliever. I see nothing that recommends they leave a mate. I also googled it which is actually how I found their site and then remembered someone linked it here. It was the first result in Google:

Source

It appears the only reason they allow for divorce is adultery and even then it's up to the partner who was wronged.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Incorrect, their own site that was linked earlier has an abundance of information about staying with a spouse that is opposed or an unbeliever..

So looking for information that tells the truth about the JW's, you chose a JW site
I'm cracking up here, that is not an unbiased source
try this
jwsurvey.org...

His exit triggered a change in how fellow believers viewed our relationship. For one year, I was constantly reminded of the danger of having a willful unbeliever as a spouse.

As most did, I believed Jehovah’s people respected the family arrangement, including the marital union, even if one was an unbeliever. Yet, this was not my personal experience. While I sought to find a balance in my new role, I received great pressure to give up and leave my husband.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are an awful blight on society, the same as most other cults, We have one on our block, she's the most evil woman there

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I would limit that and say that any organized religion is a cult. Jesus didn't want anyone elevating him to a position of power. After he died people used his teachings to take power for themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Your article appears to agree with the information I posted and your article even references it. It appears Jehovah's Witnesses have clear doctrine anyone can read.

Your article seems to simply be the anecdotal situation of a person who didn't like how others in her church were acting towards her. It sounds like those people simply don't know their own religion.

To me it sounds like you harbor some resentment? I'm not even a fan of being woken up on Saturday Morning and I can tell you have a chip on your shoulder.

Edit: I have 2 JW employees. They are great people and have never once spoken to me about their beliefs unless they were explaining why they needed PTO. They don't use foul language, are never late and are very honest.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Your article appears to agree with the information I posted and your article even references it. It appears Jehovah's Witnesses have clear doctrine anyone can read.

The article I posted suggested that the JW happily break up marriages
the article you posted says the opposite
Denial, kinda obvious

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Please don't presume to tell me what I do, and do not see.

Fair enough.

You have an idea that your atheism somehow makes you superior.

Nope! I'm not an atheist. Have never been an atheist. So....

You wear it like a crown. You may feel that way about yourself, but you shouldn't become upset when others do not.

this, then ^^ I guess is directed at "you people" or "you atheists" - ????

Because I'm an agnostic. That means there is nothing to make me believe that religion is correct.
I "have an idea that" there's nothing at all to prove religion, and until such time as there is something to prove religion, it must remain in the "we just don't know" category.

Because - we just don't know.

Don't tell me what my ideas are, or what I wear like a crown, or become upset about. Just concern yourself with the facts. That's my only request.

Please.
edit on 7/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't care if this was in the name of muslim, Christian, jehova witness, judiasm, atheism...whatever!

This is horrible and an example of the idiocracy of the human race.

True but it is a joke to think JW's would do this. Anyone can say they have converted to something doesn't mean they are accepted by that group. Anyone who would become a witness would already have reached an understanding that this is Gods fight and not theirs and they are ordered to be no part of this world.

Maybe someone was studying with one of these people but I really doubt they were baptised JW's.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

JW's are forbidden divorce unless there are extreme circumstances and then the Witness cannot remarry. They are indeed encouraged to stay and become an example for the problem spouse.

I have Family members and of course all the literature comes my way.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You do realize your article quoted mine right? Don't you see the issue there?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I don't know what you're reading, or why you think a JW source would even be remotely truthful

As most did, I believed Jehovah’s people respected the family arrangement, including the marital union, even if one was an unbeliever. Yet, this was not my personal experience. While I sought to find a balance in my new role, I received great pressure to give up and leave my husband.

perhaps you can post me the writing in your link where it says that women are pressurised to leave their husbands, because I'm not seeing it

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
JWs don't operate like that. If the guys that did this were actually JWs, their congregation will probably disfellowship them.

I know, could you see them in their dress pants, white shirts and ties, doing that?

They have a church 700 steps from me.

False flag, I say.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: angeldoll

My concern is not what they believe. My concern is being openly rude and conducting behavior that is verbally abusive to a person who is doing no harm except to maybe inconvenience someone, or be annoying.

And that, darling girl, is the issue. It is exactly the issue. They are doing harm! You just don't see it.

Speaking with a sugary tone and knocking on doors to tell someone they are a piece of crap -------- and furthermore that having a Christmas tree or a birthday party will result in eternal damnation ---------------------------
honey, that is verbal and emotional abuse. That is brainwashing.

THAT^^^ is verbal abuse.

I have to step in here, I've read the entire thread up until this comment and felt compelled to reply. I have studied with Jehovahs witnesses when I was younger, to be honest I am a very logical kind of guy and what they had to tell me was something fresh and amazing at the time, having been raised a catholic.

I felt that a lot of my complaints about christianity had been answered and one of those things is they do not preach "eternal damnation"! They don't believe in hell at all and that was refreshing... They believe that when you die you are asleep. They believe in a resurrection, if you do not follow Jehovahs ways then you just won't wake up in paradise. Not really so bad... But they will never say who is not waking up, they understand that not to be their decision.

Catholics believe that if a baby is not christened and dies it will go to hell! See the difference? XD

Oh in the case of the above baby Jehovahs witnesses say they will wake up as they didn't have a chance.

Now... It's been many years since I stopped going to them, I don't hold the above beliefs it's just what both camps think... I know which I prefer and which sounds more logical. I have respect for Jehovahs witnesses. They knock on your door only because they really feel they can save your soul and bring it to paradise with them. Not really so terrible... Bless em...

Edit: On the topic of the OP, I highly doubt any JW would do this, as has been pointed out this is certainly not in their nature... A new recruit maybe, you can't say it is impossible but you also can't blame JW for that. They certainly wouldn't have suggested or condoned such acts! It is amazing to me that so much hate is aimed at JW when they are one of the most peaceful religions. Okay they knock on your door every now and then with a smile and a pamphlet, pfft... Just a quick no thanks is all you need, no biggy really.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: queenofswords
JWs don't operate like that. If the guys that did this were actually JWs, their congregation will probably disfellowship them.

I know, could you see them in their dress pants, white shirts and ties, doing that?

They have a church 700 steps from me.

False flag, I say.

Haha funny stuff, the delicate kind ladies dressed up in their beautiful dresses having at the monuments with a sledge hammer and a snarl! Lol... It's too funny to think about... Like seeing a bunch monks beating up the elderly lol

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You are missing the point widely. If the doctrine says something and it is in black and white, that means anyone who was pressuring her was not following the doctrine. So both you and that person are wrong in your views of how Jehovah's Witnesses react towards someone having an partner who shares a different spiritual view. It sounds like certain ones in her local church were pressuring her, and it sounds like they aren't aware of their own doctrine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join