It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 17...???

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Oh. So, not Jesus then?

In essence, yes the Holy Spirit. I think he means the written Word as recorded in scripture.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Right. I know what you mean. So, Paul's words and John's words are also the words of Jesus, AKA God, even though he never said them, according to you and Bo.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Right. I know what you mean. So, Paul's words and John's words are also the words of Jesus, AKA God, even though he never said them, according to you and Bo.

More precisely we say that they are words inspired by the Holy Spirit indwelling them, they just held the writing utensil. The "author" of the OT and NT is the Holy Spirit, and he used 40 some men over a few thousand years.
edit on 6-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope

I wonder how long this discussion is going to continue. I'm pretty sure, Mr, Typical, that these things have been explained to this Windword creature in kings English for about as long as he has been a member of this site. Yet, you seem to think that this discussion is your time well spent. There is a reason why I will not be wasting too much time on this site. Its been tarnished with too many insincere heathens who are only here to vent their rage against the Lord with the same dried up, old, played out arguments, while pretending to consider what your thoughts and views are on it as a believer.

Look at the views compared to the replies in threads. Many people watch that don't post. There is an audience. My Comission is not to convert people, it's to give a reason for the hope I have within me. The work of conversion is done by God. Noah preached the truth for 120 years and didn't get a single convert, but he still faithfully preached.

One man sows, another man waters, and it is God who brings the increase.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Noah preached the truth of repentance due to coming judgement for over one-hundred years and didn't get a single convert. And you think this is encouraging for you to do the same how? You gonna have to do a lot better than somebody wasting a good chunk of their life on something with no positive results pal. Maybe it is a good comparison, because the complete lack of converts is exactly what you'll most likely get here. Let me take it even further for you. By the time Noah started preaching to the world, the world was already well past the point of no return anyway. Jesus Christ compared the last days on earth to the days of Noah. It is when humanity will be at its lowest point in history that the only good thing that will come of it, is not you preaching the gospel, but God pouring out his wrath on earth. We're almost at that same point of no return. When it occurs, when God see's that what man desires in their hearts is pure sin, and he sends the strong delusion, you might as well forget about preaching the word of God, because like Noah, you are wasting your time. If you think its hard enough to get converts now, wait until God sends the strong delusion on the earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

Like I said, I'm only told by my Lord to share the gospel. I'm not told to make people convert. The Lord's will is that I share. The work of regeneration is done by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And, regeneration which didn't work in Noah's time. If you feel spending a good chunk of your time Bible thumping on this site is worth it, fine. I just don't think the story of Noah is a good source of motivation for it at all. Noah's days were like the end of days for him, meaning it was already way too late by the time he opened his mouth about God. Personally, I think this site in particular is beyond redemption, which is why you no longer see many of the older Christian members here anymore, but that's just me. Its like talking to a brick wall, its not getting anywhere.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What's the difference between talking to unbelievers here about the gospel or talking about Jesus to them face to face? It's still lost people. If you can say to yourself that the people here are less loved by God than lost people elsewhere then don't share your faith.

I don't believe that. I'll say it a 3rd time, I'm not commanded to convert the lost, I'm commanded to share the gospel. Why are you judging me?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm not judging you, if anything I'm judging your supposed motivation for spreading the Gospel. I don't recall Jesus Christ or his disciples using Noah wasting one-hundred years of his life as a source of motivation at all. It also took him just as long to build the ark, so I guess he had to pass the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

One man sows, another man waters, and God brings the increase."

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Did the Holy Spirit descend upon you like a dove and tell you in particular to go on Abovetopsecret and discuss the word of God with a bunch of swine or are you just doing it because the Bible commands us to preach it? I'm trying to get into the mindset of the average Christian who believe themselves to be on some special evangelistic mission.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Share with everyone. As I said above, if you think the lost people here aren't loved by God and Jesus didn't die for them, and it's not God's will for them to repent, then go your way. I'm stunned you're judging me, and you are. Let me be responsible to my Lord, and I'll let you be responsible to Him for your words and deeds. People are people whether they be here, in the supermarket, on an airplane, or walking down the street.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm trying to get into the mindset of the average Christian who believe themselves to be on some special evangelistic mission.

In that case my thoughts might be relevant, because I think I fit the description.
You need to remember that the Holy Spirit has many, many, different ways of working, not all of them dramatic and obvious.
There are times when the ability to do something combined with an interest in doing it adds up to a "call".
I will not go into the details of what brought me to ATS, but I recognise God's hand in it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Where did I say they weren't loved and that Christs atonement for there scum nature wasn't for them as well? I didn't' say its Gods will for them not to repent either. The fact is, if you believe we are in the end of days, then its already too late, like it obviously was in the days of Noah. I'm shining the light on your contradiction when you compare Noah's fruitless work with your work on this site. Think carefully about the implications of what you are posting before you post it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Ok, pal. Nothing to really say there, except that for many of the disbelieves, its been well over ten years of evangelizing that so far has led nowhere. At some point, you gotta wipe the crud, the dust off your clothes and move on. My patience was very thin to begin with, and its run out concerning most of unbelieving clowns out in the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Let's try another approach. Can you see my U2Us, how do you know I'm not making a difference, or are you making an assumption with incomplete information? And who are you to call these people scum? Are you better than them?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

Ok, pal. Nothing to really say there, except that for many of the disbelieves, its been well over ten years of evangelizing that so far has led nowhere. At some point, you gotta wipe the crud, the dust off your clothes and move on. My patience was very thin to begin with, and its run out concerning most of unbelieving clowns out in the world.

It's your attitude. You aren't seeing results because you are using the sword without love. The problem with your shallow harvest is you.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So now my love is the problem? Was that the problem of the many Christians on this site as well?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So now my love is the problem? Was that the problem of the many Christians on this site as well?

I can't speak for them, but I've seen you right here acting like people here aren't worth your time and calling them scum. Maybe you're having a bad day, but if you act like you're better than evertone else you won't convince anyone. The world offers that attitude everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join