It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 17...???

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

We`re all scumbags in the eyes of the Lord. I am as much scum as anybody else. The difference is I admit that I am one and repent of it, the unbeliever doesn't. They believe they are something, when they are nothing, and I can't stand it anymore.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: whereislogic

Now where’s the love in that…?

I ask you in all fairness, does that sound rational, logical, does that sound loving…?

Since those questions are based on your conclusions that start with "that means..." and "which means", you may want to consider if those 'conclusions' might have been a bit hasty based on what I said. I didn't respond in more detail because I didn't want to nag about logic again. Also because I considered the possibility of someone trying to fit my words into a prepared picture or box, but I also didn't want to go into any details about that cause it was just a hunch regarding a possible scenario. And of course because:

A rhetorical question is a question that you ask without expecting an answer. The question might be one that does not have an answer. It might also be one that has an obvious answer but you have asked the question to make a point, to persuade or for literary effect.

From some online dictionary. They can be very useful in getting people to think about something though, but not if the logic that preceeds it (or the questions are based on) doesn't add up while the questions at the end are trying to make the point, to persuade the reader(s) that someone else is being irrational and illogical (and even unloving cause of mentioning something about "love" that was related to something you said in your earlier comment but I'm not sure if I should try explaining it). I also didn't want to go into details because I don't want to have to go step by step through all the other logical options that you didn't seem to consider when you wrote "That means..." and "which means", or nag about you overlooking that when it's possible you skipped past that to make your point, to persuade...etc. And possibly give you more words to put me into a preferred box; not saying that you're doing that. Could be a number of reasons you overlooked what appears to me to be obvious if a person gives it a second thought. I'm not even that interesting to talk about.

So to sum up my answer to your last question (or part of it), no that does not sound rational or logical, especially your preceding 'conclusions' what my words meant to you (possibly as you were trying to fit me into a box in your mind, or a prepared picture of what I'm like and how I think).
edit on 6-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope

We`re all scumbags in the eyes of the Lord. I am as much scum as anybody else. The difference is I admit that I am one and repent of it, the unbeliever doesn't. They believe they are something, when they are nothing, and I can't stand it anymore.

You need to get in your prayer closet bro, you've lost your patience, zeal, and tender compassion for the lost. I mean that with love.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

Creature? Scum? Crud and swine? Oh my! What did you do to piss off your god that he would put you here among the most disgusting criminals in the universe and then tell you that you must love us as you love yourself, which seems to be quite a lot?

Seems to me that you're a total failure unto your God and his commandments to you. Sigh...you'll probably be punished by having to reincarnate again among those you hate.
edit on 6-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Originally posted by whereisthelogic
Since those questions are based on your conclusions that start with "that means..." and "which means", you may want to consider if those 'conclusions' might have been a bit hasty based on what I said.

You’ve posted various articles on Christian theology and over 10 videos discussing various aspects of Christian theology in this thread, while stating the many aspects you agreed with etc....So assuming that you are a Christian (of some description) was quite natural…IMO

But you also said this below…

Originally posted by whereislogic
I am not a member of any organized religion, but this isn't about me anyway. If those videos are not helpful enough for you, the channel those videos came from has more videos on the same subject.

So the next logical conclusion/step to make is that you are a unique Christian because you don’t belong to any other (Christian) organized religion…which is also a very natural conclusion to come too…

Are you following the logic…

If none of the above is true, then surely you can at least see how that’s a very natural conclusion for anyone to make…?

I didn't respond in more detail because I didn't want to nag about logic again. Also because I considered the possibility of someone trying to fit my words into a prepared picture or box,

No ones trying to put you in a box…Are you a man or a woman lol

Just kidding…

I also didn't want to go into details because I don't want to have to go step by step through all the other logical options that you didn't seem to consider when you wrote "That means..." and "which means", or nag about you overlooking that when it's possible you skipped past that to make your point, to persuade...etc.

See above…

And possibly give you more words to put me into a preferred box; not saying that you're doing that. Could be a number of reasons you overlooked what appears to me to be obvious if a person gives it a second thought. I'm not even that interesting to talk about.

Why would you be so afraid of being put into a box anyway…?

If your belief is the only true one, and all other Christian denominations are being deceived, then surely you should be shouting it out from the roof tops…

Oh and one more thing - that last line about you “not being interesting”; you’re quoting scripture, so that automatically qualifies you as interesting…lol

- JC

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

He says he isn't from any organized religion but he only shows JW sources and often NWT verses.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
She is the Scarlet Woman, may even give birth to the Beast.

There already is an anti Christ doctrine it's called the Pauline epistles and Christianity.

Hiding in plain sight.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888

She is the Scarlet Woman, may even give birth to the Beast.

There already is an anti Christ doctrine it's called the Pauline epistles and Christianity.

Hiding in plain sight.

That's not even close to what John said was the spirit of antichrist. He said it was 2 specific things/traits:

1: Denial that Jesus came in the flesh.
2. Denial of the relationship between the Father and the Son.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: NOTurTypical
originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888

]Defeat: She is the Scarlet Woman, may even give birth to the Beast.
Hiding in plain sight.

NOTurTipical: That's not even close to what John said was the spirit of antichrist. He said it was 2 specific things/traits:

1: Denial that Jesus came in the flesh.
2. Denial of the relationship between the Father and the Son.

I don't think DefeatDeceit was referencing John's 'potencial' anti Christ Doctrines; but instead those of Paul's; his signature soapbox based in an idea of Christ Consciousness. His as a bonafide dogma put into physical practice that has endured as a complete and utter fallacy for 1600 years? Believe it.
edit on 9-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I'm not believing anything that is contrary to the Word of God. The same John who saw the vision of the Beast empire of Revelation told us explicitly what the spirit of antichrist was. It denied 2 things, the deity of Christ and the Trinity, that God has a Son.

John defines himself, this spirit or doctrine has been going around since Jesus was alive, it will be the main purpose of the antichrist empire. Islam was started to specifically deny those two things.

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - 1 John 4:3

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

edit on 9-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes; that rascally Islam and its reason for being (a late comer to the world religions) I have been suspicious of "Intent of Insert" *A SHINY NEW* belief system inserted (by other); the unnecessary, repetitive dogma doctrine. The only reason for this insertion would be to another physical area to hasten the idea of 'Christ Consciousness" but as "Mohammed" as the prophet for Persia instead; just a little patience was needed (BY OTHERS INTERFERING) to let Christianity do its thing; there was no need for Islam at all; as Jesus and Mohammed represent the same ideology.
edit on 9-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sure it's a newcomer, but the idea behind its tenants dates back to Babylon. Nothing is new under the Sun. That black stone in the Kaaba was in the temple to Diana in Ephesus before Mecca. Nothing is new with Satan, just repackaging and different names.

edit on 9-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nothing new under the sun; if so truly, why the continuing charade? WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Nothing new under the sun; if so truly, why the continuing charade? WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Are you asking what happens next in relation to Bible prophecy?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Sure; yes, but add to it your own twist (your thoughts without Biblical doctrine telling you 'this is so'). These thoughts could include your dialog with your perceived creator or what some call your "higher selves". I have my own conversations with such entities so have an exclusive (personal/individualized) picture as to what the future for mankind holds (it is not verified by the Bible).
edit on 10-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sure; yes, but add to it your own twist (your thoughts without Biblical doctrine telling you 'this is so'). These thoughts could include your dialog with your perceived creator or what some call your "higher selves". I have my own conversations with such entities so have an exclusive (personal/individualized) picture as to what the future for mankind holds (it is not verified by the Bible).

You first

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing

Haven't you heard the good news…didn’t you get the memo lol

You see, when you’re going down a Rocky Road…

And you’re becoming a sinner….

There’s good news….

Ps - Check your u2u…

- JC

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20977144]Joecroft[/post
Nice; one can always rely on Latino cartoon hi-jinks as the true un-filtered perspective on the world (unintentional Catholic humor detected)? I love sinners in a very special way; as in finally, here is a belief system I can really get BEHIND and support.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You first

I am not answering my own question. I would be cheating you of an opportunity to think for yourself (plus I am interested in your response).

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You first

I am not answering my own question. I would be cheating you of an opportunity to think for yourself (plus I am interested in your response).

First off, how exactly do you define someone who "thinks for themselves"? Based on your previous response, I'm assuming you define it as someone who has a "personalized conversation with their higher selves" (whatever that's supposed to mean). I'm trying to gauge whether I should waste my good time with some unbeliever, because this is exactly the thing I came here not to do, converse with heathens about the word of God. I'm contemplating on waiting to have a conversation with these 'entities' you speak of so I don't disappoint you.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join