It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Sturgeon calls for Scottish Independence 2.0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
No surprise Sturgeon has called for another Independence referendum , little time wasted by the SNP leader.
If remain had won on the back of Scottish votes would England have called for Scotland's expulsion from the UK ? , Of course not.

This as a sad but inevitable reaction from the SNP , never happy with the original decision of the Independence referendum any excuse for a rerun is a good excuse for a rerun.

Nicola Sturgeon says the option of a second referendum on Scotland's independence "must be on the table" because the country faces the prospect of being taken out of the EU against its will. She says a "significant and material change in circumstances" had occured since Scotland voted to stay in the United Kingdom in 2014. But since the UK had voted to leave the EU, the Scottish government "will begin to prepare the legislation required" for a second referendum to take place.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 24-6-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think this should be a fair vote this time, since they wanted to stay in the EU..
Ireland i believe should also be able to vote for unification with Northern Ireland and they also wanted to stay in the EU..
Wales should also be able to vote for independence..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Mate, turn it up.

The only reason the exit vote got up is because of the evident lying, backsliding and bullsh!t that occurred after the Scottish referendum.

I've read in another thread today where the whole "Vote NO to stay in the EU" was a slogan of the no campaign, as I said, turn it up mate.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
And the toys are out the pram !

She's just a bitch anyway .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I fully support them. As a nation, they overwhelmingly voted to remain. Now they will be forced to leave an organisation that they wished to fully remain a part of. As such, they are perfectly entitled to renegotiate their commitment to the rest of the UK (as we have just done with the EU).

Never though i would agree with Scots Nats but there you go........

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

I still think she is eddie izzards alternate persona.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Even taking into account the North Sea Oil, Scots receive more than they contribute to the UK economy.
Without them, England is better off.
Let them go ahead and be part of Europe and we'll compete with them. We can also exclude them from any world wide trade deals we negotiate..

Gross value added (GVA) is the measure of the value of goods and services produced in an area, industry or sector of an economy, in economics. In national accounts GVA is output minus intermediate consumption; it is a balancing item of the national accounts' production account.

Scotland contributes about 7.5% of total UK GVA.
Plus they receive a disproportional amount of public spending - treated better than any region in the England.

Good luck Scotland, enjoy the ride. I think it's best that we part ways. Now England and Wales need to concentrate on world trade and growth it would be better if they didn't have to pour public service money into Scotland..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Gibraltar is also leaving the UK,

The Commonwealth is collapsing..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sooooo, you gonna import Oil tax free from the Moon people? Suuuuure, you could try..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Denoli

I still think she is eddie izzards alternate persona.

She looks more like Gordon Strachan

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Have you considered the price the Scots have paid, from a historical perspective.

Or is it just a simple case of, well the tits dry now so yeah they can bugger off anytime they like.

Sounds like a very Engerlish point of view if you ask me.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Sooooo, you gonna import Oil tax free from the Moon people? Suuuuure, you could try..

The importance of North Sea oil is vastly overplayed. It actually creates a net loss for the UK purse right now and will do for the foreseeable future. If an independent Scotland tried to screw England on price then England would increase orders form elsewhere.

Always laugh at the weakness of what Scots think is their trump card.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Have you considered the price the Scots have paid, from a historical perspective.

Or is it just a simple case of, well the tits dry now so yeah they can bugger off anytime they like.

Sounds like a very Engerlish point of view if you ask me.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Scotland are very much sucking at the English teet, receiving more from the UK than they put in for years. If they want to leave, then good, more resource for the rest of the UK. It's clear that there is a divide that can't be bridged so lets welcome their leave requests.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Your response quite clearly does not answer my question.

I would suggest you review the definition of historical, with specific regard given to the epoch of 1707.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You know the fantastic thing about physical products, you rarely deal with a fiat currency.. If the UK voted to vote themselves out of the world of Magic, let the Northern Kingdoms show them the reality you seem so eager to see..

Or even make it better to show you a clip;

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The woman has no clue and basically will disagree with anything the English or other British nations deem correct, Simply small minded nationalism from a small minded Party leader.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

You know the fantastic thing about physical products, you rarely deal with a fiat currency.. If the UK voted to vote themselves out of the world of Magic, let the Northern Kingdoms show them the reality you seem so eager to see..

Or even make it better to show you a clip;

Try to watch a little less TV and read a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Your response quite clearly does not answer my question.

I would suggest you review the definition of historical, with specific regard given to the epoch of 1707.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

History is history. How far exactly do you want to go back to determine your modern day views and policies?
I'll remind you that it is Scotland trying to break the union. My response is , 'ok then , f off'.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

How far exactly do you want to go back to determine your modern day views and policies?

I spelt that out quite clearly in my last post. And I'll Make It Sh!tloads Easier For You.

It start's at 1707 and works forward from there.

Your lack of understanding and knowledge of the relationship is quite concerning, considering your attitude.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 24 6 2016 by myselfaswell because: bloody spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Stories or facts? They have a tendency to get mixed in the world of populism...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join