It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious “Men in Black” Sightings Reported Along Muscatine Co. Roadways

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

I walk home from town when I have had a drink with the lads, often in the small wee hours of the morning, or the latest possible hours of the night. If I had nothing but corn fields surrounding the part of town I live in, I would walk through them to get home. I also cross the road a few times in order to get home.

There is nothing suspicious about a person wandering about, upon their own business and doing no harm to anyone. Show me a body or a wound on some person, tied to the man in black by some remnant of his garb, and I will consider the possibility that he is anything more sinister than another fellow like me, just making his way and meaning no harm.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And somewhere in Iowa.... a social outcast, who was on his way to a D&D game...is laughing his ass off.

Could have been me

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

came back to this thread after a bit, got to thinking about if any one has mentioned the age of the MIBs.
reason why is, i thought about the cops being interested and the fact they are on foot, and seen walking across people yards.

as i thought about this, for some strange reason Trench Coat Mafia came to mind.
wonder if the cops think there are some copy cats running around?

edit on 21-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Being suspicious of a person in a long black coat because of the actions of a small minority of individuals who have worn long black coats in times past is somewhat discriminatory, is it not?

Of course balaclavas outside of wintertime, on the other hand, are a whole other kettle of fish, as are latex gloves worn on the street and walking around in a gas mask while lugging a canister with a biohazard symbol on it.

But for goodness sake, leave the trench coats be. The damned things are flowing, beautifully cut, and usually very well lined. They do not deserve roughing up purely for existing, and nor do their owners deserve mistrust simply because they are wearing one.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

if you didn't like that, then your sure not gonna like this.check out this thread and read the story at the link.
The ‘cult’-like church whose members are accused of fatally beating a teen

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

international satanic cult

International Satanic cult you say? just like the one i tried to talk about in my thread?
During the 90s The Elites Had Sex With Children Mostly with Boys in Europe,Italy

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JetBlackStare

I walk home from town when I have had a drink with the lads, often in the small wee hours of the morning, or the latest possible hours of the night. If I had nothing but corn fields surrounding the part of town I live in, I would walk through them to get home. I also cross the road a few times in order to get home.

There is nothing suspicious about a person wandering about, upon their own business and doing no harm to anyone. Show me a body or a wound on some person, tied to the man in black by some remnant of his garb, and I will consider the possibility that he is anything more sinister than another fellow like me, just making his way and meaning no harm.

I agree. The MIB are pretty much just folk legend.
edit on 6/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Stimuli was removed, therefore so was this post.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I most certainly do not like that, not one bit. It makes me furious in fact, for a great many reasons, only one of which has anything to do with ones choice of top layer.

However this niche cult lot do not represent a significant percentage of people who wear trench coats. Unless there are a couple of hundred thousand per five million people in a given area, I really cannot see how, statistically speaking, the existence of such a cult can make a suspect out of anyone who has dressed themselves correctly.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The bit I really am having trouble with, is that the legends of the MIB used to all involve hats of some sort, and specifically fellows in suits with long coats. Yet no mention of either hat, nor suit is made in the article, so all we are left with is some fellow in a natty jacket getting picked out as somehow "other".

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wow. This is not far from where I live. I cannot believe it is getting so much attention! They are not suggesting it is anything paranormal, because it's not. They aren't MIB like the kind in suits. This is some kid or kids in a black coat, just messing around. They are probably thrilled with themselves for the attention they have attracted.

To answer someone who asked why law enforcement is interested... it is only because they have walked out INTO the road at night. Scaring drivers, more because of their dangerous behavior than the mystery of identity. Sadly, I think the media is only going to encourage them. Maybe more will join in. I hope no one is hurt because of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
a reply to: charolais

For reals?? That's awesome! We need more ATS'ers on the scene. Real time updates haha

I'll let you know if I survive the drive

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: kibric

" So who are these strange 'Men in Black' "

I hear the music, daylight disc
Three men in black said, "Don't report this"
"Ascension!" and that's all they said
Sickness now, the hour's dread

Love it although I was thinking more along the lines of...

Call me Desdenova, eternal light

These gravely digs of mine will surely prove a sight

And don't forget my dog, fixed and consequent

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If I lived in the area, I and my friends would hear of this, and join in the fun. I would venture a guess that's what's happening.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If someone is walking out to traffic at night, he is doing damage. I imagine a few drivers could freak and try swerve to miss them, and danger their own lives as a result.
And if it's because he has been drinking and just walking home, scumbag. As usual, a drunken fool who could cost innocent people their lives.

If it's a MiB, ask him where will Smith is, if he answers, you'll know to run and hide.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Don't they also tend to show up when some tragedy is about to happen (not unlike the supposed "Mothman"?)

They are all different types of a'nis'gina.

Mothmen are the same, I think, as a raven mocker.

MIBs are another sort of anisgina. They're all related but not identical. They're attracted to suffering, impending cataclysm, pestilence, war. They used to dry gulch the occasional lone Cherokee or Creek for fun. They often offer you gold, jewels, or knowledge but it's always a trap in the old tales.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What I find odd is how many MIB reportings are so close to power plants. Did anyone else notice this?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
kwqc.com...

Creepy!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Don't they also tend to show up when some tragedy is about to happen (not unlike the supposed "Mothman"?)

Speaking of songs about MIBs, there's also one that is ABOUT Mothmen that stars one in a singing role.

I give you...the singing debut of "Indrid Cold".

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Take it easy man... this could be dangerous.

If you don't have a gun get one, and get your mother a gun too.

(And try to get some grenades off the black market you may need them)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join