It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A big thank you and something of an appolgy to some members of Ats :)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: nonspecific

Goddamnit. I cannot believe I missed this.

Can you throw me a bone and do it again?

The next time I go cold turkey alcohol after 25 years and mrsnonspecific leaves me for another man you will be the first to know

I can always tell when Ive drank too much while being on here. I cringe at comming back on the next day to see how many of my posts were deleted for bad manners or worse. I was even banned once. I just usually man up and tell people Im sorry. You seem like that type of man as well. Hang in there Bro. At least your wife didnt leave you for another woman like mine did

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Oh wow!!! Hang in there, man. I was unaware. Had been thinking about you, though.

Cheers Buzzy, sometimes paths cross and sometimes they do not, was only a few months ago we t?alked about truebrut bieng our best man as it was just crazy enough to work yet here we are.

I do not suppose you need a lodger do you? I have no money for rent but come with all the tools needed to rebuld a house and am a trained chef taboot?
edit on 20/6/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I had a friend tell me once that crows were playing bagpipes and people were sliding under the gap at the bottom of a door while he was coming of the booze and that was not the craziest stuff

Glad you have turned that corner Gregg
keep your chin up things do get better
edit on 20/6/2016 by stonerwilliam because: missed a word

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That happened to me, had drinks and posted, next morning I had the white envelope lol

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

The next time I go cold turkey alcohol after 25 years and mrsnonspecific leaves me for another man you will be the first to know

I can always tell when Ive drank too much while being on here. I cringe at comming back on the next day to see how many of my posts were deleted for bad manners or worse. I was even banned once. I just usually man up and tell people Im sorry. You seem like that type of man as well. Hang in there Bro. At least your wife didnt leave you for another woman like mine did

I have been drunk here many times and also took a post ban before but this was a little different as took it a little too far methinks

We were never married and had no kids so on the whole not all that bad, it was the stopping drinking after so long and then finding out a few days later that tipped me but that is life eh?

If it was easy it would be boring.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'd welcome you with open arms....but you're in the UK, right?
If you can get here, I'll sponsor you.....for whatever that's worth.....

edit on 6/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was on 80mgs of Oxycontin 4 times daily. With 2 percocet in between for 2 years.
It made me so sick. ( 7 back surgeries in 4 month ). My body processes fast, therfore my body was going though withdrawal weekly. So one day I couldn't take it. I stopped cold turkey knowing what could happen. 2 days of sweating and sleeping. After that I got better. I felt like I had a big accomplishment.

The pain doctor was pissed. But oddly he was Swiftly removed via DEA/FEDS.
Remember, quitting alcohol can put your body into shock. Please please please recover and remain safe.👍

edit on 20-6-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'd welcome you with open arms....but you're in the UK, right?
If you can get here, I'll sponsor you.....for whatever that's worth.....

Cheers buzzy I may take you up on that

You are not a 450lb man with a beard though right?

I don't mind if you are just getting tired of suprises

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

That happened to me, had drinks and posted, next morning I had the white envelope lol

I cant believe that Bro! You are absolutely the nicest person on ATS! Now I dont feel so bad

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Lol, your so kind!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I cant believe that Bro! You are absolutely the nicest person on ATS! Now I dont feel so bad

look and see

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No, I'm a married, middle-aged, ruddy-complected redheaded woman who weighs about 120 pounds now.....

so - come on over - but be aware!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
LittleBurgh said hello😊

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Member/member

all it means is that we got carried away and were sent to the hall for a couple of days....(in school suspension).....

You are loved here. You belong.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've been thinking about you. Glad you are still hanging in there! This community is just amazing with their love and support of others! Hugs!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I have been drunk here many times and also took a post ban before but this was a little different as took it a little too far methinks

We were never married and had no kids so on the whole not all that bad, it was the stopping drinking after so long and then finding out a few days later that tipped me but that is life eh?

If it was easy it would be boring.
Ive always found your comments interesting. Maybe because I was drinking too? LOL. I did it backwards from You Bro. I confronted my wife of 13 years, after 3 kids, about her affair with a woman, and she went ballistic and tried to knife me in front of the kids. The cops came and she ran out and told them I was abusing her. My 3 kids who were 6,7 and 12 ran out and set the police straight. They kicked her out instead, and a female judge kept her out, and awarded me the home. It was rough raising 3 kids while working 50-60 hours a week, but my parents helped out. I had so much pain, and thats when I began drinking heavy in order to even be able to go to sleep. I divorced the woman I loved and missed her for years. It sounds like you will heal quickly. Stay away from the hard stuff. Im glad You didnt have kids with her.
I remember what a buddy told me after my divorce, when I told him I was worried about being an alcoholic. He said " There are worse things"

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Aww man, I missed the weird, embarrassing thread! But I'll respect you and not search your history no matter how curious i become.

Many folks have dealt with instability and substance abuse problems and there are, indeed, some golden people frequenting this site... oh that I were one of them... or you! Heh.

Hang in there, mate (that is the term in your patch of island, right? Mate?).

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hey - going "cold turkey" from alcohol is a bad, bad idea. You need to taper off.
Please do your research. Don't just "stop."

That simply doesn't work.

The trick is to figure out what's the motivation - is it a physical addiction?
A self-medication thing? A boredom-buster?

One must find a balance .... find a combination of things that help. I recently quit nicotine - working hard in the garden, relearning how to crochet, cooking nice meals.......
all kept my mind off of it.

But do NOT just quit alcohol cold turkey without supervision. It's not safe.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Glad to hear you found some working balance and feel better for it, the middle of balance is sometimes better taken slower if thats the way you want to edge... all of a sudden with many things makes us not feel like ourselves when slapped with the cold turkey leg.

It happens youve gained some experience and came out for the better having had such experience it seems so no apology needed towards me... I'm happy you learned something in that process about yourself, I'm sorry it was difficult but most lessons worth learning are, so we dont have to keep dipping back and forth from one extreme to the other for a comfortable balance.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Well, life can sometimes be extremely hard and difficult.

But things will turn up, things will get better.

Hang in there and all the best

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join