It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What majority of Muslims really believe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Willtell
Islam’s been here for over 1400 years

Much of the ME where some of Islam is centered has not had a secular revolution

SO WHAT

That’s their right.

Btw, most of Islam is centered in the Far East, Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan, and India not he ME.

If America stays out of those countries with their armies maybe those countries will not go crazy like Iraq did through the US INVASION.

Is your last name Chamberlain?

Btw...There are, in fact, very serious problems with "radical" Islamic forces in the Far East, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and India (and the Middle East and Africa...and beginning in North America and Europe).

And so, your point is what?

My point is, so what?

There always have been problems with religious strife and extremists

Probably always swill be

but…

What we have now is a problem of people going into bars and killing innocent people

That’s the problem not that there are people across the globe with fundamentalist beliefs

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Worst genocide? My vote goes with any number of the many wars that China has fought with itself over the centuries. Have you seen the casualty numbers for those wars?

But in any case, here you go. Some fun reading:
Humanity's 100 deadliest achievements
edit on 16-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Worst genocide? My vote goes with any number of the many wars that China has fought with itself over the centuries. Have you seen the casualty numbers for those wars?

Yeah that some history isn’t it!

Humankind the biggest killer in the universe

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Stop being raysis OP. You obviousl hate muslims, and are a bigt and a homosexual raysis.

obviously the majority of muslims want bacon sammiches and celebrate xmas. just ask one.

One.. you have to find one. there are a few on here who will prove you wrong, that out of 1.6 billion muslims, 1 is willing to not attack you if the timing is right.

Ugh, take it from a country that has had this for decades.... you are deluding yourselves if you justify or defend this insidious cult. The bottom line is, they, devout followers - true muslims - follow their doctrine to the letter.

Anything else said, is pure unadulterated nonsense.

49 people can attest to this, just from one devout follower, governed by his father, his imam, and his religion.

the rest is simply taqiyya designed to sedate you into submission.

What do I know, I'm only someone who lives in this world. not someone stuck in a closed off secular world of puppies and kitty cats.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

How disingenuous to post a single video that claims to speak on behalf of an entire segment of society.

Sadly, no. This attempt at broad stereotyping is ultimately a fail.

The video dint say anything, the pew research center, from where the video is quoting the results did. I don't know the methodology they used to get those conclusions, but i bet is not Joe saying Islam is this or that, but rather a thorough survey in those countries they mention
edit on 16-6-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Interesting list, but the Xin dynasty one is a little spurious as to why the population seems to have dropped by 10 million. Was it all war, or was plague or other events also a factor?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
How disingenuous to post a single video that claims to speak on behalf of an entire segment of society.

That would be akin to someone posting a video entitled "What the majority of Christians really believe." But that would be deceviously misleading, as it is impossible to broadly make such a claim considering there are so many segments of Christianity. My goodness, even the Baptists splinter off into their own groups regarding their beliefs and biblical interpretations.

Sadly, no. This attempt at broad stereotyping is ultimately a fail.

There are some beliefs common enough to Christians, that it would not be out of line to say those beliefs represent the majority. I think the same argument could be made for any religion. However many sects there may be, there is a common thread that holds them to that religion, and therefore represents the majority. A look at the major tenets of the faith is a good way to judge that, as well as what many would be in favor of when asked. I have only known a small handful of Muslims in my life, but having worked for them, I do know from their own mouths that some beliefs are common, and constitute the majority.

In saying that, I do not condone selective videos that only show those beliefs they want you to see. Not all Churches sing "Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven" from the pulpit, but it IS a common belief that they will not, because it is an "abomination".

I think both sides of this argument have let our bias get in the way of ascertaining the balance. The media is of course, not helping matters. Just my thoughts on your thoughts.

edit on 6/16/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: mobiusmale

So if the Westboro church posted a video called 'What the majority of Christians believe' I guess you'd accept that completely wouldn't you?

Does the westboro church have members amounting to billions, and in every nation, and swarming into countries where they are a foreign belief set, who are willing to demolish that belief set, but smile so you go "awww nice guy that one" before he cuts your head off?

no.. stupid alignment of logic.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There are pages talking about higher numbers than this even for the Chinese genocides. You might be right that the wars within what we call China today is the worst but not sure about the link since the numbers seem very low.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I don't have much of an answer to that. Chinese history is largely incomplete in the west thanks to China's traditional isolationism. Even clicking on the link provided seems to just give a bunch of conflicting numbers on how many people ended up dying.

Xin Dynasty/Red Eyebrows Revolt (interrupting the Han Dynasty: 9-24 C.E.) [make link]

Dan Usher says the population declined from 58 million in 2 C.E. to 15.1 million in 31 C.E., for a loss of 43 million. (Political Economy (Blackwell, 2003) p.12)
J. D. Durand estimates that the population of China Proper dropped from 71 million to 43 million between 2 C.E. and 88 C.E., a loss of 28 million. (“The population statistics of China, AD 2 – 1953,” Population Studies (1960), Vol. 13, No. 3, p.221)
P M G Harris estimates a population of 41 million in 23 C.E., which suggests a decline of 16 million since 2 C.E. (The History of Human Populations: Volume I Forms of Growth and Decline, p. 241)
MEDIAN POPULATION LOSS: 10-16 million [ca. 13m ]
William Leonard says that the population declined from just under 60 million 1 C.E. to just under 50 million in 140 C.E., a decline of approximately 10 million (The Encyclopedia of World History, p 51)
Rafe de Crespigny: In 2 C.E. the population of the whole empire was over 57 million. In the 140s there were 48 million. This comes to a decline of 9 million. (“South China under the Later Han Dynasty,” www.anu.edu.au...)
The Cambridge History of China (vol. 1, p.240) suggests a population decline of 8 or 9 million between 2 C.E. and 140 C.E.

To be honest, I'd really like to study Chinese history more in depth. Far east Asian history is very rich and dynamic yet the west barely focuses on it in school, instead choosing to mislabel European/American history as "World History" and hoping no one will notice the missing continents.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I still fault religion.

These beliefs will continue to a be a problem until we deal with the paradox of laws and penalties clearly laid out in the Abrahamic faiths as being "God's words".

For example, all 3 of the religions clearly state that sodomy is a capital offense.

I actually admire those who pick and choose the parts they like and dislike.

Its just not as easy to do when people are instructed/commanded to take religion as whole.

How do we convince people that a lot of "God's words/laws" simply need to be "disobeyed".

Exactly.
if the Christians really followed the bible to the letter they would hate gays as well.
Instead it has become watered down over the years with every passing year the standards set forth by "the word of god" are lowered to accommodate the NWO.

The Abrahamic Experiment has been a total disaster.

All people should be treated equally but we need to get rid of ignorant superstitions ingrained and programmed into the minds of people from a very early age.

How, I don't know. We need some sort of world awakening. Maybe an alien invasion or something.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Xenophobia will always exist, and it's strong to quite strong in "the melting pot" of America.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

There are pages talking about higher numbers than this even for the Chinese genocides. You might be right that the wars within what we call China today is the worst but not sure about the link since the numbers seem very low.

Click on some of the links and you'll get conflicting accounts of the deaths. I assume the numbers in that link are either low-ball numbers or just the most commonly accepted ones.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

All three religions are very duallistic (us vs them doctrine). And I assume we all know where that doctrine leads. Nazism, Zionism, Wahabism.

I kinda like the Sufi poet Rumi. If this was the prophet of Islam then I think Islam would have been really nice.

“What can I do, Muslims? I do not know myself. I am neither Christian nor Jew, neither Magian nor Muslim, I am not from east or west, not from land or sea, not from the shafts of nature nor from the spheres of the firmament, not of the earth, not of water, not of air, not of fire.

I am not from the highest heaven, not from this world, not from existence, not from being. I am not from India, not from China, not from Bulgar, not from Saqsin, not from the realm of the two Iraqs, not from the land of Khurasan. I am not from the world, not from beyond, not from heaven and not from hell.

I am not from Adam, not from Eve, not from paradise and not from Ridwan. My place is placeless, my trace is traceless, no body, no soul, I am from the soul of souls. I have chased out duality, lived the two worlds as one. One I seek, one I know, one I see, one I call.

He is the first, he is the last, he is the outer, he is the inner. Beyond He and He is I know no other. I am drunk from the cup of love, the two worlds have escaped me. I have no concern but carouse and rapture. If one day in my life I spend a moment without you from that hour and that time I would repent my life. If one day I am given a moment in solitude with you I will trample the two worlds underfoot and dance forever. O Sun of Tabriz, I am so tipsy here in this world, I have no tale to tell but tipsiness and rapture.”

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Who cares what people in these foreign countries believe?

This whole Islamic problem has ONLY to do with the few terrorist jihadis who the US government messed up and exited into madness...or worst

Ask yourself this

Where was all this Islamic terrorism before 911 and the Iraq war?

IT DIDN’T EXIST

ISIS was created from the IRAQ war

Forgot about the Crusades, didn't you?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

More ammo for the echo chamber I see.

PS: Youtube videos prove all of nothing. Ever.

These are not some chatty-Cathy Youtube videos made by some self-proclaimed know-it-all in their pajamas.

These are sober discussions of the outcomes of actual research into the beliefs held by broad swaths of the Muslim world...which contrast diametrically from the narrative coming from the politically correct (read self-blinded) Left.

facts are facts, regardless of what internet portal they happen to be posted on.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How do you not get that that's a flawed survey?

bridge.georgetown.edu... an-muslims-is-grounded-in-bias-riddled-with-flaws/

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

video cite pew research center data, you discredit Center for Security Policy poll. Something is odd here...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Then post the study. Youtube is as credible as my shoe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join