It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What majority of Muslims really believe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The video below, I think, is a sobering and thought provoking summary of what research has found about the true beliefs/attitudes held by the majority of Muslims around the world - in stark contrast to the argument very often proffered that it is a only a "tiny minority" of Muslims who have (what we in the West would think are) extreme, and often violent, views on many issues.

These facts, as presented anyway, are particularly important at this time...as Americans struggle with what position to take on how to deal with "extremism" and its global spread - now very clearly having arrived on American shores.

Is Trump right in thinking that America should hit the pause button on admitting tens of thousands of Muslims, "until we figure out what is really going on"?

Or is Obama...and his preferred successor, Hillary Clinton, correct in refusing to consider that the problem may be much larger than it being just a tiny minority of so-called followers who are trying to "hijack" an otherwise peaceful religion?

Personally, I think it is completely obvious that there is a massive - and growing - problem with adherents to the Islamic faith. The most extreme among them are pushing the agenda, of course, but the majority of Muslims either support their efforts to create a global caliphate...or are cowed into silence by threat of violence against them and their families.

ISIS...and their offshoots and affiliates...are in charge (ie. governing) in swaths of Iraq, Syria and Libya. They are infiltrating, and growing in influence, in places like Afghanistan, Somalia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Yemen...among other places. They are targeting - and attacking - places like France, Brussels, Canada, the United States...among other places.

Obama and Clinton (who, by the way, has received millions of dollars from countries who support human rights violations and abuse of women - and the persecution and execution of LGBT people!) have their heads firmly in the sand, and continue to push the agenda that to even question the declarations of war that have been made against the West by the actual power structures of Islam is somehow bigoted, racist or idiotic.

I think we may well be at a cross roads...entering a phase where there will be a true violent, global, clash of civilizations. Whether we want to or not, whether we want to believe it or not - we may well have to soon choose sides.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

They are going to deny your source as Fox News is not accepted, they are going to tell you all sorts of things, but I'm just going to leave this here.

"yea, it's pure insanity now; we should of stuck together as a nation, but instead, we have gone warring ourselves. We were just attacked by a man who claimed allegiance to ISIS, who's family has connections to the Taliban and provides support. At this point, all we want to talk about is whether this person was gay ( which he is an Islamist - he almost certainly is gay, the whole culture is repressed and practices homosexuality, but refuses to name it homosexuality)

But instead of worrying about Islamic radicalization, or the war that these sects have declared against the west, we are more concerned about the ridiculous, retarded, christian pastors, who say," homosexuality is an abomination, and therefor this attack, while not ok, was in accordance with our beliefs" and we exclaim," LOOK THIS IS THE SAME" no, no, it is not "the same"! It is ugly, it is completely hateful, it is supportive, these people deserve our full condemnation, BUT, they do not have a war sect that is causing genocides, or regularly cutting off heads on HDTV, infact they ( the extreme Christians) are much like Trump- loaded mouth and idle threat.

The enemy however is anything but, they are the real #ing deal, world wide, and there is not a country in existence that is not dealing with the threat of radical Islam; and oh, how modern day "liberals" love to talk about white males, and mass murders, yet they refuse to talk about black males and murders and rape crimes, and they also lump radical Islam in to our own myopic civil U.S problems, whilst wholly ignoring the radical Islamic war taking place here and globally.

When those (global) numbers are shown they have nothing to say, because there is nothing say, there is no civil rights issue when looked at in perspective, it really is a war against the Kafir and the apostates. With that being said, here we are! and yet all we want to discuss is Christians, white male shootings, gun control, and that the shooter may have been gay (unsubstantiated)

yes this #ing nation, and liberals have completely lost me, and I consider the enemy to be two part, one those radical Islamists who are at war with us, and two those who deny a war is taking place."

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I still fault religion.

These beliefs will continue to a be a problem until we deal with the paradox of laws and penalties clearly laid out in the Abrahamic faiths as being "God's words".

For example, all 3 of the religions clearly state that sodomy is a capital offense.

I actually admire those who pick and choose the parts they like and dislike.

Its just not as easy to do when people are instructed/commanded to take religion as whole.

How do we convince people that a lot of "God's words/laws" simply need to be "disobeyed".

edit on 16-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Adding this video so we do not get bias derail discussion.

edit on 16-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Who cares what people in these foreign countries believe?

This whole Islamic problem has ONLY to do with the few terrorist jihadis who the US government messed up and exited into madness...or worst

Ask yourself this

Where was all this Islamic terrorism before 911 and the Iraq war?

IT DIDN’T EXIST

ISIS was created from the IRAQ war

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Islam’s been here for over 1400 years

Much of the ME where some of Islam is centered has not had a secular revolution

SO WHAT

That’s their right.

Btw, most of Islam is centered in the Far East, Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan, and India not he ME.

If America stays out of those countries with their armies maybe those countries will not go crazy like Iraq did through the US INVASION.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree with your sentiment to a degree.

Live and let live so long as people arent forcing their beliefs on others but the minority class in these countries usually get screwed.

Again the problem is religious brainwashing.

IMHO the goal and agenda has to be to remove religion as the primary guide of how to live.

edit on 16-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How disingenuous to post a single video that claims to speak on behalf of an entire segment of society.

That would be akin to someone posting a video entitled "What the majority of Christians really believe." But that would be deceviously misleading, as it is impossible to broadly make such a claim considering there are so many segments of Christianity. My goodness, even the Baptists splinter off into their own groups regarding their beliefs and biblical interpretations.

Sadly, no. This attempt at broad stereotyping is ultimately a fail.

Gin
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

IT DIDN’T EXIST

Okay. List of Islamist terrorist attacks

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Islam didn't exactly have a bright and chipper disposition or reputation since before the United States even existed, actually.

"ISIS" is just a new name for the same old barbarians .

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The First Barbary War (1801–1805), also known as the Tripolitanian War and the Barbary Coast War, was the first of two Barbary Wars between the United States and the four North African states known collectively as the "Barbary States".

Islamic terrorism has been around a long time before 9/11

www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com...

TWA Flight 847 (1985): Six members of Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad were responsible for the infamous two-week ordeal involving TWA Flight 847. En route from Athens to Rome, the plane was overtaken just after takeoff and diverted to Beirut, where 19 passengers were released, and Algiers, where 20 passengers were released. The plane returned to Beirut, and the hijackers proceeded to single out United States Navy Seabee diver Robert Stethem, beat him, fatally shoot him and dump his body onto the ramp. Seven American passengers with Jewish-sounding names were removed from the plane and held hostage elsewhere in Beirut. The plane traveled back to Algiers, released 65 passengers, and returned to Beirut. The hijackers made several demands, including the release of the "Kuwait 17" involved in the 1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Kuwait and international condemnation of the U.S. and Israel. Eventually, the 40 remaining hostages were released and nobody else was harmed

IT DID EXIST!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I agree with your sentiment to a degree.

Live and let live so long as people arent forcing their beliefs on others but the minority class in these countries usually get screwed.

Again the problem is religious brainwashing.

IMHO the goal and agenda has to be to remove religion as the primary guide of how to live.

That’s just not true.

Iraq had a vibrant Christian, Yezidi minority before the US invasion.

Syria too before this NATO Turkey inspired war there.

There are Jews in Iran who are happy

Sure there are injustices…but look at the US, things are hardly perfect for the minorities here

Traditionally Islam protected Jews in Spain when they were burning people at the stake

If Bush wouldn’t have started his f___ed up war none of this would have even happened

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The Taliban was quite useful for the US against the Soviet in Afghanistan so no this is not just after 911.

The people you do not care about what they believe are the people that we are allowing into Sweden without any real background check. People are even getting killed in my country because of insane ideas and bad intelligence since we have a need to save any soul that make it to our country.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Islam’s been here for over 1400 years

Much of the ME where some of Islam is centered has not had a secular revolution

SO WHAT

That’s their right.

Btw, most of Islam is centered in the Far East, Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan, and India not he ME.

If America stays out of those countries with their armies maybe those countries will not go crazy like Iraq did through the US INVASION.

Is your last name Chamberlain?

Btw...There are, in fact, very serious problems with "radical" Islamic forces in the Far East, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and India (and the Middle East and Africa...and beginning in North America and Europe).

And so, your point is what?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh Islamic countries aren't allowed to have wars?

So they had a beef with the US back then...so what, it happens.

Why is that terrorism and what the US was doing to the Indians not?

So now everything Muslims did in history in terms of war is now going to be labeled terrorism?

And what Europe was doing to each other and third world countries was something else

You need to see your twisted logic for what it is

edit on 16-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

More ammo for the echo chamber I see.

PS: Youtube videos prove all of nothing. Ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So if the Westboro church posted a video called 'What the majority of Christians believe' I guess you'd accept that completely wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

The Taliban was quite useful for the US against the Soviet in Afghanistan so no this is not just after 911.

The people you do not care about what they believe are the people that we are allowing into Sweden without any real background check. People are even getting killed in my country because of insane ideas and bad intelligence since we have a need to save any soul that make it to our country.

I didn’t let them in Sweden

I wouldn’t have

I’ve KNOW Islamic fundamentalists

I’ve never like them

I’m not peddling it

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I do wonder what genocide is the worst in history. What white men did in America or what Muslim did in medieval India. Hard to get the right number on how many millions Hindus and Buddhist that was killed in India.
edit on 16-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Who cares what people in these foreign countries believe?

This whole Islamic problem has ONLY to do with the few terrorist jihadis who the US government messed up and exited into madness...or worst

Ask yourself this

IT DIDN’T EXIST

ISIS was created from the IRAQ war

Who are you importing? peoples from these countries or sweet fairies destined to make the world a better place with rainbows and unicorns?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join