It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What majority of Muslims really believe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

No, no, her liberal rags told her these numbers can't possibly be true, that they are flawed, though she cannot say how pew is flawed, just that it must be flawed, because every good thing (or bad) she thinks about the world must be true and all data must point to the direction that would fit her narrative, or its flawed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wrong link... I was rushing, my bad.

www.pewforum.org... eligion-politics-society-overview/

Read it through... anyone ought to be able to see the flaws. It's absolutely absurd to use that survey to make cut and dry claims.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Islam is oppressive. A very large portion of Muslims consider themselves at war with western civilization. They want the law of the land to be their strict religious law that calls for the death penalty for such things as homosexuality and adultery (for women). They want to make it illegal to not be Muslim.

Anyone that doesn't have a problem with that is an enemy of liberty.

What do we do about it? It requires a multifaceted approach.
1. Heavily screen Muslim immigrants.
2. Deport anyone who claims allegiance to ISIS or other anti-US group or country.
3. Focus on and annihilate ISIS in the Syria / Iraq area.
4. Then get out of the middle east, remove bases, leave the area to the Arabs.
5. Get back to dealing with our own problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's not Islam that's the problem, it's Wahhabism. That's like blaming all of Christianity for the actions of the Westboro Church.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Picketing funerals and saying all sorts of homophobic rhetoric? Oh cool, that puts it in perspective, for a sec there I thought we were talking about a genocidal army that is effecting every nation in this world.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

originally posted by: uncommitted

So if the Westboro church posted a video called 'What the majority of Christians believe' I guess you'd accept that completely wouldn't you?

Does the westboro church have members amounting to billions, and in every nation, and swarming into countries where they are a foreign belief set, who are willing to demolish that belief set, but smile so you go "awww nice guy that one" before he cuts your head off?

no.. stupid alignment of logic.

Ahem, not sure I'm the one being stupid. This is a collection of individuals stating that they speak for all Muslims. If Westboro church did the same would you consider them representative of all Christians the same way you appear to believe this selected group speak for all Muslims?

No, stupid alignment of logic based on being blinded or stupid.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. WBBC doesn't have an army that spans globally and is waging war in ever country on earth based on its sick and twisted ideology, but if it did you bet your ass, I'd be saying," there's something wrong with the doctrine of Christianity and it needs reform"

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You shouldn't let my dislike of you or bigotry drive you to hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Many of these Muslims only think this way because their religious leaders preach this way

With proper leadership, Islam can reform.

We have to stop allowing people like Obama and Hillary from playing Risk in their countries when they clearly have no idea what they're doing.

edit on 16-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What no "Not All" meme?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
double double
edit on 16-6-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I guess you missed the point if you're comparing Wahhabism to WBC.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

nop, all i see is you picking one random link, why you don't use this one

www.pewglobal.org...

from april this year and not 2013, saying how and who collected the data, you know what is absurd, people saying something is absurd and not giving reasons

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I didn't pick a random link... it's a link to a Pew survey, yours is just newer. My beef is that the countries with the highest support for Sharia are also the countries where Sharia is a tangible thing so fear, maybe I'm crazy here, is probably a huge influence in how people answered.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Swills

Picketing funerals and saying all sorts of homophobic rhetoric? Oh cool, that puts it in perspective, for a sec there I thought we were talking about a genocidal army that is effecting every nation in this world.

Or instead of a genocidal army, it's just a group of violent psychopaths, that get bombed daily by US< France, Britain, Canada, Russia, Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Jordan and just about every other country on earth. More like a horde than an Army. Using equipment, weapons and munitions that the USA left there for them to use. Or, maybe the thing that all of these terrorists here in the US and the world have in common is...Saudi Arabia. But somehow nobody want's to do anything about them? LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Islam is not a religion as the peoples of the West understand the definition of "religion". Islam is an all-encompassing ideology with political,juridical, social, and religious elements. There are no liberal or moderate political, juridical, social, and religious institutions in Islam. Even those who may present themselves as moderate when pressed will state their approval for stoning for adultery and the institutionalisation of Sharia as a replacement for all secular legal codes.

As Carl Jung noted the closest parallel to islam was Hitler's Nazism, and after WW II a large number of Nazis moved to Egypt and converted to islam with intention to radicalise the religion for the ongoing motives of the Nazi International.

Unfortunately, progressives of whatever stripe or nationality believe what they believe as dogmatic truths whether or not there is any basis for those beliefs. In the USA it has meant that the USA's president has done nothing effective to destroy ISIL in Raqqah, and he has imported extraordinary numbers of Muslim immigrants while refusing Christian immigrants from the same regions of conflict. So we now view half of the US citizenry responding like Pavlov's dogs to the ringing bell of gun control instead of focusing on the genuine problems that have arisen from within Islam and systemically poison Islam across the board.

Added to the problem is the fact that the Nazis infiltrated and took over the USA's CIA under Allen Dulles, and the CIA has been married to the Wahabbist Muslim regime in Saudi Arabia. Sadly most US Americans aren't aware of the ongoing war between the CIA and the FBI. CIA's front was Wackenhut which became G4S who employed Omar Mateen who engaged in an act of mass murder in Orlando that made the FBI look really bad. But I digress...
edit on 16/6/2016 by Kapriti because: grammar

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Where was all this Islamic terrorism before 911 and the Iraq war?

IT DIDN’T EXIST

It has been going on since colonial times, and before the United States ever existed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Show me one Mullah or Imam who has gone on record to declare the "infallible" Quran and Muhammed were wrong to classify homosexuality an abomination.

Just one.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's not Islam that's the problem, it's Wahhabism. That's like blaming all of Christianity for the actions of the Westboro Church.

I agree that Wahhabist theology is one source of the poison, but you are wrong to say it is the only or entire problem. The problem crosses every division within Islam because it is enshrined in the Koran and the Hadith. Yes the Salafists and Wahhabists are especially vile, but Islam in the very texts of the Koran and the Hadith make it any enemy to any non-Islamic society or nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join