It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are losing content providers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is an extremely volatile election season, we are seeing the most divide among a nation of people, arguably since the 1960s, or Pre civil war times, I believe staff along side membership is responsible for this problem. I love this community and I have been personally effected by the events that have occurred recently, you people are my family, but I believe political positions are taking there toll in our leadership, and our membership.

Look, I lean right, though I think ten years ago before I joined the army you would of called me a," bleeding heart liberal" but even ten years ago to be a "bleeding heart liberal" did not mean that you were Anti west, or that your political positions only spoke about males, or white people, or Christians ( i'm atheist) No, to be a liberal then, meant you were concerned about the social issues at home in such a way that they deserved logic and understanding, so that no man went hungry (if possible), or that there is no veteran left untreated, or that civil violence was understood through the context of societal responsibility,and that we are a nation, and we always come first, and when attacked we stick together like glue! When I speak of the," good old days" that would be the 90s, before social justice, before fear induced wars ( with no realistic solution).

I don't think we were perfect, but what I see occurring is so very dangerous to all of us, and it's happening here on ATS, and at home, I feel this change everyday now, society's fabric is coming apart at the seams , and while we lose ATS content providers based on political censorship ,which has been blamed on the moderation (with some credence they are people too), we also loose it coming from each other, and even more so, our own fellow countrymen and women are checking out of the fight, they are done, and they are leaving the world to it's happenings. We are more divided than we have ever been, and I don't know the answer, but I do want to raise the issue. That's all I have to say about this, and I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you can go back far enough in my post history you will actually find tacit support for Obama and other liberals. I wanted Bush held to account and the constitution respected.

Boy was I an idiot.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I may not always agree with you, but I've generally found you to have considered opinions. I'm personally a bit sick of the political attacks and insults, so I'm attempting to get back to what drew me to ATS originally, the conspiracy and UFO topics.

I'm a lot more skeptical than when I first started here, but there are still items of interest, and I'm hoping to provide more content for the conspiracy forums.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I know where you are coming from because I was that 'liberal' guy who was pro-abortion rights and anti-war. Now that I am on ATS I am some right wing nutter when I really just consider myself a person that values freedom and peace. Now it is crazy to value your rights.

It is insanity.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They are masters at manipulation, don't blame yourself. Look at what we are facing now. Trump or Hillary in the oval office and both of them are f0cking dangerous! Hillary will take your guns and Trump will lead us into war with Iran. I'm not American but whomever gets elected, we're screwed. As a Brit, I'm extremely concerned right now.

Eta: I like Trump, see my post history. However, I still know that he's dangerous for all of us. I want America to be great again and I'm terrified of Clinton. Lesser of two evils, not good really is it but for the love of the planet and mankind, please not Hillary.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: further content

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

yea, it's pure insanity now; we should of stuck together as a nation, but instead, we have gone warring ourselves. We were just attacked by a man who claimed allegiance to ISIS, who's family has connections to the Taliban and provides support. At this point, all we want to talk about is whether this person was gay ( which he is an Islamist - he almost certainly is gay, the whole culture is repressed and practices homosexuality, but refuses to name it homosexuality)

But instead of worrying about Islamic radicalization, or the war that these sects have declared against the west, we are more concerned about the ridiculous, retarded, christian pastors, who say," homosexuality is an abomination, and therefor this attack, while not ok, was in accordance with our beliefs" and we exclaim," LOOK THIS IS THE SAME" no, no, it is not "the same"! It is ugly, it is completely hateful, it is supportive, these people deserve our full condemnation, BUT, they do not have a war sect that is causing genocides, or regularly cutting off heads on HDTV, infact they ( the extreme Christians) are much like Trump- loaded mouth and idle threat.

The enemy however is anything but, they are the real #ing deal, world wide, and there is not a country in existence that is not dealing with the threat of radical Islam; and oh, how modern day "liberals" love to talk about white males, and mass murders, yet they refuse to talk about black males and murders and rape crimes, and they also lump radical Islam in to our own myopic civil U.S problems, whilst wholly ignoring the radical Islamic war taking place here and globally.

When those (global) numbers are shown they have nothing to say, because there is nothing say, there is no civil rights issue when looked at in perspective, it really is a war against the Kafir and the apostates. With that being said, here we are! and yet all we want to discuss is Christians, white male shootings, gun control, and that the shooter may have been gay (unsubstantiated)

yes this #ing nation, and liberals have completely lost me, and I consider the enemy to be two part, one those radical Islamists who are at war with us, and two those who deny a war is taking place.
edit on 16-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There are no good choices, but there weren't good choices for President 4 years ago, 8 years ago, 12 years ago etc, but they do seem to get worse each cycle. I am not going to be happy come November.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Heh, I'm on the same page you are with that. Pretty much exactly now.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It's a little different for you and I. We've both been to the middle east and have seen the enemy first hand.

If people had been able to see and experience what we've seen and experienced then maybe they'd be more willing to identify it and fight against it.
edit on 16 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

yea, it's pure insanity now; we should of stuck together as a nation, but instead, we have gone warring ourselves. We were just attacked by a man who claimed allegiance to ISIS, who's family has connections to the Taliban and provides support. At this point, all we want to talk about is whether this person was gay ( which he is an Islamist - he almost certainly is gay, the whole culture is repressed and practices homosexuality, but refuses to name it homosexuality)

But instead of worrying about Islamic radicalization or the war that these sects have declared against the west, we are more concerned about the ridiculous retarded christian pastors who say," homosexuality is an abomination, and therefor this attack while not ok, was in accordance with our beliefs" and we exclaim," LOOK THIS IS THE SAME" no, no, it is not! It is ugly, it is completely hateful, it is supportive, these people deserve our full condemnation, BUT they do not have a war sect that is causing genocides or regularly cutting off heads on HDTV, infact they ( the extreme Christians) are much like Trump- loaded mouth and idle threat.

The enemy however is anything but, they are the real #ing deal, world wide, and there is not a country in existence that is not dealing with the threat of radical Islam; and how modern day "liberals" love to talk about white males, and mass murders, they refuse to talk about black males and murders and rape crimes, and they also lump radical Islam in to our own myopic civil U.S problems, whilst wholly ignoring the radical Islamic war taking place here and globally.

When those (global) numbers are shown they have nothing to say, because there is nothing say, there is no civil rights issue when looked at in perspective, it really is a war against the Kafir and the apostates. With that being said, here we are! and yet all we want to discuss is Christians, white male shootings, gun control, and that the shooter may have been gay (unsubstantiated)

yes this #ing nation, and liberals have completely lost me, and I consider the enemy to be two part, one those radical Islamists who are at war with us, and two those who deny a war is taking place.

stands up and starts applauding

(serious not ironic or anything other, just showing my admiration for finding such clear words!)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Great way of putting it in that post above...I know I'm taking so much second seat right now but I've bowed so far out that like I said it's all just couch and a beverage right now...the fray is all fake, it's getting stupid, I say let them kill themselves if they want but goddang it I've got better judgement and refuse to succumb because people are too dumb to keep a frigging snowball from rolling. Bunch of apes. Not my problem. I'll just drop by on occasion, try to avoid the idiot squawks, correct something that needs it, and bow out when the conversation gets too dumb. I'm still firmly on the right, but even that is just a designation, I think that if I'm being misread every five seconds by pissants on the left who are h bent on stating a crisis that can -GET PEOPLE KILLED- and not a one of them shuts up long enough to actually hear what's being said, it's time to go out and do what I actually want to do, nah mean??

edit on 16-6-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Brother we have to find that freaking bridge so that we can start building it because otherwise our society will collapse, and I'm a patriot and I don't want it to collapse, thank you for your reply.

"Have you seen the bridge"

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thank you ma'am, I don't know any other kind of way to put it, and if I could say this In a different way so that it might reach across that isle and change some minds , I would.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

we also loose it coming from each other, and even more so, our own fellow countrymen and women are checking out of the fight, they are done, and they are leaving the world to it's happenings.

People can see the writing on the wall and can see the US is leading the charge into that big black hole of tyranny.

The first wave of ATS people who are those who the most afraid to put their head up are getting out of ATS in fear they will in the next frew years, start getting hauled out of their beds at night and disappearing for months.

This trend will continue with the next least brave until there is only the bravest left.

I have read there are people who have the means to do are getting out of the states before the steel door slams and going other countries. It seem Equadoor is favored by many.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I know this might not mean much to you, but "I hear you." Literally the only thing I can say before heading back off this website and doing some things that I gotta get done..

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

that'll work

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Yes. We are losing content providers. The swing to the right on ATS is ridiculous. Mods are being accused of censorship. Even this very thread, which disguises itself as unifying cannot stop itself from noting liberals in a bad light.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Reldra, you sat in a thread today and called obvious racism towards white people, non racism, just wrong place wrong time (that's a serious miscalculation I hope, but to me a further indicator of a disconnect from reality and the real issues of today), there is no "swing to the right" my views have remained consistent, i do not claim this false narrative of "progress". This is not a thinly veiled thread, this is an honest thread, and that's it.
edit on 16-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

...we lose ATS content providers based on political censorship

IMO, there are a number of reasons that a member may no longer be with us, but by and large, it is due to them falling on their own sword through the way they conduct themselves whilst interacting with other members - the actual subject matter is more or less irrelevant if a root cause analysis was done .

and of course, to exasperate the situation, we are dealing with highly charged subjective content by the very nature of voicing opinions in whichever forum one feels appropriate to do so.

It is a usually somewhat volatile environment (on social media across the board) after highly charged events occur and it's just a real shame that during such times, we sometimes loose those we have come to know and appreciate as content contributors.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't think the political division been this bad since pre-WW2 Europe, or perhaps the Cold War. But i would definitely say that the way things are heating up seem reminiscent of the former, and it has me extremely concerned.

The political divide is widening. We have a sharp rise in far-right politics and nationalism, and a bastardisation of the far-left, which is itself taking extreme actions. We also see certain groups being scrutinised in public and the media. I don't think things look good right now, honestly...

edit on 16-6-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join