It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are losing content providers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Im with you.

Im what you would call moderate right.

I get attacked from the left on ATS for being a heartless "winger" and attacked from the right for being a commie leftie libitard.

I have even been attacked by a MOD yes a MOD because of my nationality saying my comments and input in discussions is irrelevant and useless.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yea well if it's any consolation I quite like you brother; and appreciate your view.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

but even ten years ago to be a "bleeding heart liberal" did not mean that you were Anti west

It doesn't mean that now. How can you claim to be wanting to build a bridge when you're ready to burn it before you start?

or that your political positions only spoke about males, or white people, or Christians

When your posting is consistently anti-Muslim, anti-Left etc... you're going to get swung back at. What world do you live in where people just take punches? If this divide is so upsetting to you then you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror cuz you've been swinging pretty damn hard.

Why does it bother you or why do you see it as an attack, the ability to provide counter examples of Americans or Christians or White people being exactly the same as "thugs" or Muslims? There's not one single negative trait that can be found in one group that can't be found in another, whether it's skin color, religion, nationality, sex, gender or non gender, gay or straight.

Pointing this out isn't an attack on white male Christians, the reason they become the counter example is because usually anti-whatever group statements are coming from individuals who fit one of those three or regard such as central to American or Western society.

Most of us in the West don't want to live with bigotry or bigots... so keep your bridge.

before social justice

You don't even realize what it is that run around using as pejorative all the time. Every movement that propelled a group into equality is Social Justice.

and while we lose ATS content providers based on political censorship

This kills me... no one has to provide a podium for hate, this is a private site with rules for participation, not the Public Commons likewise Twitter, Reddit, FaceBook and whatever else. You never had the right to free speech on these platforms, never had the right to break the rules.

This would be comical if it weren't so tragically sad, you anti-this that and other types actually think that rules don't apply to you and when you get in trouble for breaking them you bawl your eyes out. Just like the school bully that thinks he/she is the victim because they got suspended.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A member self banned recently, this is what I was addressing among other issues,but all that flew over your head, so that you could make a grand stand and twist and spin Ect, tired of you Kali.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

tired of you Kali

Aww and I was so fond of you...

A member self banned recently, this is what I was addressing among other issues,but all that flew over your head, so that you could make a grand stand and twist and spin Ect

In other words you can't deal with differing opinions.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Some of us just had to study it and understand the implications, but most people lack imagination.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Between 2003 and 2011, 4,265 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. In 2012 alone, 512 people were murdered in the city.
Operation Enduring Freedom, the name for the war in Afghanistan, which started Oct. 7, 2001, has seen a total of 2,166 killed. The war has been ongoing for 11 years, 3 months and one week.
Operation Iraqi Freedom, the name for the war in Iraq, which started March 20, 2003, and ended Dec. 15, 2011, saw a total of 4,422 killed. Read more at www.wnd.com...

I'd suggest you start reading old news, islamism is a fricken joke compared to those numbers. Divide & conquer in full swing and you keep fueling right-winger delusions within that agenda.

Yeah. Islamists everywhere... Whatever.

So... some right-wing nutters got banned for their 'content contribution'? How fricken cute!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't think we were perfect, but what I see occurring is so very dangerous to all of us, and it's happening here on ATS, and at home, I feel this change everyday now, society's fabric is coming apart at the seams , and while we lose ATS content providers based on political censorship ,which has been blamed on the moderation (with some credence they are people too), we also loose it coming from each other, and even more so, our own fellow countrymen and women are checking out of the fight, they are done, and they are leaving the world to it's happenings. We are more divided than we have ever been, and I don't know the answer, but I do want to raise the issue.

Yup. That's the plan... That's our challenge. We have our work cut out for us.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And some of us just had to study it and understand that the extremists are in the minority.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
(Hey TechniXcality, I sent you a PM. Sometimes messages are wonky here so I wanted to make sure you knew. Thanks.)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

" but what I see occurring is so very dangerous to all of us, and it's happening here on ATS, and at home, I feel this change everyday now, society's fabric is coming apart at the seams , and while we lose ATS content providers based on political censorship ,which has been blamed on the moderation (with some credence they are people too), we also loose it coming from each other, and even more so, our own fellow countrymen and women are checking out of the fight, they are done, and they are leaving the world to it's happenings. "

Well, you certainly got one thing right......people are checking out. They're not only checking out of the "fight", they're checking out of the battle field, if my little neck of the woods is any indication. We live in an extremely remote rural location and the "semi-wealthy" are flooding in here in droves, out of the nearest big cities of which the closest is 2 hours away. Seems more and more people want nothing to do with this mess anymore.

Things will doubtless get worse for the next couple of years, regardless of who wins this election. Hopefully after that, grid lock in Congress will derail any progress in an agenda, whether it be the anti-American agenda of the left or the crack pot Trump agenda.

Hang in there for 2019.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Arghh just shut up the lot of you. Yanks, I'm don't with listening to you .
Bored first world problems bleated out daily on ATS.
The same crap every day.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: reldra

Reldra, you sat in a thread today and called obvious racism towards white people,

I did no such thing. There was a speaker, talking about racism towards minorities and she was at the wrong minority event. I called her a nut. I am not the type to let racism slip by.

However, the new narrative seems to be if you identify as a minority and talk about it it is somehow racism against the perpetrators. That is not logical.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I was sitting here staring into space thinking the same thing....my dog came over and checked on me....I assured her things were okay for her. But I sat there suddenly overwhelmed by the divisive bickering and rampant bloodshed and hatred that is escalating.

How did things get this bad? How is this in any realm "okay"?

It's insanity. This country has gone full berserk. I am thunderstruck....I even made a rant about it, but then deleted at the last second.....

thanks for posting this TechniX. You're a good guy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
much of the distaste comes from the current election issue, that's for sure, and if the final candidates are the only two runners, it's one huuuge issue, blind support for either of them, is an insult to your own esteem, notwithstanding that, people seem to feel obliged to vote for their party's candidate.

That's where things start to fall apart, for instance there have been several Trump threads...the why's, the wherefores, but it only took about two or three posts before someone brings up Hillary, and whatever negatives she has done, that's totally off topic if the subject is Mr Trump...to me those off topic posts just kill any more reasoned discourse about Trump, if there were any in the first place, I see that as a deliberate ploy. The same thing goes for any Hillary threads.

This is why we are losing content providers.

I am not saying this because it is easy for a foreigner to waffle on, I'm saying it because I sincerely believe neither of the two are fit for the high office.

Trump is like a bull in a china shop, he'll wreck the place, and it wasn't hard to write him off. That left Hillary, who I dislike immensely, I couldn't write her off immediately because of my personal dislike, but when she came on TV barking at the Moon, all I could say was feck me, there is something seriously wrong there, her best office should be, 1 asylum Street Washington...along with Micky Mouse.
edit on 16-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The division was well established before the puppetshow or slapstick that you call elections made it visible.

In that sense contentproviding is so pre 2010. Quality I mean, not quantity. Beating a dead horse with 10 sticks doesn't make a point more valid, it makes it a necrophilic orgy.

No worries though, I will prevail, you all become me.

Dumbass

(Insert evil villain laugh here)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The left has gone too far to the left. The right has gone too far to the right. Both need to take steps towards the middle. However, the site as a whole, and even this thread has shown us. A lot of peoples idea of moving towards the middle, is to try to pull the other "side" towards themselves.

Which helps no one. It just causes people to dig in deeper. Its a lie that we tell ourselves. To prove to ourselves that we tried to extend the olive branch. So we can say, 'Its not us, its the "others" that were unreasonable.'

Until people can get over their ego and pride, the lines in the sand, the belief that they can not be wrong, nothing is going to change. Its sad that so many smart people can see the faults in others but not see those same exact faults in themselves.

Unity and balance, just like in cooking, is the essence of the melting pot. Together we are strong. Going to far in either false direction, Right-Left. Dividing ourselves into smaller and smaller pieces. Is a recipe for disaster. If only our memories went back longer than the length of a tweet. If only history repeated itself. So we can have some examples of what happens when a powerful country tears itself apart. I am sure its all bubblegum and roses.

But that is just my opinion. What do I know. I'm just some schmuck typing on a keyboard.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This guy says it better than I ever could

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It used to be that the title and term "Above Top Secret" meant something--or a lot of things, but yet things sorta related to a central question about everything in the cosmos. Now it is a place to argue for your (or your master's) cause.

One increasingly visible result is that those with a master of the English language tend to simply over power other voices that may have the same feelings, ideas and views, but can't so wonderfully commit them to paper. In effect, a important segment of ATS has become solidly elitist for high-minded ideas and you best not comment too strongly against them or you will be whacked down by a tone of nicely turned verbiage. 'Course, those people believe that they are entirely right in their well executed post.

(By way of explanation: Many of those verbal people are PC and pro-choice. They like to say others are filled with hate while painting a self-picture of being filled with love for all things living, etc. With the topic of abortions, that brand of thinking can only reign if you use a few hundred words to carefully construct a wordy explanation that avoids the main issue, the killing of babies.)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am getting serious term and condition warnings for telling a truth that doesn't fit the LGBT narrative meanwhile some psychopath anarchist is plastering hatred all over the UK threads,yes this place picks and chooses the narrative and yes that is forcing people away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join