It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Mateen's Wife Tried to Talk Him Out of Orlando Attack, Sources Say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So much BS coming from the MSM.

Fact is, we know nothing.

But for grins & giggles, I bet she was in on the whole operation and is now trying to get off the hook.

Fact is "we know nothing?" Vey to go Schulzy!

I would have sworn that for the last two days the right-wing media and it's internet minions have been trumpeting that Mateen was a deeply-embedded ISIS agent and this was an act of RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™ ?

We know quite a lot, actually. Suddenly, it's becoming quite clear that Mateen wasn't "radicalized" was not "a Muslim terrorist" and committed this abysmal crime because of his own mental issues.

link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
So could she be the 2nd shooter that some witnesses talked about? Could they be just like the San Bernadino killers?

Or the one holding the door closed?

Where was she that night?

What's her alibi?

link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ex-wife...in 2011...again...so then....they weren't together? Her family got her away from him...in 2011

he had one ex wife and was married to a second woman. that's who is saying these things now not his ex.

from the OP source, second paragraph.

Omar Mateen's current wife, Noor, told the FBI she was with him when he bought ammunition and a holster, several officials familiar with the case said. She told the FBI that she once drove him to the gay nightclub, Pulse, because he wanted to scope it out.

edit on 14-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Second wife.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not his ex wife. His current wife.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If she "tried to talk him out of it" then it seems she knew enough.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yeah that seems pretty cut and dry. Going to get ammunition and recon the club too. I think it's probably fairly often that family and friends no more in these situations but can't see the person going through with it (not to excuse them).

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No matter how it came down or why - the sickness here is dark and deep - if they were involved as a couple, just no words for this atrocity.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

If she "tried to talk him out of it" then it seems she knew enough.

Maybe. Still not enough information to go on to make a judgement call though.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Understood. Thanks...this thing is getting crazier n crazier....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
So much BS coming from the MSM.

Fact is, we know nothing.

But for grins & giggles, I bet she was in on the whole operation and is now trying to get off the hook.

Fact is "we know nothing?" Vey to go Schulzy!

I would have sworn that for the last two days the right-wing media and it's internet minions have been trumpeting that Mateen was a deeply-embedded ISIS agent and this was an act of RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™ ?

We know quite a lot, actually. Suddenly, it's becoming quite clear that Mateen wasn't "radicalized" was not "a Muslim terrorist" and committed this abysmal crime because of his own mental issues.

Then we should just ignore the religious influence of terror attacks because they just have "mental issues"?

Why do you people want so badly to excuse the religious motivations behind these things? It is actually a big deal.

How do you think he came to think that being gay was so wrong that gays deserve to die? He was taught that it is such a huge sin, that the only way to redeem himself and relieve his guilt is to commit this type of extreme act.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Omar Mateen sold his house to his sister a month ago for $10. Second wife scrubbed her social media history before the attack. THEY KNEW.

Just like California. Friends and family knew something was up, didn't report it. Trump was right yet again, but of course the Trumpophobes won't dare to admit it.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

i know that it's hard to keep up with all that comes out, you see one report and then catch piece of others and you can lose track of whats what, or what has been said.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

You know this guy was radicalized on the internet right? Source

Traditionally that isn't how terrorists are recruited for these things... Granted it may be deep seated religious convictions, but it looks more like he was insecure about his closeted homosexuality, the conflict this posed with his religion, and his father's approval on the matter. Sounds like a bunch of mental issues to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
How the heck does this prove Trump correct? This is about a crazy person. Not ISIS, ISIL or whatever. This guy wanted to go out with a bang. His wife apparently knew and said nothing. Has nothing to do with carpet bombing ISIS. People need to wake up before we turn into Nazi Germany. Hail Trump!

Meanwhile Americans are dying. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My thoughts that I posted in another thread:

This strikes me as very strange, that she would come out with this storyafter the interviews his ex-wife gave (against the advice/demands of the FBI), and the stories about him being gay. It sure doesn't do anything to quell my suspicions that a narrative is being planted to cover the truth.

With my bright and shiny tinfoil hat firmly in place, I must ask: Am I the only one thinking blackmail and false flag??? He works for a govt contracted security outfit... his dad has been dubbed a CIA operative... the FBI had him "on their radar"... he has known terrorist ties... If the stories about him having gay tendencies since at least high school is true, then we can be sure the FBI (and others) knew that. Given his family and culture, this would be prime blackmail material.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Maybe. Still not enough information to go on to make a judgement call though.

Mainstream news seems to be as confused as you regarding this tragedy. You've got to really ask yourself WTF when the same news clip clearly states Mateen made a 911 call PROCLAIMING his ALLEGIANCE/SUPPORT of ISIS yet they claim they're not sure if it's an act of terrorism. The shooter himself has proclaimed it's terrorism in that 911 call, how much more proof is needed beyond that? What a joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ex-wife...in 2011...again...so then....they weren't together? Her family got her away from him...in 2011

Current wife.....in 2016.....so they WERE together.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

She's done. She alone could have stopped this but didn't.

Considering how much abuse his first wife went through god only knows what he put her through and it looks like she didn't have anyone to save her from him like his last wife. So at the end of the day, she'll probably spend the rest of her life in prison because she was a battered wife afraid to go against her husband.

Everything about this is soo damn tragic. This world we live in...
edit on 14-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The shooter himself has proclaimed it's terrorism in that 911 call, how much more proof is needed beyond that? What a joke.

His cover up to not admit his real issues. Human nature and belief in his religion at work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join