It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Mateen's Wife Tried to Talk Him Out of Orlando Attack, Sources Say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

No one is arguing with you on that point though, but to look at this as an open and shut Muslims terrorist incident isn't enough to characterize what happened. That much is beyond obvious at this point.

To be honest, I think the only reason it is a Muslim terrorist attack is because the guy happened to be Muslim. I feel like in the coming months it will play out that his mental health was the crucial factor in what spawned this shooting. Not his religious zealotry.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Accomplice liability.... Accessory before the fact

at least those probably more

Wouldn't that depend on what and how much she knew?

Just heard she admitted to FBI that she was with him when he bought guns and ammo and driving him to the club that night. She could be charged with aiding and abetting or conspiracy. If she's charged with conspiracy, she could be charged with fourty-nine counts of murder. It depends how cooperative she is. She's already lawyered up.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Just heard she admitted to FBI that she was with him when he bought guns and ammo and driving him to the club that night. She could be charged with aiding and abetting or conspiracy. If she's charged with conspiracy, she could be charged with fourty-nine counts of murder. It depends how cooperative she is. She's already lawyered up.

I'm not saying she is innocent, but just because you travel with someone to purchase gun doesn't mean you ultimately know what he will be using them for. I'm glad she got a lawyer; on ATS alone, the amount of people armchair lawyering is astounding... I don't blame her for getting one either.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I feel like in the coming months it will play out that his mental health was the crucial factor in what spawned this shooting. Not this religious zealotry.

I suspect this to be the case for anyone associated with ISIS. They all suffer mental problems and are using a warped, perverted interpretation of a religion to justify their criminal actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Who cares if they have allegiance or not? There are much much bigger issues in our country than this type of 'lone wolf' shooting. You want to turn the world upside down and invade every arab country in the world. News Flash.. This is what caused the issue to begin with.

Who cares if they have allegiance or not??? Are you seriously saying that? Just because I clearly see a religion being hijacked by extremist elements doesn't equate to me wanting to turn the world upside down and invade every arab country in the world. We should be pulling all our troops from overseas bases and bring them home to protect our homeland and borders.
The US should go back to the isolationist stance it once had regarding foreign policy. You're right that meddling in the middle east is what has caused the issue.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The same can be said about Roof. He showed no physical ties to any group and seem to show sympathy for racist causes, yet I remember the left throwing a fit over a flag and its "connotation" and what it "represents" after that.

See, the difference in these 2 situation is that a feggin flag is NEVER going to hurt anyone, no matter who claims allegiance to it, where on the other hand, we KNOW that ISIS is actively trying to kill us, and most likely has the ability (if they haven't already)

So, crazy or not, I don't think it's reasonable nor logical to just forgo the alleged sympathy of the shooter.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Chickensalad because: someone's out of beer

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

She told the FBI she tried to talk him out of it. In order to talk him out of it she would have had to know what "it" was. If she knew what "it" was and she didn't notify the authorities she more than likely committed a crime.

Anyone who knew and did nothing or helped this guy kill and wound all these people deserves to be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No one is arguing with you on that point though, but to look at this as an open and shut Muslims terrorist incident isn't enough to characterize what happened. That much is beyond obvious at this point.

To be honest, I think the only reason it is a Muslim terrorist attack is because the guy happened to be Muslim. I feel like in the coming months it will play out that his mental health was the crucial factor in what spawned this shooting. Not his religious zealotry.

Agreed, it wasn't just due to his religion, to a point. My theory he was conflicted because he was gay. He knows that's against his religion. He called 911 during the attack and said he pledged his allegiance to ISIS. I believe it was a cover story on his part because he didn't want the world to know he was gay when he died, specifically his intolerant father. His internal conflict led to a violent outburst in a gay club as a projection of self-loathing. His wife was a beard, and he happened to have a kid. My .02 ¢.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
a reply to: mzinga

On another note, this 'attack' isn't any difference than the church shooting of last year or Aurora Colorado shootings. Yet because this idiot was Muslim it's different. Trump logic...

Well I have yet to see any report of James Holmes or Dylann Roof claiming their allegiance to ISIS, nor were either of them Muslims, so yea there isn't any difference at all. Liberal logic...

What is this difference???

Is it ok to kill innocent people when you are a white, "bio"-american(that would be the natives) and a religious nut that believes in and talks to other imaginary friends than this alleged Allah?

No Logic!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

I feel like in the coming months it will play out that his mental health was the crucial factor in what spawned this shooting. Not this religious zealotry.

I suspect this to be the case for anyone associated with ISIS. They all suffer mental problems and are using a warped, perverted interpretation of a religion to justify their criminal actions.

That's a larger conversation that involves zealotry in general and mental health (which can also be applied to any religion and its zealots). I actually don't think what you said is the case though and a lot of the motivations for the individual members of ISIS are extremely varied to a degree you may find surprising.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

The same can be said aboyt Roof. He showed no physical ties to any group and seem to show sympathy for racist causes, yet I remember the left throwing a fit over a flag and its "connotation" and what it "represents" after that.

See, the difference in these 2 situation is that a feggin flag is NEVER going to hurt anyone, no matter who claims allegiance to it, where on the other hand, we KNOW that ISIS is actively trying to kill us, and most likely has the ability (if they haven't already)

So, crazy or not, I don't think it's reasonable nor logical to just forgo the alleged sympathy of the shooter.

This is a complete stretch and in no way a valid comparison. For one the left merely wanted to remove that flag from state buildings. It was the right that pretended like the left was trying to ban it. How many state buildings show ISIS markings?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Being a wife myself, if I thought, or heard my husband was planning this, then knowing he was buying guns, I would have immediately called 911 to tell them ASAP!!! I would NOT have waited! As I'm sure many of you here would do the same?! I hope???

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not saying she is innocent, but just because you travel with someone to purchase gun doesn't mean you ultimately know what he will be using them for. I'm glad she got a lawyer; on ATS alone, the amount of people armchair lawyering is astounding... I don't blame her for getting one either.

But they said she admitted he went there to shoot up the place. She drove him there and dropped him off. She's in deep doo-doo.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Agreed, it wasn't just due to his religion, to a point. My theory he was conflicted because he was gay. He knows that's against his religion. He called 911 during the attack and said he pledged his allegiance to ISIS. I believe it was a cover story on his part because he didn't want the world to know he was gay when he died, specifically his intolerant father. His internal conflict led to a violent outburst in a gay club as a projection of self-loathing. His wife was a beard, and he happened to have a kid. My .02 ¢.

This is my running theory as well. I feel like his relationship with his father and religion causing a conflict with his closeted homosexuality caused him to blame the LGBT community in general for his attractions, which he represented with the nightclub. Is proclamation of allegiance to ISIS is just a red herring to distract from an internal conflict that plays out all the time in this country. Son figures out he is gay but knows his fundamental parent(s) won't approve and will likely disown him. So he lashes out at the gay community.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
was just watching CNN, they were interviewing the guy that claims to be the one blocking the door.
he said that the shooter asked if there were any black people in the restroom, and that a man and a woman spoke up.
he said that he then told them that he had nothing against black people.

now my question is this,
if what the guys says is true, what kind of twisted logic would there be in not targeting black gay people and only white and hispanic gays?

the interview was just about 10 minutes ago.
edit on 14-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: it was MSNBC not CNN
edit on 14-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Being a wife myself, if I thought, or heard my husband was planning this, then knowing he was buying guns, I would have immediately called 911 to tell them ASAP!!! I would NOT have waited! As I'm sure many of you here would do the same?! I hope???

I would hope all of us here would do something to stop that kind of tragedy!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No. She was with him when he bought guns and ammo. She drove him to Pulse once prior to the event to "scope the place out". And she tried to talk him out of the shooting. That's everything I've read.

Omar Mateen's Wife Tried to Talk Him Out of Orlando Attack, Sources Say

The Orlando gunman's wife has told federal agents she tried to talk her husband out of carrying out the attack, NBC News has learned.

Omar Mateen's wife, Noor Zahi Salman, told the FBI she was with him when he bought ammunition and a holster, several officials familiar with the case said. She told the FBI that she once drove him to the gay nightclub, Pulse, because he wanted to scope it out.

Being present for the gun purchase and driving him to the bar at one point are circumstantial. I want to know the extent to how much she knew he was planning on doing. Perhaps she merely had an idea he was going to do something bad, but didn't know to the extent he was willing to go?

Keep in mind, if your and my running theory is true it is likely that she knew very little about what he was planning on doing since he was already embarrassed about his sexual identity and too many details may reveal that secret to her.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

His internal conflict led to a violent outburst in a gay club as a projection of self-loathing. His wife was a beard, and he happened to have a kid. My .02 ¢.

I was listening to a Gay Muslim on the radio yesterday.

He said after he came out to his parents (about age 30), his father tried to arrange a marriage to a lesbian - - so they could both be cured.

He says he's only alive today because he was told in a forum that suicide was the bigger sin.

Ignorance and extreme beliefs are very sad and harmful.

I believe it was the conflict that pushed him over the brink.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm not even equating it to the actual removal of the flag, rather the convoluted knee-jerk outrage towards an inanimate object ONLY because Roof showed sympathy for a cause.

This is the same type of reaction, only from the other spectrum. Difference is, that....

ISIS. Does. Want. To. Kill. You.

So, in that sense, his sympathy to their cause actually DOES need to be considered.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Wow she said she tried to talk him out of the attack. So she knew. Its really not that hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join