It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Very sad Chirp !!

The statistics and reasoning behind this are yet to be known.
The only thing for certain atm. Is that there are numerous scared and grieving families, friends and responders.

I don't know how, but I hope something can be learned yhat will prevent similar atrocities in the future.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
LIVE9970 viewers
POPUP NOTIFICATIONS
resources

40+ Reported injured. Shooter is dead.
Scanner Feed
Reddit thread
Live Newscast
discussions

no discussions yet. start one
updated by

/u/JASJMS
/u/WeaponEquis
/u/bytester
… and 3 more ⇒
just now FBI confirms that there are -some- indications it is related to radical Islamic ideology /u/bytester
a minute ago at least 30 people rescued during breach /u/bytester
2 minutes ago 9 officers involved and engaged with shooter. One officer was wounded. His Kevlar helmet saved his life. Injury to Eye. /u/kyleohiio
3 minutes ago "around" 20 dead /u/JASJMS
4 minutes ago FBI states no indication of further threats to Orlando or Elsewhere. /u/kyleohiio
8 minutes ago FBI investigating as act of terrorism /u/bytester
9 minutes ago Shootout started at 0200hrs with officer working at the club. Suspect fled inside, taking hostages. At 0500 SWAT moved in to rescue hostages killing suspect in process. Suspect confirmed to have "device" on person along with handgun and assault rifle. EOD (bomb squad) still working scene to clear / disarm device. /u/bytester
11 minutes ago multiple dead, 42 transported /u/JASJMS

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

just now
FBI confirms that there are -some- indications it is related to radical Islamic ideology /u/bytester

From live Reddit thread. Around 20 dead as well...

just now
Shooter well prepared and not from area /u/bytester

Maybe not so domestic
edit on 12-6-2016 by StolidPanda because: (no reason given)

Eta: Just now isn't me reporting in.. just copied from reddit.
Sad, sad day.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I just can't imagine HOW we are ever going to stop all of this senseless violence.

I know that sounds cliche but I just have no words.

Upwards of 20 dead.

For what? For nothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The news just said it took 9 cops to end this.

Fair play to them. Putting themselves in harm's way.
Hope they get some recognition because it's a big ask to do that, even if it's your job.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"no indication of second shooter"

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: StolidPanda
just now
FBI confirms that there are -some- indications it is related to radical Islamic ideology /u/bytester
From live Reddit thread. Around 20 dead as well...
just now
Shooter well prepared and not from area /u/bytester
Maybe not so domestic

Thank you, I had lost my feed briefly and knew I missed that part of the press conference.

Possibly the shooter/suspect made statements to allude to that?

It's strange, IMO, that they chose that club. It's a popular club with shows and such but certainly there are 'bigger' targets. Just 5 minutes away down Orange Blossom Trail even bigger more populated places and if killing a massive number is the desire it just seems as if there were 'bigger' targets.

Condolences to the families/survivors!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
UK news reporting no second shooter. Apparently the confusion has occurred because a beat cop witnessed the shooter open fire outside the club and attempted to take him down from across the road. This explains the other person shooting outside.

The source is Orlando PD.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Well, why just kill the infidels, when you can kill the gay infidels. Don't mean to be sarcastic, but this is obviously the mindset of these extremists terrorists be they foreign or domestic.

Feed is down.
1 cop injured.
42 in hospital.
20ish dead.
Shooter dead.
FBI claims shooter has radical Islamic ideaology.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ABC News also reporting the 'radical islamic' connection from FBI.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
The news just said it took 9 cops to end this.
Fair play to them. Putting themselves in harm's way.
Hope they get some recognition because it's a big ask to do that, even if it's your job.

In a world where so many folks dislike law enforcement (perhaps for good reason in some cases).

The police agencies in Central Florida are not one's to be fooled with. Tough as hell!

Orange County and Orlando specifically.

I think, years ago, Orlando was ranked within one of the 10 most deadly cities in the US.

Part of the reason I'm here in TN. Children.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StolidPanda
Well, why just kill the infidels, when you can kill the gay infidels. Don't mean to be sarcastic, but this is obviously the mindset of these extremists terrorists be they foreign or domestic.
Feed is down.
1 cop injured.
42 in hospital.
20ish dead.
FBI claims shooter has radical Islamic ideaology.

I didn't take it as sarcasm.

It is likely a reasonable explanation.

And a sad one.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What in the world could've been going on during those three hours between the initial firefight with the lone police officer and the SWAT breach? This must differ in some way from the "usual" mass shootings. But it doesn't sound like he was making ransom demands.

In that video of the mother scrolling through texts from her frantic son or daughter hiding in the bathroom, the first texts are from 2:06. Then after a gap in time, more texts, still saying he/she's in the bathroom and that the gunman is also there -- this at 2:50.

Then two more hours elapse before the SWAT guys go in. I can't even imagine what was happening.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Skulker

Think the whole people are reporting he has a bomb and could blow up the whole building thing with all the hostages inside put a stop to just bum rushing in with SWAT.

Definitely terrifying and intense for the hostages.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Skulker

Maybe something to do with the stories about the shooter having explosives. ..

Beaten to it :-)
edit on 13pSun, 12 Jun 2016 06:48:13 -050020162016-06-12T06:48:13-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Correct.
I will guess that the entry teams were waiting on Intel from inside the club, through listening devices, security systems and/or cell phones.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skulker
What in the world could've been going on during those three hours between the initial firefight with the lone police officer and the SWAT breach? This must differ in some way from the "usual" mass shootings. But it doesn't sound like he was making ransom demands.

In that video of the mother scrolling through texts from her frantic son or daughter hiding in the bathroom, the first texts are from 2:06. Then after a gap in time, more texts, still saying he/she's in the bathroom and that the gunman is also there -- this at 2:50.

Then two more hours elapse before the SWAT guys go in. I can't even imagine what was happening.

orlando police tweeted the shooter was dead at 2:53

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
CNN and Fox reporting now that the shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

In the last few months we've had Paris, Brussels, California and now apparently this... something is going on folks.

'We consider this an act of terrorism': Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 dead at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
CNN and Fox reporting now that the shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

In the last few months we've had Paris, Brussels, California and now apparently this... something is going on folks.

I doubt this event has any connection to the others you listed.

Let's not put the cart before the horse and jump to any conclusions. We need facts...not uninformed speculation.
edit on 12-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skulker

I heard there was a kind of hostage situation, had a negotiator come in and then SWAT went in.

Doocy is saying that in that time, he killed most of the people.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join