It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks TNM 👍

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
K9 units at the ORMC hospital about an hour ago.
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Morning Jess and yes, it's awful!

ORMC is a level 1 trauma center so the victims are/will be in excellent hands.

There's that at least.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
BBC says gunman dead and police say mass casualties inside.

came up on my phone.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Of course my friend!

Just announced live press conference @ 7 am EST

Channel 2 News

(added link again for convenience)
edit on 12-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Shooter dead after mass shooting at Orlando nightclub

Multiple people have been injured after a shooting at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, according to Orlando police.

According to investigators, a gunman opened fire inside the Pulse nightclub located at South Orange Avenue and Kaley Avenue around 2 a.m.

According to witnesses a man pulled out a gun near the entrance and opened fire on people inside. Some witness say the gunman closed the front doors and kept shooting.

He fled the scene, but continued to fire shots as he heading down the street toward Orlando Regional Medical Center.  ORMC is currently on lockdown. Reportedly other hospitals in the area, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, are also on lockdown.

According to Orlando police, the gunman is dead.  Police also said the shooting is a mass casualty situation, but did not release a number.

Pulse Orlando posted on its official Facebook page earlier this morning: “Everyone get out of pulse and keep running.”

Multiple law enforcement agencies reported responded to the scene, including the Orlando Fire Department’s bomb squad.

Channel 13 Orlando

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
According to witnesses a man pulled out a gun near the entrance and opened fire on people inside. Some witness say the gunman closed the front doors and kept shooting.

He fled the scene, but continued to fire shots as he heading down the street toward Orlando Regional Medical Center. 
Channel 13 Orlando

This strikes me as an attempted hit on someone that went pear-shaped.
edit on 6/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Sounds like two shooters too if one fled the scene toward the hospital but no distinction is made in the story. You make a good point.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Yes, since CNN reports that the police detonated a device at the club and then declared the shooter dead at the club.
CNN had video of the police shooting at the nightclub earlier.
Yet there are multiple reports that there was a shooter at the hosptial.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Agreed. I'm not sure how this became a lone gunman scenario with "shooter dead" but sadly we have all learned it's helpful to copy and paste part of the story text for posterity since what's at the end of any link sometimes changes dramatically. Very sad story. Senseless.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: butcherguy
Agreed. I'm not sure how this became a lone gunman scenario with "shooter dead" but sadly we have all learned it's helpful to copy and paste part of the story text for posterity since what's at the end of any link sometimes changes dramatically. Very sad story. Senseless.

Keep in mind that it is entirely possible that person seen running toward the hospital could have been a bystander simply running like hell blindly, or if they had their wits about them, running for medical help. Imagine you're at the doors of a venue, and someone walks up & starts shooting (probably at someone specific) Everyone's going to scatter ASAP.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I have to disagree.

If the shooter was white, their picture would already be online and part of the story.

If not their picture, at the very least the narrative would be a "white male began firing", from the lack of picture or that single word (white) it is safe to assume that the shooter(s) was not white this time.

Not being a "snowflake", just going by what is and is not reported in the media (and how) after every shooting event.

*prayers to the victims, to the families that lost loved ones and to those whose lives have been shattered by this hate, no matter the color from which it came.
edit on 12-6-2016 by 200Plus because: changed a "k" to a "d"

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There was a gay pride thing in Gloucester yesterday and while my daughter was dragging me round the shops she asked why they needed rallies now that being gay wasn't a crime and they had the same rights as the rest of us.

Shootings like this are why.
Poor people getting targeted like that.
Just awful.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Except they were shooting...and running, at least according to witnesses.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Multiple dead inside the club remaining.

No number given, yet.

42 victims taken to the hospital.

This is my old stomping grounds and my heart just breaks for these folks.

Hearing the interviews with people who can't find their loved ones yet. the hospital has taken family/friends inside to give info on their loved ones so it concerns me that the people who have had no word on/can't find their folks are the victims still inside the club.

Just announced possible 20 dead!
edit on 12-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well live Reddit feed is reporting FBI is investegating as an act of terrorism.

Prayers for the victims.
edit on 12-6-2016 by StolidPanda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: StolidPanda

Good news that.

It seems, so far to fit the definition of domestic terrorism.

IMO

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Big Reddit thread linky

One poster mentioned this:

Twitter survivors are saying the shooter is white/male

They don't know the other

Still unconfirmed, but it's about all there is to go on for ethnicity.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join